Show Us Your 2019 & Up T1 Pictures !

2 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

I'm 500 miles in with a 5.3 LTZ and it drives like a Cadillac to me coming from Hondas and Subarus. Smooth and quiet, even with Z71.

Same here. 700 miles on my 5.3 8sp RST Z71. Upgraded from a 2007 LT Crew, so the ride and drive are an exponential improvement. 

I have not experienced any vibration or oddities so far. When I first got it, I did feel like the shift from 1-2 was a little abrupt in the mornings when the truck was cold. But I have since come to realize I was babying the accelerator a little much, which was causing that harsh shifting feeling. I had to adjust my foot from its 12-year habits of driving a 4 speed w/OD! ? 

I’ve noticed that the 8 speed really works so smoothly when you put it to work. Not mashing on the gas, but just driving it like normal. It’s a GREAT power train, IMO. 

Edited by econometrics
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, UGADawgs said:

I'm 500 miles in with a 5.3 LTZ and it drives like a Cadillac to me coming from Hondas and Subarus. Smooth and quiet, even with Z71.

Same! Love the 5.3/8speed combo! Smooth as silk and more power than I could ever need! I have about 5000 miles on mine. Came from a 2011 Silverado half ton with 5.3/6speed and new truck is better in every way! The DFM is so much better than the AFM was (still wish it didn't have this feature but if it's going to,at least they improved it!)

Edited by Ben Berkenpas
  • Like 5

definitely sounds like you need to be super careful with how you wash it. If it's going through a car wash with brushes, any black car will look bad after a few of those. OnThereel said a 2 bucket wash is the best way... I couldn't agree more. One bucket has soapy water, the other is for rinsing... I rinse my wash mitt after i wash each panel both with the hose and in the bucket, then do the wheels and rockers with a separate mitt and do them last. Start with the glass and work your way down. Black is a pain to wash but looks awesome when it's cleaned and cared for properly.  

Thanks for the tip. I guess I’ll be hitting up autozone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not experienced any vibration or oddities so far. When I first got it, I did feel like the shift from 1-2 was a little abrupt in the mornings when the truck was cold.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to notice this. I have a 2019 RST and I noticed this for the first few weeks I got the truck. If I don’t baby the throttle as well it doesn’t have the abrupt shift form 1-2 from a cold start. The first few times it happened I remember thinking I really hope my brand new truck doesn’t have a transmission problem.

13 hours ago, cccjrsbox said:

57568824795__D3620117-FB4D-467E-A429-8F61D80949D4.thumb.JPG.3696c5b7dff705fcfedd2c7ddb8dd3bc.JPG

Looking to put on side steps Ricky's

I got real lucky with mine.  They had a scuff mark on the driver side one so they gave them to me for free.

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one to notice this. I have a 2019 RST and I noticed this for the first few weeks I got the truck. If I don’t baby the throttle as well it doesn’t have the abrupt shift form 1-2 from a cold start. The first few times it happened I remember thinking I really hope my brand new truck doesn’t have a transmission problem.

Look up bulletin #16-NA-361 harsh 1-2 shift upon first startup shift under light throttle. GM says it normal on the 8 speed. It has something to do with the initial clutch fill time of the C4 clutch. No fix for it. Gm says it's normal. I have driven more than one 2019 8 speed and they all do it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Look up bulletin #16-NA-361 harsh 1-2 shift upon first startup shift under light throttle. GM says it normal on the 8 speed. It has something to do with the initial clutch fill time of the C4 clutch. No fix for it. Gm says it's normal. I have driven more than one 2019 8 speed and they all do it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for posting this. Puts my mind at ease that it’s normal and not our trucks having an issue.

11 minutes ago, mafd2 said:

Looks like the steel and white are jacked up on blocks and have no tires and wheels lol.  I don't think black wheels are doing these trucks justice. Just an opinion.

Yeah shitty lighting doesn't help with it being sunny and these trucks parked facing south in the morning either.

Have you seen them in person?