In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  

I am currently looking for a mechanic/shop that will fully delete a 2017 Chevrolet 2500HD (L5P), hopefully around the Mississippi/ Louisiana area. Any help will be greatly appreciated.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dozerboy said:

Leave it stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1

It’s too much trouble and for the gains it’s not worth it I mean there’s no return on investment like the previous engines. And has anybody had any real issues so far with the factory set up...other than spilling some DEF fluid under the hood.

Edited by EXSlider400

I'd like to find a good shop to do a delete on my '15 LML somewhere near Augusta, GA. I don't have many miles on it but every time I take it in to the dealer for an oil change I see at least one sitting in a bay with the cab lifted off of the chassis because the DEF system is screwed.

If you have not yet had any issues you have nothing to worry about.  The most troublesome years were 2011, 12, and 13.  Things got a bit better in 14 and 15.  The biggest issue?  People not driving the truck at highway speeds for the full time amount needed for a proper DPF regen. 

Im not having any issues but my warranty is up and better fuel mileage and more HP are what i am looking for. Im not saying I am rich but i am not worried about the $$

To quote Mottballa74 from the link you posted EXSlider400, "Some people say its not worth the money but for the power these trucks make vs what it will cost to make an LML comparable to an L5P I've read it is almost the same or more to make an LML comparable to a deleted L5P." 

I researched and know what I want but I don't know anyone around the area that can install it.  I work all over the country and I am currently in Mississippi and I don't know any reputable diesel mechanics other than a google search but I'm looking for a vouch if possible. 

:sigh: 8k for a delete.... I'd just drive it & leave er' stock

• Like 1

Deleted my 15 LML last month and I wished I would have done it right after buying the truck. Besides sounding 10x better it feels like a new truck from not being choked down. I did a kit from Dales superstore with autotune, DSP5 switch, EGR delete (not block), 4" exhaust no muffler. Right now on the tune 1 im averaging 20-21mpg around town. I haven't had any long drivers on the interstate yet to test. 

With that being said my buddies L5P is already getting that fuel mileage stock. Other than sound I dont see alot of reason to delete an L5P yet.