LED Light Bar Installation Options

Just got 2019 Sierra Elevation. Looking at options to install a 20 or 22” LED light bar. Had one in my bumper opening on my 2012 2500 HD and found it indispensable for night time driving in the backwoods.  Has anyone installed one yet?  Share your pictures of your setup if you have. 

Thanks!

Edited by pcontant

• 5 months later...

After months of waiting for a company to make brackets or someone to share ideas on a led bar install, I finally installed one today.  (Auxbeam 22” Curved) I cut a hole in the lower bumper plastic, made simple brackets, wired a relay (with freewheeling diode) off the high beams and voilà!!! The Sierra lights are very poor, especially in high beam - the lights create a blacked out horizontal band that drives me crazy.  Not anymore. 

A4CD7472-73F8-444F-B9E5-76E5A4D662C0.jpeg

1B5B251D-9522-4771-937D-250CBF834A06.jpeg

• Like 2

18 hours ago, pcontant said:

After months of waiting for a company to make brackets or someone to share ideas on a led bar install, I finally installed one today.  (Auxbeam 22” Curved) I cut a hole in the lower bumper plastic, made simple brackets, wired a relay (with freewheeling diode) off the high beams and voilà!!! The Sierra lights are very poor, especially in high beam - the lights create a blacked out horizontal band that drives me crazy.  Not anymore. 

Where did you wire your switch for this light bar? Or is it ran off your high beams? 

Edited by jordanl010

I'm going with a Rigid Industries SAE compliant 20 or 30 inch.

1.15 inches tall.  higher end setup...

https://www.rigidindustries.com/sr-series-20-dual-function-sae-auxilary-high-beam-driving-lights-920413.html

otherwise.... i would wait and let the market mature and catch up....  still lots of manufactures designing 2019 specific systems...

here's one for chevy that's very clean...

https://www.roughcountry.com/chevy-led-grille-kit-70817c.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwtuLrBRAlEiwAPVcZBilzSWGsteTAICdb4PmgnQ7U1L2hXBulORJ01Zqml9CgUXUfN0cfJhoCLLgQAvD_BwE&find=2019-gmc-sierra-1500-4wd-381260&sid=TfQY3m53yw

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 9/7/2019 at 10:04 PM, pcontant said:

Any chance you have some photos of the brackets you made and where you mounted them too?  This looks to me like the best place for a light bar on these trucks but nervous about cutting into the bumper...

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/26/2020 at 3:00 PM, Guyat4 said:

Did you have to remove the plastic piece that was cut out to mount the light? Or can I cut out with it on the truck. I have a 2020 GMC At4 and would like to mount the same light as you did.

Thanks!

I cut the opening without removing anything.  Worked out well!

• 2 years later...