Bilstein 5100s are a HUGE upgrade!

4 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

If anyone is curious this is what an RST looks like with 5100’s set to 1”. The rear is about 24” from center cap to fender and front about 23.25”. 

Really happy with the 5100’s. Ride quality is much more stable, handling is tighter, no nose dive when braking, it looks better and I’m ready for bigger tires and new wheels soon. 

DEF40BA3-5B21-42DC-B1EF-BA560878E387.jpeg

Looks great!

• Like 1

Guess I should have bought the rears last year when they were available. I wanted to wait till I could get front ones done and now I can't find the rears anywhere. I love the ride and the slight lift the front ones give. The couple places I contacted said they don't expect them to be in stock till end of May at the earliest.

What a bummer!

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2022 at 4:05 PM, Mike Borowski said:

Did you use them to lift the front at all?  I’ve had the rears for about a year. Having the fronts installed next week, trying to decide on height. 

Edited by jashaw

On 2/28/2022 at 5:45 PM, Mike Borowski said:

If anyone is curious this is what an RST looks like with 5100’s set to 1”. The rear is about 24” from center cap to fender and front about 23.25”. 

Really happy with the 5100’s. Ride quality is much more stable, handling is tighter, no nose dive when braking, it looks better and I’m ready for bigger tires and new wheels soon. 

DEF40BA3-5B21-42DC-B1EF-BA560878E387.jpeg

Did you need any other parts besides the 4 shocks?

Good news for those with the AT4 that are looking for the rear shocks, they are back in stock. Summit racing has them and just ordered mine from Bilsteinlifts.com as they were about $15 cheaper.

5 minutes ago, wurgs said:

Good news for those with the AT4 that are looking for the rear shocks, they are back in stock. Summit racing has them and just ordered mine from Bilsteinlifts.com as they were about $15 cheaper.

You’ll love them

Anyone have a rougher ride at highway speeds after installing these? Above 70mph, I’m getting notice or vibration. I did the 5100s (no lift initially) and had the fronts used to level truck out. Trying to figure out if it’s the shocks or the Falken Wildpeaks that’s making highway speeds annoying now 

6 minutes ago, Goobax said:

Anyone have a rougher ride at highway speeds after installing these? Above 70mph, I’m getting notice or vibration. I did the 5100s (no lift initially) and had the fronts used to level truck out. Trying to figure out if it’s the shocks or the Falken Wildpeaks that’s making highway speeds annoying now 

No, sorry. Mine are super smooth at any speed. 

41 minutes ago, Goobax said:

The shocks shouldn't introduce a vibration at higher speeds, thats much more likely a tire/balancing issue.   Ive had these  5100s on my truck for a while now with different wheels/tires and they  consistently deliver a great ride.   larger heavy tires are always harder to get balanced, I find that I always get some vibration after tire rotation that then subsides after a few hundred miles.   

1 hour ago, romclean1 said:

The shocks shouldn't introduce a vibration at higher speeds, thats much more likely a tire/balancing issue.   Ive had these  5100s on my truck for a while now with different wheels/tires and they  consistently deliver a great ride.   larger heavy tires are always harder to get balanced, I find that I always get some vibration after tire rotation that then subsides after a few hundred miles.   

thanks, I’m having it looked at now and seems you’re right it’s a balancing issue