2020 HD picture Thread

it seems considerably stronger than the 6.0 that was in my 18 . i tow a 24' enclosed car hauler that weighs about 9000 pounds loaded, so its not real heavy. i'am pleased with it so far but i only have about 100 miles on it with the trailer. i haven't payed close attention to the mileage yet but it is better than the 6.0 was. the 3:73 gears are ok but i think the 4:10's would bring the motor alive but with a 6 sp. would probably hurt the mileage too much for some guys .  so far the motor is super smooth and i'am definitely pleased with it.     

the next step is to get the tpms in the trailer wheels and the 2 accessory cameras on and in the trailer.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jd64 said:

it seems considerably stronger than the 6.0 that was in my 18 . i tow a 24' enclosed car hauler that weighs about 9000 pounds loaded, so its not real heavy. i'am pleased with it so far but i only have about 100 miles on it with the trailer. i haven't payed close attention to the mileage yet but it is better than the 6.0 was. the 3:73 gears are ok but i think the 4:10's would bring the motor alive but with a 6 sp. would probably hurt the mileage too much for some guys .  so far the motor is super smooth and i'am definitely pleased with it.     

the next step is to get the tpms in the trailer wheels and the 2 accessory cameras on and in the trailer.

Good to hear.  I also need to get the sensors in the trailer tires.  Are you getting the accessory camera’s from GM or somewhere else?  I’d like to get a couple as well.

On a side note, if anyone is taking aftermarket wheels with sensors from their previous truck, the sensors have changed.  The new style are $34.00 a piece from GM.

i'am going to get the GM accessory cameras, don't know if it matters  but i feel better with GM parts that were originally designed to work with the system they designed. i'am planning on ordering them from the link posted in another thread on this site. they seem to have the best price.  

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 6:19 PM, BB&Chiveon said:

what level kit?

I dont know... the delaer gave me the original torsion keys and added 1" blocks in the rear.   It drives nice.  Call Dennis Dillion accessory shop and ask for paul.. he can tell you what kit they use.  

On 8/31/2019 at 10:18 PM, jd64 said:

I had my dealer sell them to me for $50 since that was the price when ordering the truck, they wanted $150 at the dealer.  He had to order them so all I have right now is a We Owe 

30 minutes ago, powerhaulic said:

Fresh wax, vent visors, and exhaust tip done.

Also installed the tonneau after the pic was taken

20190901_160615.jpg

nice looking truck !!  where did you get the vent visors? i haven't seen any 2020's in the aftermarket and i checked with my dealer 2 weeks back and he said they werent available yet?  

• CRApex changed the title to 2020 HD picture Thread

New to the forum, so I'll start by saying hello and I look forward to learning all I can about the 2020 trucks.  I picked up a 3500hd ltz Duramax on August 8th and already have 3000 miles on it.  I've done about 1000 miles of towing with it already and it is a beast.  I went from a 2016 3500hd with the 6.0 and I'm just amazed how much less this truck works pulling the same load.  If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away since I already have about month behind the wheel.

20190808_100956.jpg

20190814_064755.jpg

• Like 6