Show Us Your 2019 & Up T1 Pictures !

Back into a GM truck after 3 years.  2020 Sierra AT4 Carbon Pro with the Duramax.  Loving this truck!  Coming off a 2019 Ram 1500 limited.  There are certain little details I like better about the Ram but overall I'm enjoying driving this truck a lot more!

Scott

20201009_1507011.jpg

• Like 9

Back into a GM truck after 3 years.  2020 Sierra AT4 Carbon Pro with the Duramax.  Loving this truck!  Coming off a 2019 Ram 1500 limited.  There are certain little details I like better about the Ram but overall I'm enjoying driving this truck a lot more!

Scott
20201009_1507011.thumb.jpg.47513a73f3e320fca801ea8608e6d687.jpg
Very nice! I was insanely close to buying a 2019 Ram Limited several months ago, but went with a '19 LTZ with the 6.2 instead. What was it that pulled you away from the Ram if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, RStrain56 said:

Very nice! I was insanely close to buying a 2019 Ram Limited several months ago, but went with a '19 LTZ with the 6.2 instead. What was it that pulled you away from the Ram if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I had come to hate the limited package.  It was a 4wd "street" truck, 22's with street tires.  When I bought it I was admittedly drawn to the new look and all the tech stuff.  I like trucks that are set up more for off road. I ended up leasing it so I never bothered replacing the wheels/tires.  So a couple weeks ago my salesman texted me and asked if I still had the truck.  I guess the used car market is really hot now and they were trying hard to get them.   At first I thought it was a typical dealer gimmick but come to find out it's true, it wasn't just them, lots of dealers are looking for used cars.   I brought the truck down to get it appraised and an offer.  I still had 14 months left on my lease but they made a great offer and I ended up making some money off of it.

So then I decided maybe the Rebel was a better fit for me.  I wanted a 21 because thats when Ram started coming out with the HUD and rear view camera mirror.  Again I love that techy stuff LOL.  The price for the truck with all the options I wanted was around $66K.  Only downside to the Rebel was that it didn't have cooled seats, only perforated.  The other trim level I considered was the limited longhorn, it could be set up similar to the Rebel but it would have been over $70k.

I have never been interested in Ford so I started looking at the Silverado and Sierra.  I wanted the diesel but the only trims I could find them in was the LTZ.  I found one I liked that had a great price with all the options I wanted so I sent a message to the dealer.  I then started looking at the Sierra AT4, I liked it a lot better than the LTZ, no chrome!.  No offense to my Silverado brothers but I really liked the looks of the GMC better.  Only downside to the GM trucks is that the interior doesn't compare to the Ram (I really love that 12" screen!) but it was something I could live with considering all the other cool features it has. 

Seemed like all the AT4's around Austin were either black or white.  I've been done with black cars for a long time LOL and I never really liked white.  I was more looking for the darker gray color (I forgot the name of it) but then I saw the satin steel at a dealership in San Antonio.  They were advertising it for $10K off sticker ($6k GM incentive and $4k dealer discount).  It had all the options I wanted.  I contacted them but of course it had been sold.  I then checked another dealer in San Antonio and they had 3 of them, only minor negative thing about the trucks was that they all had the 20" wheel option.  I wanted the 18" with the better tires.  So I went to test drive the truck and I loved it!  I really loved how it drove and how it felt and the 20's actually looked good.  The dealer discount was only $500 but they matched the other dealers discount.  Only negative is that it comes with running boards which gets put on at the dealer but they are back ordered, so i'll need to go back to put them on.  I'm 5'11" but it still a good hike to get up and down out of that cab! 

There are some nit picky stuff I don't like about that truck.  While i'm on break at work I sit in the truck and listen to music for an hour.  In this texas heat I have the engine running for the AC.  Well the truck shuts down after like 15min of idling and acc mode shuts off after like 10 min.  Pretty inconvenient.  I also wish they put a page with a list of all your gauges displayed digitally like you can in the ram.  While i'm on break I monitor the battery V to make sure I don't go below 12.1V.  With this trucks analog gauge you can't see where 12V sits.  Again, just nit picky stuff.  Overall I like the interior with the exception of that little tiny baby infotainment screen. LOL

Sorry for the long winded explanation but it's hard describing the method of my madness LOL.  I'm enclosing another pic, I just got it back from being ceramic coated.  Pics don't do it justice though.

