Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!
In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience.
This project took me about 2 hours total. Please see the attached PDF for more photos and project details. I also included links to where I purchased my supplies. I can't say thanks enough to Smoothbassman, his input gave me the confidence to tackle this project. I am really pleased with how it turned out.
Price update 10/24/19
Replacement Projector LED Headlight in Black Housing Clear Lens. Includes Hikari LED low beam upgrade wired and ready. Plug and play.
This is a $500 setup that is ready to go. I got rid of the truck so no need for these anymore.
-Direct Bolt On Replacement For Your Original Headlights, No Wiring or Any Other Modification Needed.
- DOT & SAE Approved.
This is plug and play with:
2015-2019 Chevy Suburban
2015-2019 Chevy Tahoe
Compatible on Models w/ Factory Halogen Headlights Only.
One headlight has a light scratch but if you took to a professional detailer they could likely sand it a little and buff it away to look new. The one picture shows it on what would be the passenger side just to the right of the ELLED band. No impact on lighting and with some professional polishing would probably just disappear.
If you’ve emailed us about custom BCM work in the past it was likely, that at the time we just simply couldn’t take it. These units take an immense amount of time to build just a single unit for one vehicle and in the case of the truck platforms there could literally be thousands of build combinations we would have to account AND the big one… TEST FOR. Even with our recent efficiency upgrades full custom units still require a ton of dedicated time and it was hard to price them at a rate that was appropriate but still palpable.
A few years ago we started compiling a list of the most common modifications we were getting requests for and we noticed a pattern; a lot of people were asking for variations of the same things. On top of that most customers seemed to be OK when asked if other certain features were included as well for a lower price point would they mind? The resounding answer was no they wouldn’t mind and when can we order it?
It’s taken a few years to get there; but we are finally here now.
Announcing our new WAMS Spec BCM programming!
WAMS Spec BCM’s include our most requested modifications in one convenient, easy to order package and at a significantly lower price point; all with our new proprietary plug and play method that ELIMINATES the required trip to a dealer (or a high end scan tool) for a brake pedal position relearn after reinstallation!
We think every K2 owner will really enjoy this but those of you with lighter content trucks are really going to love it.
So enough with the build up, here are the included features for this item:
· Remote Start Enabled (Customer will still need a remote start key fob to utilize it)
· Remote Start Cycle time extended to 20 minutes per cycle
· Factory Alarm/Theft Deterrent Added to base model trucks
· Factory Heated seat support added for trucks that don’t have it (wiring required obviously)
· Turn signal “Hyper Flash” Deleted
· Turn Signal Bulb Outage Detection Deleted
· Fog lamps remain on with High Beam
· Fog lamps no longer disable Intellibeam
· Fog lamps remain on with Intellibeam/Auto High Beam enabled (if equipped)
· Tap to pass (turn signal activation) bumped up from 3 to 4 flashes
· Windows down from key fob added (For 2014-2015)
· Windows down from key fob changed to Driver and Passenger front Windows only
· Window down from key fob changed to allow “Vent” setting (release key fob to stop window motion prior to complete lowering)
· Driver (and passenger on utilities) window UP from key fob (hold lock to raise). Express up windows are required to make this work and currently the K2 Pickups only have one on the driver’s side.
· Trucks with a 98MPH speed limiter the limiter is raised slightly to allow a stock truck (a Denali for example) to run a full quarter mile without hitting the speed limiter before the end of the quarter.
Here you can see our final beta test on a complete base 2016 LS I apologize for the vertical video was just really happy to finally get done with the last combination for testing!
Please also check out Phil Gamboa’s (@pgamboa) phenomenally detailed review here:
So in closing all of you who have been asking when it would be ready… It’s here LOL
Also BIG Thank you to everyone who participated in early alpha and beta testing this with us. In addition to purchasing several vehicles for this (the latest our 2018 Denali) we tested this on over 20 trucks/SUV’s of different build combinations before we were comfortable enough to start offering this to the public.
Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Most OnlineNewest Member
Who's Online 116 Members, 1 Anonymous, 2,519 Guests (See full list)
- Albert Garza
- Eight Lug Thug
- C/K Man
- Rich Reader
- Gmc fo life
- [email protected]
- james christy
- Joe Miera
- Rick Bush
- David Sookdeo
- Jeff S
- Steven B
- Nick McGee
- Maize & Blue
- 14 Silvy
- Ithan Henry
- Booger T
- Right Lane Transport, LLC
- DESERT DOG