GM Rear Sliding Window Recall

I took it to the dealer and Chevy will cover everything.    They are replacing the window and the recalled part, inside, which caused the fire.  
Is the recall going all the way back to 2014? I thought some guys said their trucks were not included.
What a fiasco this recall/non recall turned into.
Glad your gets fixed it's a b.s. deal in the first place.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On my 2016, It was under the hood towards the center of fuses and relays. It was an unusual fuse (not sure what its called) that had a clear plastic cover on top with IIRC, a red body and was 30 amps??? The top of the fuse box was a bit difficult to get off but once figuring out how it came off, it was a bit easier to do.

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

Panel under the hood.
#10 rear window defroster
#36 heated mirror
Double check. There's a diagram on the backside of the cover

Thank you, 

I have the sliding rear window with defrost. I rarely use or need either. I might kill all the power to the window for peace of mind. 

Thank you, 

I have the sliding rear window with defrost. I rarely use or need either. I might kill all the power to the window for peace of mind. 

Just pull the fuse for the defroster. There is nothing wrong with the window itself just the contact tabs for the defroster when the window is shut. That's the parts they replace with something thicker I understand.

On 9/11/2019 at 11:31 AM, SierraHD17 said:

Rear defrost is virtually useless... I have mirrors and could not care less about the back window. Every truck I have had for the last 10 or 15 years has rear defrost and I never turn it on.   I do like my slider and if the fix is a solid pane I am just killing the defrost and never getting the recall lol.  

You must not live somewhere cold? Mine is used heavily

On 2/24/2020 at 12:21 PM, dieselfan1 said:

Just pull the fuse for the defroster. There is nothing wrong with the window itself just the contact tabs for the defroster when the window is shut. That's the parts they replace with something thicker I understand.

Does this eliminate the defrost on the mirrors as well?

On 2/19/2020 at 10:30 AM, dieselfan1 said:

Is the recall going all the way back to 2014? I thought some guys said their trucks were not included.
What a fiasco this recall/non recall turned into.
Glad your gets fixed it's a b.s. deal in the first place.

2014 here, got the recall notice last week.