Hey guys new to the site and ive looked around and still havent found a solution i recently bought a 2014 crew cab lt 5.3l chevy silverado with 63,000. I bought the Range afm to disable v4 mode and my transmission slips from 1-2 then has like half the power from 2-3 at cold or hot doesnt matter. Then drive fine after 3rd gear. i just recently flushed my transmission and changed the filter but still no luck... dealer said they cant find anything... plz help

D6E8D198-6B24-4586-9177-452C4AFE0F9C.jpeg

No truck drove fine when i was test driving it. Dealer was no help they said to just flush the tranny and after doing that it drove great for about all of a day and it happened again. And you cant predict when it does it... i could start my truck middle of the day all warmed up put it in drive and itll do it. Only does it about once every hour of driving with tranny consistently in drive.......

A few questions..

Did you receive any warranty from dealer, 90days,, etc. or was truck sold "As Is"?

If you remove Range,, does problem still exist?

Any Codes ?

How's trans fluid,, burnt or normal in color, smell?

You may want to drop trans pan to see if any materials on bottom..

Cheers---K

Trans Fluid looked pretty bad defiantly has never been changed and i have warrantly until 100k and im at 78k 

No codes or check engine light

truck was sold as a certified chevy truck....

yet to take Range and drive it havent gotten around to it next gonna try that next.

No material on bottom of pan

With truck cold i disconnected and reconnected battery to reset computer and removed range. let the truck warm up for a little. 1-2 fine 2-3 hard direct shift nothing abnormal every other gear is fine.

Put Range back in 1-2 fine 2-3 smoother than without the range.... starting to think its the range cause shifts were more consisted without but i dislike the v4 mode alot... 

Is the hypertech 2.0 anygood?? 

Benny no experience with the Hypertech sorry.   Have you tried running without the Range device and putting the transmission in M5?   This deactivates the AFM on your truck.  I run my 6.2 in M7 mode and the transmission seems more relaxed at 30-45mph driving around town.  Once I get up to 68 mph or so on the highway I shift up to M8.