20201015_145945.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, White Duramax said:

What’s up fellas?  I just purchased a 2020 AT4 with the duramax.   Love it so far!  First thing I did was put 285/65/20 KO’2’s and leveled the front end.  No rub what so ever.  

FE157FE8-AE22-4231-BB75-69C3818BE33E.jpeg

DA0E8865-76FB-4D47-B90F-119A13D7DB69.jpeg

Looks nice! Got a full side pic? Did you do a 1” or 1.5” level in the front? I’m wanting to add the TB/AT4 lift and leveling to my LTZ with those same tires...Did those tires make the ride much stiffer? Thanks!

Edited by ausomecasey
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, ausomecasey said:

Looks nice! Got a full side pic? Did you do a 1” or 1.5” level in the front? I’m wanting to add the TB/AT4 lift and leveling to my LTZ with those same tires...Did those tires make the ride much stiffer? Thanks!

Hey bud.   It has the AT4 kit from the factory that you are referring to, I installed a Zone Off-road 1.5” level.  The truck is perfectly level, which I like on my trucks.   The tires, to me, make the ride better than the tires from the the factory since there is more sidewall.   The Rancho shocks are a little too soft IMO, I plan to upgrade to FOX or ICON’s later down the road.  I like a more planted feel in curves like I had on my 2016 F150 with upgraded shocks from an  Eibach level kit.  

I will post a better picture later on today for you. 

6 hours ago, White Duramax said:

What’s up fellas?  I just purchased a 2020 AT4 with the duramax.   Love it so far!  First thing I did was put 285/65/20 KO’2’s and leveled the front end.  No rub what so ever.  

FE157FE8-AE22-4231-BB75-69C3818BE33E.jpeg

DA0E8865-76FB-4D47-B90F-119A13D7DB69.jpeg

Nice ride.  I got mine from Cavenders also.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2020 at 10:17 AM, ausomecasey said:

Here you go man. Not the best lighting due to overcast.  

9F6E66E7-AAC9-405D-947D-B8E89F445D94.jpeg

• Like 2

2020 LT Trail Boss. Just picked it up late this afternoon. Have a few mods to do but I like to keep pretty close to stock with a few personal touches.

Already done:

black lugs/wheel locks

black emblems and tailgate lettering

tri fold bed cover 

To Do list:

shorty antennae 

spray in bed liner

swap out z71 badges with black/red 
amp bed extender

powder coat exhaust tips black

still on the fence with front bow tie. Was thinking about doing the black bow tie with red trim. 

40FBBF84-3DC5-4DA8-BA4D-472C9730B9AC.jpeg

• Like 2

On 10/16/2020 at 11:11 AM, White Duramax said:

Hey bud.   It has the AT4 kit from the factory that you are referring to, I installed a Zone Off-road 1.5” level.  The truck is perfectly level, which I like on my trucks.   The tires, to me, make the ride better than the tires from the the factory since there is more sidewall.   The Rancho shocks are a little too soft IMO, I plan to upgrade to FOX or ICON’s later down the road.  I like a more planted feel in curves like I had on my 2016 F150 with upgraded shocks from an  Eibach level kit.  

I will post a better picture later on today for you. 

Isn't that a C rated or standard load tire that came on it? How does going to an E-rated tire even though it has more sidewall make it ride better? Those new tires are much stiffer and heavier.  

On 10/15/2020 at 10:18 PM, ScottMA said:

I had come to hate the limited package.  It was a 4wd "street" truck, 22's with street tires.  When I bought it I was admittedly drawn to the new look and all the tech stuff.  I like trucks that are set up more for off road. I ended up leasing it so I never bothered replacing the wheels/tires.  So a couple weeks ago my salesman texted me and asked if I still had the truck.  I guess the used car market is really hot now and they were trying hard to get them.   At first I thought it was a typical dealer gimmick but come to find out it's true, it wasn't just them, lots of dealers are looking for used cars.   I brought the truck down to get it appraised and an offer.  I still had 14 months left on my lease but they made a great offer and I ended up making some money off of it.

