Ltz supposed to have LED lights

Hi, I just bought my 2018 Silverado Midnight Edition 2500.  Its a Duramax, LTZ plus Z71.  Is it supposed to have LEd turn signals, tail lights, etc?  Is;nt that part of the LTZ package?  Thanks in advance

2018: 

1500 silverado

T4F    Headlamps, high intensity discharge (HID) projector-beam with LED signature DRL     --    all lower trims
    T4L    Headlamps, LED projector with signature DRL and turn                                                    --     LTZ and HC

2500 silverado

Headlamps, halogen projector-beam   --  standard, all trims

No options listed

Perhaps some of silverado differences is because of  2 headlamp/4 headlamp systems?

1500 Sierra

T4F    Headlamps, high intensity discharge (HID) projector-beam with LED signature    --- 

On base/SLE/SLTstandard    
T4L    Headlamps, high-performance LED headlamps with GMC signature LED lighting --   

On SLT - Included and only available with (PDT) SLT Crew Cab Premium Plus Package, (PDG) All Terrain SLT Premium Package and (STF) All Terrain X Package;

On 1500 Denali -- standard

2500 sierra

Headlamps, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) projector-beam with GMC signature LED lighting  -- Std all trims, including 2500 Denali 

Edited by redwngr
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/24/2018 at 5:17 PM, CRApex said:

I added Morimoto LED Hi/low and fogs to my 2017.  

CRApex, do you have any pictures? also, how are you liking them now that you've had them in for a while, and what is your recommendation over HID's?

13 hours ago, DBeau said:

CRApex, do you have any pictures? also, how are you liking them now that you've had them in for a while, and what is your recommendation over HID's?

I had a 2017 GMC Denali 1500, that came with LED’s so when I bought the Silverado I was as disappointed as you they don’t come with LED’s (and its a High Country).  The Morimoto’s are comparable with the factory LED’s from the Denali but I would say the high beams are even better on my Silverado with the high beam LED’s.  The fogs work fine, not stellar.  I added the fogs( replacement housing assy) so it would match and not blind oncoming traffic by putting LED’s in a non-projector housing.  As far as HID’s..I don’t know,. I’ve been told the HID’s are brighter but they also degrade over time.  I’m happy with the LED’s and think they work great.

189D2DA8-74B1-4024-9B0E-44A10ED88344.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/10/2019 at 6:10 AM, CRApex said:

I had a 2017 GMC Denali 1500, that came with LED’s so when I bought the Silverado I was as disappointed as you they don’t come with LED’s (and its a High Country).  The Morimoto’s are comparable with the factory LED’s from the Denali but I would say the high beams are even better on my Silverado with the high beam LED’s.  The fogs work fine, not stellar.  I added the fogs( replacement housing assy) so it would match and not blind oncoming traffic by putting LED’s in a non-projector housing.  As far as HID’s..I don’t know,. I’ve been told the HID’s are brighter but they also degrade over time.  I’m happy with the LED’s and think they work great.

I didnt see if you mentioned it before but did you need any kind of wiring harness or anything for the LED's or were you able to plug them in and go?

8 hours ago, DBeau said:

I didnt see if you mentioned it before but did you need any kind of wiring harness or anything for the LED's or were you able to plug them in and go?

The kit came with the appropriate plug and play harness.  I can't remember if it was extra or if it came with but you also need the anti-flicker harness so the daytime running lights work (I believe it was an option you select at the time of checkout).  The only tricky part is the dust cover modification.  The kit includes a rubber extension that goes in a hole that needs to be cut in the factory housing access cover.  Not a big deal.

1 hour ago, CRApex said:

The kit came with the appropriate plug and play harness.  I can't remember if it was extra or if it came with but you also need the anti-flicker harness so the daytime running lights work (I believe it was an option you select at the time of checkout).  The only tricky part is the dust cover modification.  The kit includes a rubber extension that goes in a hole that needs to be cut in the factory housing access cover.  Not a big deal.

Ok, sounds good. Thanks again

• 5 months later...