Bilstein 5100s are a HUGE upgrade!

I have been trying to find the 5100 series rear shocks for my AT4 and can't find them in stock anywhere.  Does anyone know where to find them? 

Part # 24-309516

Thanks

Had the front ones installed 2 days ago and am very happy. Like mentioned by others it just feels so much more planted than before and really makes a difference on the sharp bumps like pot holes and joint separations that like to appear around here when the frost sets in. They are a noticeable improvement from stock.

Can't wait till I can find the rears in stock somewhere and get them installed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 11:09 PM, wurgs said:

Had the front ones installed 2 days ago and am very happy. Like mentioned by others it just feels so much more planted than before and really makes a difference on the sharp bumps like pot holes and joint separations that like to appear around here when the frost sets in. They are a noticeable improvement from stock.

Can't wait till I can find the rears in stock somewhere and get them installed.

Did you use them to lift the front at all?  I’ve had the rears for about a year. Having the fronts installed next week, trying to decide on height. 

7 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

Did you use them to lift the front at all?  I’ve had the rears for about a year. Having the fronts installed next week, trying to decide on height. 

Mike,

I did raise it to the highest setting which kept the front about 1" lower than the rears. My truck was 2 1/4" higher in the rear originally which was more than I liked but didn't want it totally level because if hauling heavier weights I didn't want the rear to squat much. 

Are you happy with the rear set?

Edited by wurgs

40 minutes ago, wurgs said:

Mike,

I did raise it to the highest setting which kept the front about 1" lower than the rears. My truck was 2 1/4" higher in the rear originally which was more than I liked but didn't want it totally level because if hauling heavier weights I didn't want the rear to squat much. 

Are you happy with the rear set?

LOVE the rears. They made a huge difference by themselves. My rear is almost 2 inches higher than the front on the dot. I think I’m going to do a 1” lift in the front. I like like the look of a slight rake. 

Edited by Mike Borowski

I don't have any big complaints with my truck's adaptive ride shocks/ struts, but curious if anyone's swapped them out - did the High Country's on here come with them?  How do they compare?  

Not always. An alignment can be out in a number of ways that isn't readily noticeable by odd handling.

My truck's alignment isn't correct anymore at 61,000 miles but it seems to drive fine.  Insides of my front tires are wearing noticeably more than the rest of the tread.  Tires are at the end of their life so I'm just waiting to get it aligned when I do the lift and new tires this summer.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AJMBLAZER said:

Not always. An alignment can be out in a number of ways that isn't readily noticeable by odd handling.

My truck's alignment isn't correct anymore at 61,000 miles but it seems to drive fine.  Insides of my front tires are wearing noticeably more than the rest of the tread.  Tires are at the end of their life so I'm just waiting to get it aligned when I do the lift and new tires this summer.

If anyone is curious this is what an RST looks like with 5100’s set to 1”. The rear is about 24” from center cap to fender and front about 23.25”. 

Really happy with the 5100’s. Ride quality is much more stable, handling is tighter, no nose dive when braking, it looks better and I’m ready for bigger tires and new wheels soon. 

DEF40BA3-5B21-42DC-B1EF-BA560878E387.jpeg

• Like 1