Posted (edited)

Hello,

I have a 2018 Silverado, around 11000 miles on it. Driving the other day, lost power around 35 mph, pulled into a parking lot, re started the truck and checked to make sure I was in 2wd etc. Began driving again, toward home due to something being wrong and same issue occurred including check engine light. Had vehicle towed Friday night when it happened, at dealer now which isn't open until tomorrow. Has anyone experienced anything similar? 

Edited by DelawareJake

Sorry about your luck man.. Any message in the  DIC?  Your going to have to wait and see what the dealer finds.. You really need codes for a starting point.. 

No, it just stinks waiting three days for the dealer to hopefully fit the truck in. 

Thank you! 

Did you ever figure out what was causing this?

Yes, apparently it was a broken "input shaft", and they had to replace gears 4,5,6. I'm still unsure of what could cause this to happen at 11,000 on a truck I baby. They were also unable to tell me what could have caused this. I just worry that this will happen again in the future.

Cars and Trucks are mechanical. Anything mechanical can fail.

Chalk it up to bad luck of the draw.

Good news is, you're under warranty :thumbs:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Adramer
      Currently in the process of trouble shooting a p0304 code. Ruled out a bad coil pack by hooking an ohm meter to it and also swapping cylinder 2 & 4 to see if the the Mis fire would follow. Replaced spark plugs, plug wires, and put a can of sea-foam in the intake. Not hearing any abnormal sounds coming from the engine while running. Just a steady misfire on 4. I’m thinking it is a bad injector. Anyone else experience something similar, and to also see if anyone yet has tackled changing the injectors on the new models. Thank you 
    • By ryanm33
      Last night I found my passenger side carpet saturated with water in my 2015 Silverado 1500. I lifted the carpet up and found the underlay soaked and a pool of water in the floor pan. After searching the internet I found this is a common problem with many potential sources. The shark fin antenna, leaking seams behind the front fender, through the firewall, and from under the cowl by the windshield wipers. I don’t think mine is coming from the radio antenna or from behind the fender as it is running straight down the firewall from behind the glove compartments. It is raining steady here today and my truck has not moved and it is a steady stream running from behind the glove box. Does anyone have pictures or a better description of where I should be looking on the firewall or under the wiper cowl?
    • By justavila
      Hey Guys,

I have this transmission that I found in my backyard of my landlords house and was wondering if you guys could tell me anything about it! Thanks. 

It also says M97 on the side and GM 14 stamped!

• By green.joel2
      Hello all,

This is my first post on this forum.  Last year I bought a 2009 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext cab LT with a 5.3l V8 that is Flexfuel capable.  Well, I never intended to use flex fuel, but last week, I did so on the spur of the moment.  We drove about 3/4 of the tank gone.  Then as I was pulling up to the gas station to refill before going out of town for work, my truck's idle began dropping and feeling like it is about to stall out at idle.  This happens whether park is engaged or not.  I filled up, put some seafoam in my tank and drove about 1.5 hours to work.  It continued to idle like this all throughout the trip and even later when I went out and sat at idle while on my break.  What could be the problem? I can't imagine that an engine that is meant for flex fuel could get that messed up by it.  A side note: we had the transmission rebuilt in January, just in case that makes a different.  It has only been a few weeks since last oil change.  All fluids were checked and filled up at that time and have been checked a couple of times since.
    • By Vindicta_Mihi
      Just wanted to post on here, as I have seen no less than a thousand posts with questions about the 6L80E, specifically about the power threshold of a stock unit. I have a 2014 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab Standard Bed stock 3.42 gears stock drive shaft stock 20" rims/tires 6.2L fully forged top/bottom end "Armageddon Twin Nagasaki's" (GT3582R's) e-boost 2 gauge Z06/LT4 fuel system 365lph in-tank Armageddon fuel pump QTP exhaust cut-outs and laid down 965rwhp/850 rwtq on a mustang dyno with 18psi on 116 race fuel (cut-outs open). I say all of this because the stock transmission detonated the 4-5-6 shaft (intermediate hub) near the splines. I took it to a "race shop" that said they would upgrade as much as they could; and was told at the time, there were limited aftermarket parts available for the 6L80E. This was mid 2018 with less than 10K miles on the truck and about 500 miles on the engine/turbo build and I discovered that was not entirely true. I drove the truck after their work,  with "spirited road driving" while the roads were wet no less. Long story short; they f'd me and I detonated the 4-5-6 stock intermediate shaft again within 100 miles and no traction at all. They apparently replaced all parts that were broken with stock parts! Moving on, I took my truck to a different shop and researched my a** off and found PATC Transmissions. I had a warm and fuzzy after speaking with them and ordered the Phoenix Level 4 Master Rebuild kit among a few other minor accoutrements and re-tuning of my TCM by Mike from Century Automotive. It is now APR 2019 and I am about 1 1/2 weeks away from having the my billet planetary gear mailed to me; for the new, more reputable shop in my area to install all of this PATC bada**ery. If anyone is truly interested, I will post new info once I put the new Phoenix Master Rebuild kit through the ringer with the full weight/horsepower/torque of my particular application...I hope this helps if there are some lost souls out there that may be headed down the same long. hard. road. of a "full send" like myself! Please post if you have questions/comments/concerns; as I have "been there done that and forgot the t-shirt" with the L86/6L80E so far.