Looking for a good phone mount

I just can't get into the cupholder ones.  They look like they hold a phone real well, but I'm already down one cupholder from my 2017.  And I take a coffee and a water with me every morning - 2 cups.  The door cupholders are annoying to use.  Plus the phone is way down there, I need it on the dash so I'm not looking to far away from the road.  Maybe in a console setup it might work, but not bench seat.

19 hours ago, scdaren said:

I just can't get into the cupholder ones.  They look like they hold a phone real well, but I'm already down one cupholder from my 2017.  And I take a coffee and a water with me every morning - 2 cups.  The door cupholders are annoying to use.  Plus the phone is way down there, I need it on the dash so I'm not looking to far away from the road.  Maybe in a console setup it might work, but not bench seat.

Those are all valid points. 

I just installed mine yesterday. 

So, time will tell. Its very sturdy though.

• 2 months later...
On 7/22/2019 at 7:30 PM, scdaren said:

Not into vent ones, especially right now when it's 110 degrees out. Cupholder ones take up a cupholder... And am already down one on my bench seat config because of the new shoulder seatbelt strap on the middle seat. 

Looking for one positioned at or near the top of the dash to the side of the steering wheel. Mine now is positioned perfectly, just keeps falling off. 

E625B4FA-6385-48BB-AA46-378B51560BA4.jpeg

On 7/22/2019 at 7:30 PM, scdaren said:

Not into vent ones, especially right now when it's 110 degrees out. Cupholder ones take up a cupholder... And am already down one on my bench seat config because of the new shoulder seatbelt strap on the middle seat. 

Looking for one positioned at or near the top of the dash to the side of the steering wheel. Mine now is positioned perfectly, just keeps falling off. 

E625B4FA-6385-48BB-AA46-378B51560BA4.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2019 at 4:15 PM, mbaee said:

Pictures attached as promised.  I like this position because it it within easy reach for Google Maps and Spotify and I can easily plug my phone into the radio for Android Auto or (my preference) a quick charger in the 12V socket.  I primarily use the Android Auto app on the phone screen so I can use the quick charger.

I used some left over computer fan screws I had laying around (link below), but any basic screw should work.  I drilled pilot holes so the screws wouldn't crack the plastic.  I also had to take the dash panel apart (same as installing the auto start/stop eliminator) because the filler panel wasn't fully locked into the clips on the back and it pushed in.  Once I made sure the clips were fully seated it was solid.

Fan screws: https://www.amazon.com/Computer-Cooling-Mount-Screws-Pack/dp/B01LLKY3GO?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_1

IMG_20190723_181049_rotated.jpg

IMG_20190723_181103_rotated.jpg

How do you get that cover off? Which bezel do you need to pry? My truck is only a week old but was thinking I’d doing something similar. 

My Jeep Wrangler that I bought back in 2012 has a PanaVise mount that screws to the dash behind the panel. I have just emailed the company asking if one I found on their site would work for my 2020 AT4 because on the site they say it works for the 2018 Sierra/Silverado's. I will post here when I get the answer. These metal mounts work amazing and will hold various cell phone mounts because of all the different mount holes. They're about $33.00....

Marc

751101707.jpg

751101614.jpg

Edited by dali555
Better Image

9 hours ago, mandrewbot3k said:

How do you get that cover off? Which bezel do you need to pry? My truck is only a week old but was thinking I’d doing something similar. 

The outer bezel around the screen with the buttons and controls comes off.  Same process to install the auto stop/start eliminator, which I also have.  There's a thread on here somewhere.  Here's their Youtube install video if it helps.  If you don't have the full front console, it will be similar.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/collections/autostop-eliminators-for-gm-vehicles/products/2019-silverado-sierra-autostop-eliminator

https://youtu.be/eQ5h3n-290o