2015 Sierra Headlight options

Mlamp89

yea problem is sum love the led bulbs because they dont drive in dark places were therr are no city lights so theyve never had to drive in pitch black darkness and the ones that do are the ones that do are usually the ones that complain....i saw some1 that swaped the projector to a clear aftermarket one and u could see the big diffrence.....i cant remember the post but it was on fb he held it in his hand in light and was WAY clearer which is what the problem is the factories arent as clear

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

Yeh, I've been looking at differernt options for my 15 Sierra. Not gonna do a full swap. I just want bulbs. 

The Morimoto Hid kid seems to get good reviews. There are a few posts about some LED bulbs, but it seems hit n miss, some love the differernce, then you read how terrible they are. Wish there was a Thread on just LED bulb options for the Sierra. 

Morimoto bulbs + hylux 35w ballast + d2s mini 4.0 = headlight heaven. It was something like $325ish for everything

you can skip the d2s mini retrofit if you want, but it will give you that super sharp beam cut-off and wide pattern

Got all my stuff from fast headlights, who’s on this forum. Actually answered my texts on the weekend while I was installing.

The 35w would be comparable to the brightest factory headlights you’ve ever seen, maybe even brighter. 55w is just absurd. If you live in a hilly area, I wouldn’t recommend the 55w as you encounter too many circumstances where you would be blinding the hell out of oncoming traffic.

Edited by truckguy82
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

Yeah, trying to locate stuff here in Canada. Bit trickier lol 

Fast headlights might be able to ship there. I mean the owner is the one that answers the phone. You can paypal him USD.

Edited by truckguy82

3 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

They look promising as they are labeled 9012 which is the bulb size for our trucks.

indeed. I think they're $120ish. But then you can step up to the hid kit for $170ish. Soooo still torn. Like to see a review on them too. 

A review would be nice.

Plug and play. HID kit a little more involved and ballasts to mess with I guess.

Here is a review on a small car but it does go into a projector.

Looks good. H11 bulb. Ours is a 9012 so probably a little more output than these..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45vCeB7NoAI

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

A review would be nice.

Plug and play. HID kit a little more involved and ballasts to mess with I guess.

Here is a review on a small car but it does go into a projector.

Looks good. H11 bulb. Ours is a 9012 so probably a little more output than these..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45vCeB7NoAI

and those are the v1's too. The v2s I guess have a much smaller fingerprint. Not sure if the 9012 kit will be 1 or 2

22 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

I am sure it will be the latest technology.

Amazon reviews are very positive for the 9012 bulb.

Not specifically on a Sierra, but one Acadia owner.

They also come with extended dust covers.

the one thing I see mentioned is NOTE: Not for use in low voltage high/low beam DRL applications

hmm, pretty sure that would apply to us no? 

46 minutes ago, alexg said:

this one customer said he had morimoto and just as bright as the factories i sold him.....so yea contact that guy and tell him these or brighter.....lold83fd23df34024c3a2315de9a0e87583.jpg4d95d925db4b0bd01f0bb67fd2645b49.jpg

It is 100% not as bright. I’ve spent a good amount if time in ‘16 plus denali loaners and my own hid retrofit.

I’d rather have 16+ lights because they look better and have a pretty decent light output. But no way there are as bright straight from the factory as a 35w HID retrofit. I’m fairly certain there is not a single oem headlight that’s as bright except maybe $10k bmw I8 lasers headlights in europe.

• Like 1

yea i dont know im just going by what im told by the people ive sold to....i had hids in my factory 14 but i dont drive at night or in pitch black so im not gonna lie and say since dont know.....i was just saying thats what he said so i was telling the guy thats looking for bulbs based on what this customer told me to call and get that or better

It is 100% not as bright. I’ve spent a good amount if time in ‘16 plus denali loaners and my own hid retrofit.

I’d rather have 16+ lights because they look better and have a pretty decent light output. But no way there are as bright straight from the factory as a 35w HID retrofit. I’m fairly certain there is not a single oem headlight that’s as bright except maybe $10k bmw I8 lasers headlights in europe.