Anyone here have an LTZ (or HC) with a jump seat?

Bought my truck used (1 owner CPO), with ~20k miles on it.  The truck is an LTZ with all the bells and whistles.. except it has a jump seat, instead of a console.  Now, I know a lot of folks switch the console out for the jumpseat, but the previous owner was 65 years old.  I highly doubt he switched the console out for a jump seat, or even knew the option existed.  

Does anyone on here have a jumpseat LTZ (or high trim package) truck, that was like that when you bought it?  I am in the market for a console, but haven't looked too hard.  I know I will have to get a harness from @pgamboa at some point.  Might try and kill two birds in one stone, next time I am in Dallas, and pick up a console and the harness all at once.

I don't mind the jumpseat, but miss having a full length console, and am very curious to if these LTZs come from the factory with an LT/WT type jump seat console.

znNfVNK.jpg

Thanks! 

Take a look under the front passenger seat. If the truck came with the jump seat factory, there will be a square cutout in the carpet. It’s toward the middle and closer to the jump seat. Lift the flap and look for a connector. If it has it, then it came with a jump seat. Here is a pic.

c413e40ea4cce8e9bf51a8bb801f1e71.jpg

I haven’t done many Full Console to Jump Seat (Reverse) conversions but I did make 2 harnesses going “backwards”.

As for consoles, I have a supplier that I can get new, 2018 consoles from, drop shipped to you. $750 for the console, $150 for my harness, and $75 for the USB Cables.

I would poke around behind the “ash tray” location and see if there is factory dash harness. Likely not and this truck did come with a jump seat... or maybe they put LTZ emblems :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Take a look under the front passenger seat. If the truck came with the jump seat factory, there will be a square cutout in the carpet. It’s toward the middle and closer to the jump seat. Lift the flap and look for a connector. If it has it, then it came with a jump seat. Here is a pic.

c413e40ea4cce8e9bf51a8bb801f1e71.jpg

I haven’t done many Full Console to Jump Seat (Reverse) conversions but I did make 2 harnesses going “backwards”.

As for consoles, I have a supplier that I can get new, 2018 consoles from, drop shipped to you. $750 for the console, $150 for my harness, and $75 for the USB Cables.

I would poke around behind the “ash tray” location and see if there is factory dash harness. Likely not and this truck did come with a jump seat... or maybe they put LTZ emblems :)

Thanks for the info!  I will take a gander.  

It is an LTZ.  Checked the vin and door jamb sticker.  Everything lines up.  Trust me, I was going to bust them for selling me an LT as an LTZ, but everything checked out when I looked.  I had just never seen an LTZ with a jump seat before.  Weird. 

36 minutes ago, 2017Darkness said:

I see quite a few LTZ's with split bench in them. They are weird...

Yeah they are kind of dumb to be honest.  One of my guys has a 2014 LT 1/2 ton for a work truck.  His truck has a 40/20/40 in leather with heat ( factory), command start, digital climate control, power seats etc....  so really an LTZ is going to be the same truck except it would have the base Bose system that doesn't have a sub.  

I would love to have compared window stickers between his LT and an LTZ base in 2014... his LT was probably more money lol.

You probably won't find many going from a full console to the bench seat because most of the console trucks have the Bose sound system and the carpet is cut out for the subwoofer that is under the console so if they remove the console, they'll have a large whole in the carpet (see pic) unless they also replace the front portion of their carpet.  Also, the higher trim trucks also will have the cooled seat option as well.  The Denali's and High Country's are the only trucks that came standard with bucket seats with the bench seat not available.  Like mentioned above, the bench seat is standard equipment on the other trims but buckets are required on the LTZ/SLT if you wanted the cooled seats.

20170527_015316.jpg

2017 1500

-

standard on LTZ  (1LZ and 2LZ)

B3F    Seats, front 40/20/40 leather-appointed split-bench, 3-passenger with (KA1) heated seat cushions and seat backs. Includes 10-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters, including driver/front passenger power recline, driver/front passenger power lumbar, 2-position driver memory and adjustable outboard head restraints. 

Available on LTZ, (1LZ, 2LZ),  standard on HC (3LZ)

AN3         Seats, front full-feature leather-appointed bucket with (KA1) heated seat cushions and seat backs. Includes 10-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters, including 2-way power lumbar control, 2-position driver memory, adjustable head restraints, (D07) floor console, storage pockets and (K4C) Wireless charging.
1LZ - Included with (ZYD) High Desert Package. 
3LZ - 12-way power driver and front passenger seat adjuster including 4-way power lumbar instead of 2-way. (KA1) heated seat cushions and seat backs is not included. 

RPO sticker should tell you which seats it was born with (B3F or AN3)

My 2017 LT has leather bench with Bose. I had absolutely intended to add a console.. a month into ownership the bench grew on me to the point of keeping it as is...

I use the front floor space every day for something or other. I also use the lower lock box regularly.

I have a new2018 LTZ plus that’s got the jump seat... Bose, heated steering wheel, heated leather seats, nav, folding mirrors, parking sensors, pedal move, sliding back glass and the factory jump seat. My buddy has an LT and the key Fop is all black with no chrome on the sides of it.

The way I understand is you can only get the big stereo and the buttons on the steering wheel in the LT/ LTZ/ high county. So the chrome on the key fop would be LTZ/ HC if you have the 8” screen.

Edited by Superman_006