Need some insight/opions on the damage to my truck.

14 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

So, for all of the Captain Obvious Crew out there who want to preach the virtues of doing their maintenance, feel free, but I do not have the time or desire to do it myself.

I don't know you but I know youre not to busy to maintain your vehicle.  Nobody is that busy.  Don't have the desire????  Then get some self discipline and buck up and go spend 30 minutes changing the oil 

Just look what happens when you trust in others to do something youre plenty capable of doing

30 minutes ago, Jacoby said:

I don't know you but I know youre not to busy to maintain your vehicle.  Nobody is that busy.  Don't have the desire????  Then get some self discipline and buck up and go spend 30 minutes changing the oil 

Just look what happens when you trust in others to do something youre plenty capable of doing

I did say chime in, and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

So, any thoughts on what the exposed wire loom could be?

Edited by JimCost2014

Jacoby, different people have different abilities, tools, workspaces and time availabilities. I’ve done my own work for years and years. But, I take my truck to the tire shop for tire work. When it’s due for a rotation, they do it, they also rebalance them at that time. I’ve even (gasp) used the dealership’s six free oil change coupons.

You may not have the equipment on hand to do your own alignments or rebuild your transmission either, I certainly do not. We all compromise here and there.

- I wonder if the damage claim will show up in VIN searches as “frame damage”. If so, you may see decreased resale value down the road. Hopefully it does not. 

1Slow1500 is spot on in regards to ensuring that the insurance claim is comprehensive. I would definitely start with an estimate from the dealer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darksky said:

Jacoby, different people have different abilities, tools, workspaces and time availabilities. I’ve done my own work for years and years. But, I take my truck to the tire shop for tire work. When it’s due for a rotation, they do it, they also rebalance them at that time. I’ve even (gasp) used the dealership’s six free oil change coupons.

You may not have the equipment on hand to do your own alignments or rebuild your transmission either, I certainly do not. We all compromise here and there.

- I wonder if the damage claim will show up in VIN searches as “frame damage”. If so, you may see decreased resale value down the road. Hopefully it does not. 

1Slow1500 is spot on in regards to ensuring that the insurance claim is comprehensive. I would definitely start with an estimate from the dealer.

Have not opened a claim yet, nor have I turned it in to my insurance.

I have been dealing with this lot since 1998, know the owner and his son well, even worked there at one time.

That is why I am hoping they fix it right, doubt if they will turn anything in on their end either.

Thanks for sticking up for me (I do have the tools and the ability, just not time) had some choice things to say, but was trying to PC about my response.

3 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

No no no. I would ask for his insurance info and call that company and rep. You dont need your insurance involved unless there is something not covered or they refuse. You are ZERO at fault.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Not a bad idea, I have had a "butt full" of the service advisor at this point.

He is making it out as this is something I did. Truck was perfect when I arrived there, now this horsecrap.

Not a bad idea, I have had a "butt full" of the service advisor at this point.

He is making it out as this is something I did. Truck was perfect when I arrived there, now this horsecrap.
The moment the service advisor started to give me the run around I would of asked for a manager and asked for the insurance info.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

22 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Oh God damn it.

They did it, not you! Whatever the damage, its theirs to pay!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using CRAPatalk

Aint God's fault, no need to cuss Him out. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I would look into the state law on this but most the time they must have insurance and can not refuse to let speak or have there information. If the insurance company states why will not cover it at least you get it in writing and then can call your insurance and then your insurance can choose to go after the company or there insurance.
Also look at BBB it6a joke but it would count as a claim and the request for a insurance investigation would be more feasible option. Lastly the state attorney general if I'm saying this right deals with companies liability,licensing, and bonding.

Should be a non issue. Without knowing what the dealership is going to do it’s hard to really comment. It should be fixed, documented anything related down the road repaired by them. As far as do it yourself. I have 5 vehicles my new ones go to the dealership, my toys mostly myself. Nothing wrong either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

23 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Have not opened a claim yet, nor have I turned it in to my insurance.

I have been dealing with this lot since 1998, know the owner and his son well, even worked there at one time.

That is why I am hoping they fix it right, doubt if they will turn anything in on their end either.

Thanks for sticking up for me (I do have the tools and the ability, just not time) had some choice things to say, but was trying to PC about my response.

I must agree with the rational, level headed consensus here. If you know the owner then forget dealing with the BS from the service manager, deal with the owner directly. I would want some type of warranty from the repair that was done. Luckily it only fell off a small lift that was what, a foot off the ground? Looks mainly cosmetic to me but I would have them replace the wiring harness on both ends; it looks like it was pulled and/or stretched and that could have torn or damaged some of the wire insulation or broken the connectors. When was this and/or how long has it been since it happened? Seems like the longer they drag stuff out the less leverage you have somehow. 

On 2019-07-16 at 12:35 PM, Jacoby said:

Most people are capable. But many people make enough money to pay someone to do it for them, or work too many hours to want to spend their free time wrenching. Opportunity cost it is called. Is it worth you spending 4 hours doing a job that takes a mechanic 1 hour, or is it wiser to work 4 hours and earn $150 to pay the mechanic $100? Personally, I work 70+hrs a week, so the little free time I have I try to use for relaxation with the family and chores. Vehicles happen to be a passion of mine, and a income stream, so I enjoy working on them but the same cant be said for everyone. I have a friend that is an accountant that doesn't do his own taxes, I know cleaners that barely clean their own homes, I know mechanics driving rust buckets, I know landscapers with long grass etc. Time is life's most valuable resource, not money. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I would look into the state law on this but most the time they must have insurance and can not refuse to let speak or have there information. If the insurance company states why will not cover it at least you get it in writing and then can call your insurance and then your insurance can choose to go after the company or there insurance.
Also look at BBB it6a joke but it would count as a claim and the request for a insurance investigation would be more feasible option. Lastly the state attorney general if I'm saying this right deals with companies liability,licensing, and bonding.

The stealership isn’t even considering turning this into their insurance... why would they? to raise their already outrageous premiums. they just fix their F ups and move on. every automotive business I ever worked for was and still is this way. otherwise none of them could afford to be in business paying premiums...