Hey guys I'm new to the forum but I've been having some exhaust issues, and I'm hoping someone can help.

I just recently swapped my muffler for the borla XR-1 (40085) muffler and deleted my resonator. I left the valve after the OEM muffler and then dumped the exhaust after the rear axle, no tip, just pipe.

Ive been having an issue with a whistle or "whoosh" sound whenever I accelerate or whenever I have a warm start. I've gone to a shop to have them check the welds for leaks/gaps and there doesn't appear to be any issues and I still have the sound. Has anyone else had this issue with this model #? Could it be a defective muffler?

Also, would adding an exhaust tip to the dump after my axle fix this issue? I'm open to all options at this point since it's not a leak like I was thinking.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, Jaychevy81 said:

It could be the pipe was it cut it may have a burr on the end causing the exhaust to roll as it exits. Or where it dumps could be a pocket of air flow or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would you check this at the inside of weld locations, short of cutting the pipe and redoing the welds?