2015 Sierra Headlight options

Mlamp89

1 minute ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

the one thing I see mentioned is NOTE: Not for use in low voltage high/low beam DRL applications

hmm, pretty sure that would apply to us no? 

Seems like it would as our 9012 bulbs are a Hi-Low combo.

The Retrofit Source site says the 9012 2 Stroke 2.0 coming sept. 14th works with 2014-2015 Sierra.

It has an optional DRL harness for $15 more.

They have a live chat.....

Dont do the 2 stroke. Led bulbs in the factory projectors are garbage. Do HIDs or if you have the budget ($285) install a Morimoto mini D2S 4.0 projector with Hylux ballasts. Here is a comparison pic so you can see the difference.

The first pic. Top pic (factory bulbs/projectors) Middle pic (factory projectors with 35 watt 5500k hids) Bottom pic (Mini D2S 4.0 projector with 35 watt 5500k hids)

Second pic is the same setup (read the description in the pic).

** even though it says FXR you will get the same (actually a little better) with the Mini D2S 4.0

If you have questions let me know.ecf34afe3f1cae8e34b7451b3208a002.jpg0cc9f083ae5361cfc16018f3d5c97fe2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

There is a gen5 diy harness to have fogs be the drl.
As far as HIDs as DRL go. The Hylux ballast option works best. Doesnt flicker during drl mode. Have sold many of them to SLE owners with no issue (knock on wood, lol).

**note to anyone that bought a retrofit kit from me in the last year. I dropped my prices in order to be the lowest available. Lol. So now a full retro kit is $285 and not over $300. Email me at [email protected] with your order number and I can get you a discount code for some XBled fog lights (chromed or black), switchback bulbs or boards. I want to be sure that anyone that bought before I dropped my prices isn't upset. Lol.

Or, you could just do a fastheadlights kit and have hid brightness with a smooth cutoff. Led's are cool, but they aren't quite there yet. 

Definitely not true. I ran LEDs in my 2008 Sierra and have them in my 2017 Malibu. You just gotta buy the right brand. I’ve had fantastic results with my SNGL bulbs(about $200). Don’t waste your time with $50 sets like Hikari. I had a set fail pretty quickly on me.

I’d put them in my 2018 Silverado, but I’m pretty happy with the factory HIDs, although I wish the color were a bit whiter.

No, I haven't.

Since my truck is not a daily driver I hardly ever drive it at night.

Once my old daily driver kicks the bucket my sierra will be my daily driver. At that point I will upgrade but like you and others

I have no idea what to upgrade to. I really do not want to mess with wiring and ballasts/HIDs.  I figured by the time lighting upgrades

needed to be made someone would have a better tech LED out there that is just plug and play.

I think Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0 may be the best one yet as far as LED technology.

Are your fog light bulbs stock?

Here is a 12 part video series showing the process of installing a Morimoto D2S 4.0 projector retrofit kit in the GMC Sierra.

Part 1: Opening the kit

[/url]

Part 2: Parts and materials needed

Part 3: Setting up the projector

Part 4: Modify dust cap

Part 5: Cut lines on the back

Part 6: Cutting thr back

Part 7: Removing the OEM projector

Part 8: Install Morimoto D2S 4.0

Part 9: Wiring the bixenon shutter

Part 10: Hooking up the ballast input

Part 11: Connecting your Hylux ballast

Part 12: Sealing the back

14 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

No, I haven't.

Since my truck is not a daily driver I hardly ever drive it at night.

Once my old daily driver kicks the bucket my sierra will be my daily driver. At that point I will upgrade but like you and others

I have no idea what to upgrade to. I really do not want to mess with wiring and ballasts/HIDs.  I figured by the time lighting upgrades

needed to be made someone would have a better tech LED out there that is just plug and play.

I think Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0 may be the best one yet as far as LED technology.

Are your fog light bulbs stock?

they are yeah. I had Morimoto in my 09 Silverado. I liked them. Probably do them after the headlights as those are my priority. 

Rosco, you still running your stock halogen fog light bulbs?

Again, would love the Morimoto XB Led units down the road.

I was wondering if the CVB2 Philips Crystalvision bulbs might be good alternatives to our stock situation for now.

So many LED options out there but just not sure which plug and play units would work best for our trucks.

20 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

Rosco, you still running your stock halogen fog light bulbs?

Again, would love the Morimoto XB Led units down the road.

I was wondering if the CVB2 Philips Crystalvision bulbs might be good alternatives to our stock situation for now.

So many LED options out there but just not sure which plug and play units would work best for our trucks.

I am. I did toss on some Lamin-x amber to give them a bit of a different look.