2020 HD picture Thread

1 hour ago, falk1rk said:

Nope, his drop and lower just like the AMP steps do, straight up and down, no backward movement.

I did notice one other thing about the OEM steps, they are longer than the AMP steps.  The OEM steps start behind the front splash guard and end almost right at the back of the cab, the AMPs are a few inches shorter.

Thanks for the info. Too bad, though.  Those steps on the 1500 in the video are sweet.

Moving up in size. Traded in the 2019 GMC 1500 Denali for a new 2020 Chevy 2500HD High County a couple weeks ago. Couldn't pass up on the deals they are giving right now and what they're allowing on trades. Best move getting back into a HD. 

Old Truck:

1500.jpg

New Truck:

Window tint done first day. Waiting on Cognito 3" Performance Level and 35" Toyo MTs.(plans to do more after the winter months but I have a feeling that won't last long)

2500.jpg

Edited by burban81
  • Like 2

On 10/29/2020 at 7:51 AM, burban81 said:

New Truck:

Window tint done first day. Waiting on Cognito 3" Performance Level and 35" Toyo MTs.(plans to do more after the winter months but I have a feeling that won't last long)

I just did the Cognito Premier leveling kit, it rides great. Just bite the bullet and do 37's like I did!  haha

6 hours ago, gSwift said:

I just did the Cognito Premier leveling kit, it rides great. Just bite the bullet and do 37's like I did!  haha

Trust me it’s been on my brain if I’m making the right choice only going with the 35” tires. The only reason I’m leery of pulling the trigger for the 37” tires is I don’t want a but load of trimming that you’re always chasing since I was doing that on my 2019. How much rubbing/trimming on your setup?

2 hours ago, burban81 said:

Trust me it’s been on my brain if I’m making the right choice only going with the 35” tires. The only reason I’m leery of pulling the trigger for the 37” tires is I don’t want a but load of trimming that you’re always chasing since I was doing that on my 2019. How much rubbing/trimming on your setup?

Trimmed the liner and the mud flap and no more rubbing. The biggest thing on running the 37's with my stock wheels and the Cognito control arms was needing a spacer. I used a 1" spacer in order for the inside of the tire to clear the control arms. 

2 hours ago, gSwift said:

Trimmed the liner and the mud flap and no more rubbing. The biggest thing on running the 37's with my stock wheels and the Cognito control arms was needing a spacer. I used a 1" spacer in order for the inside of the tire to clear the control arms. 

Interesting. That’s not as bad as I would have thought for trimming. I’m getting everything installed on Thursday and I’m already thinking I’ll be disappointed. Might have to make a call today to see if they can get 37” tires in before then.

What brand spacers are you running on the front?

Edited by burban81

16 minutes ago, burban81 said:

Interesting. That’s not as bad as I would have thought for trimming. I’m getting everything installed on Thursday and I’m already thinking I’ll be disappointed. Might have to make a call today to see if they can get 37” tires in before then.

What brand spacers are you running on the front?

I went with a company called Venum, it's a 1" hubcentric spacer.  i looked at Bora spacers because i've heard of them for years, but they didn't have anything smaller than 1.5" and I knew I didn't need near that much to clear the control arms.

here is how i trimmed it

50552345996_7323d91090.jpg  50552345861_34af145a64.jpg

50552474292_5360e14b70_n.jpg   50552345031_3735fb2762_n.jpg

Color matched almost every that was black on the truck. Cognito 3" kit, tonneau cover, front/back black emblems. 35" Toyos Open Country. The rims are coming in this weekd2e82dec20b78934b8365dd339d12ad8.jpge2327c2ca703f891663c8156551ca24f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Looks good! You worried about the paint holding up on the textured pieces?

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk