Rear window leak

Demon

On 4/6/2020 at 10:12 PM, 19TrailBoss said:

So in the process of replacing my headliner because of water staining from the rear window leak, I now have a leak from my front window... Apparently the front windshield had to be removed to replace the headliner. Oh, and my rear window is leaking AGAIN!!! My dealership has tried to reseal the original window, then the entire rear window was replaced, then the new rear window was resealed, and now I've discovered the leak yet again. I'll be calling back my Chevy corporate rep tomorrow, and possibly a SC lemon law lawyer depending on how the conversation with Chevy goes...74c0daecf705bbc99c6a290a05c065a3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

I just got mine back from the second attempt to fix the rear window, which appears to be holding, but now had the same footwell puddle you do after rain last night. Have they fixed this for you yet? Would love to provide some suggested fixes to my dealer since it wasn't right the first time. 

I just got mine back from the second attempt to fix the rear window, which appears to be holding, but now had the same footwell puddle you do after rain last night. Have they fixed this for you yet? Would love to provide some suggested fixes to my dealer since it wasn't right the first time. 
In the same day it was discovered they had the glass company come back and try to reseal it, which also didn't work. Last week I took it back to the dealership for them to take a look at it and see if it were anything simple like the sunroof drain being undone, but it wasn't... They have ordered me a brand new windshield and seals that should be in, just waiting on the glass company to call and arrange a time to install. In the meantime my claim with the BBB autoline had been approved to go forward, so hoping to be done with this truck in the next few weeks or months...

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Well...add me to the ****ing list [emoji35][emoji35]

Rained all night and this morning. 8500 miles on the truck. Minor leak on driver side and significant on passenger side. Rear window

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2019 RST with sliding window, February 2019 build. I have been dreading this day.

I’m way too meticulous the repair process is going to drive me nuts. Between the sealant everywhere, scratches, dents, finger prints, scratched panels. I might just trade the truck in. Worst part is I only owe $10k,

Not sure what I would get on a trade in.

Just wanted to update everyone, my truck was leaking on the drivers side. I caught it very early and it never even reached the headliner. I called my dealership and they had a company called the Water Doctors do the repair, as they said no one at their dealership had the expertise to perform this fix (after reading everything here I was glad to hear that). Since I've had it back it's rained a bunch and I've hit it with a pressure washer to test and it's been leak free for going on two months now. I feel like if the right person does the job this is an easy fix.

• Like 3

Just wanted to update everyone, my truck was leaking on the drivers side. I caught it very early and it never even reached the headliner. I called my dealership and they had a company called the Water Doctors do the repair, as they said no one at their dealership had the expertise to perform this fix (after reading everything here I was glad to hear that). Since I've had it back it's rained a bunch and I've hit it with a pressure washer to test and it's been leak free for going on two months now. I feel like if the right person does the job this is an easy fix.

Couldn’t agree more. I would venture to bet almost all of the rear windows (that don’t have cracks in the frame) could be fixed with the seam sealant, the techs are just too lazy to to lay a decent seam down without voids in it, and actually seal the spoiler properly.

It’s a shame these dealers are so pitiful at such a simple fix.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, grapedrinkesha said:

Ive always wondered this myself. Ever since my window was replaced , it has been problem free. My dealer works with an auto glass company that is contracted out.

Im wondering if some dealers just have the techs do the replacement.

• Like 1

Figured I’d report back in to ease some worries. I had my window replaced over two months ago. The dealership sent my truck to their glass/collision division and they replaced the window. All is good. No leaks. They did a great job. Seems like anything in life, need the right people doing the job. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 9:51 AM, Tomtom87 said:

Well I dropped my truck off this morning so lets see how well they can “fix” my truck.

Has anyone had any success after a repair? Just out if curiosity 

Got mine back a week ago and it’s rained every day and washed it today and no leak so far.. dealer performed the TSB . I don’t really want a new window because they would need to take my truck apart 

I got my truck back two weeks ago.  The dealer fixed the leak, replaced the carpet and headliner.  Not a scratch, ding, finger print or a rattle.  I am very happy with this dealer.

• Like 2

I got my truck back two weeks ago.  The dealer fixed the leak, replaced the carpet and headliner.  Not a scratch, ding, finger print or a rattle.  I am very happy with this dealer.

Mind sharing what dealer it was for those that might be in your area?

Would you believe it’s been over 8 months and the original caulk fix is still holding?! Had 5” of rain over the past couple days, got a little nervous but all is well.

As others have said, a lasting repair can be had if the person doing the work is somewhat competent. I think that’s a lot of the frustration here. And why this thread is so many pages. GM and the dealers making it way harder on themselves.

• Like 2