So then I decided maybe the Rebel was a better fit for me.  I wanted a 21 because thats when Ram started coming out with the HUD and rear view camera mirror.  Again I love that techy stuff LOL.  The price for the truck with all the options I wanted was around $66K.  Only downside to the Rebel was that it didn't have cooled seats, only perforated.  The other trim level I considered was the limited longhorn, it could be set up similar to the Rebel but it would have been over $70k.

I have never been interested in Ford so I started looking at the Silverado and Sierra.  I wanted the diesel but the only trims I could find them in was the LTZ.  I found one I liked that had a great price with all the options I wanted so I sent a message to the dealer.  I then started looking at the Sierra AT4, I liked it a lot better than the LTZ, no chrome!.  No offense to my Silverado brothers but I really liked the looks of the GMC better.  Only downside to the GM trucks is that the interior doesn't compare to the Ram (I really love that 12" screen!) but it was something I could live with considering all the other cool features it has. 

Seemed like all the AT4's around Austin were either black or white.  I've been done with black cars for a long time LOL and I never really liked white.  I was more looking for the darker gray color (I forgot the name of it) but then I saw the satin steel at a dealership in San Antonio.  They were advertising it for $10K off sticker ($6k GM incentive and $4k dealer discount).  It had all the options I wanted.  I contacted them but of course it had been sold.  I then checked another dealer in San Antonio and they had 3 of them, only minor negative thing about the trucks was that they all had the 20" wheel option.  I wanted the 18" with the better tires.  So I went to test drive the truck and I loved it!  I really loved how it drove and how it felt and the 20's actually looked good.  The dealer discount was only $500 but they matched the other dealers discount.  Only negative is that it comes with running boards which gets put on at the dealer but they are back ordered, so i'll need to go back to put them on.  I'm 5'11" but it still a good hike to get up and down out of that cab! 

There are some nit picky stuff I don't like about that truck.  While i'm on break at work I sit in the truck and listen to music for an hour.  In this texas heat I have the engine running for the AC.  Well the truck shuts down after like 15min of idling and acc mode shuts off after like 10 min.  Pretty inconvenient.  I also wish they put a page with a list of all your gauges displayed digitally like you can in the ram.  While i'm on break I monitor the battery V to make sure I don't go below 12.1V.  With this trucks analog gauge you can't see where 12V sits.  Again, just nit picky stuff.  Overall I like the interior with the exception of that little tiny baby infotainment screen. LOL

Sorry for the long winded explanation but it's hard describing the method of my madness LOL.  I'm enclosing another pic, I just got it back from being ceramic coated.  Pics don't do it justice though.

20201015_145945.jpg

Do you off road or just going for the look? 20's are fine for the look but aren't much better in terms of leaving the pavement than the 22's. The function of the 18's got them beat, an aired down 18 feels fantastic off road. 

Tyler

On 10/14/2020 at 7:05 AM, RyanbabZ71 said:

11d41c6db3d2193eee810ae1836ec359.jpg

Ryan B.

Nice pic and the long bed is the way to go if you have the room. I didn't know you could add the Z71 package to the High Country, I wish GM made the Z71 and Trail boss a full blown package you can add to any trim level like ford does. Want a WT or Custom with the Z71 package, sure. You like and plan to use the trail boss goodies but aren't with the over played black wheels and bumpers fad and want chrome bumpers? Add that package to the LT or LTZ, just get away from making them a trim level. 

Tyler

Nice pic and the long bed is the way to go if you have the room. I didn't know you could add the Z71 package to the High Country, I wish GM made the Z71 and Trail boss a full blown package you can add to any trim level like ford does. Want a WT or Custom with the Z71 package, sure. You like and plan to use the trail boss goodies but aren't with the over played black wheels and bumpers fad and want chrome bumpers? Add that package to the LT or LTZ, just get away from making them a trim level. 

Tyler

Yea you can add the Z71 pkg to a HC. The biggest benefit was the 2 mode transfer case. No decals either other than the RPO code in the glovebox

Ryan B.