Rear mats and underseat storage on LT Trail Boss

Can someone post some pictures of what it is supposed to look like under the rear seat of a LT Trail Boss.  Just got mine home from the dealer and not only are the z71 front mats missing, but the rear mat and underseat storage seems to be in dis-array.  Maybe that rear underseat storage bucket isn't compatible with the rear z71 TB all weather mats?   Mine is just floating around back there and it really doesn't seem to fit where it could be fastened down.

Probably going to be faster to post a photo of your truck and say is this normal etc.  Instead of having someone else go outside and take a photo to upload here for you. Also many dealers post photos of interior that might help. 

This is what I have.  I believe those front floor mats are stock and not what was supposed to some with LT Trail Boss, correct?  In the back, I think it might be the correct floor mat but the way it goes all the way to the back prevents the underseat storage from mounting.  In fact there is one screw and one carpet screw in it that would have to go through the mat for it to mount.  And it doesn't fit properly over the mat anyway.  Is the underseat storage wrong?  It is just incompatible with the mat?  Is there a different underseat box for the rear for this configuration on this truck?

18 hours ago, wacnstac said:

This is what I have.  I believe those front floor mats are stock and not what was supposed to some with LT Trail Boss, correct?  In the back, I think it might be the correct floor mat but the way it goes all the way to the back prevents the underseat storage from mounting.  In fact there is one screw and one carpet screw in it that would have to go through the mat for it to mount.  And it doesn't fit properly over the mat anyway.  Is the underseat storage wrong?  It is just incompatible with the mat?  Is there a different underseat box for the rear for this configuration on this truck?

You have to cut part of it off. Don’t need to cut much just cut enough that you can get the standoffs through for the organizer. I have to make the cuts on mine but my neighbors truck (exact same) came with his cut. I will see if I can get a picture of his. 

The back matts have to be trimmed when you add under-seat storage because in their factory state they come all the way up in the back with that rim that goes around the back.

If you flip the matts over you will see these pre-cut guides or grooves that you can take a utility knife to and easily cut them to fit. Seriously its almost impossible to mess it up if you flip them over.

I think there is even a little scissors symbol on the underside where the groove is that indicates what it is for.

Edited by nolte
  • Like 1

Mat position looks OK to me. Might not want to cut, that lip might be there to keep that POS carpeted unsecured bin from sliding forward in a hard stop.

I reinstalled the cheaper aftermarket from my '16 which fit just fine except for interference with the new location of the jack. Problem solved, unbolted the jack and bolted onto the bottom of the plastic bin .....fit just fine and the anchor brackets secure to the seat bolts just like in the '16. You can store a few hundred pounds of crap in it and it will remain in place in a sudden stop. Plus the high lip seals the entire bucket without the jack cutout so it is waterproof and can store snow covered boots or hold a few gallons of spilled liquid.   Might even serve to catch water leaking from the infamous rear window and keep the carpet/jute backing dry in the interim.

DSCN0804.JPG.b6156f545ed249b1994db12398b10dcb.JPGDSCN0805.JPG.ae8f255de1fd89570e8ebf421150cd91.JPG

You need to pop holes into the storage and remove the jack holder and move it to the inside of the storage. 
Do this. The underseat organizer in my truck does not budge, you can barely lift the front of it to slide part of the mat underneath.

Your front mats are wrong. Id be back at the dealer asking for the correct ones.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk