Bilstein 5100s are a HUGE upgrade!

spacers compress the shock and makes them ride in a harsher part of the travel, it also reduces the available travel and reduces ride quality....you could buy a bilstein or eibach kit and use their spring to get you to 3.5/4 ... control arm could be binding if its stock too....bigger tires dont help either so just a matter of what your willing to compromise.....you basically scrap out the RC front portion of the kit....

anytime you adjust the suspension height you need alignment and if truck was bought used maybe not a bad idea anyway.....

I’m looking to get rid of the lower spacers. I hate the ranchos. I installed rear bilsteins and really liked the difference it made. I definitely want to do the fronts and get rid of both the spacers and those crappy ranchos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Thejet07 said:

I’m looking to get rid of the lower spacers. I hate the ranchos. I installed rear bilsteins and really liked the difference it made. I definitely want to do the fronts and get rid of both the spacers and those crappy ranchos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you would still need an alignment.  The suspension is being disassembled so a new alignment is needed.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 8:55 AM, ms6040 said:

Please post a photo once it's done! Are you doing anything with the tires?

Nothing on the tires but I did get them installed today and love it so far. We went with the 1.5 or #4 slot and it's sitting pretty nice I think... now what lol

IMG_4157.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, LakeAnna72 said:

Nothing on the tires but I did get them installed today and love it so far. We went with the 1.5 or #4 slot and it's sitting pretty nice I think... now what lol

IMG_4157.jpg

Looks good! Amazing what an 1" - 2" will do for looks. Any noticeable improvement in ride yet?

The truck is just firm enough and feels glued to the road so to speak. I had the standard bilsteins on my old 2002 and they where great also. 

Might have to look at some new tire options next...  The truck drives so much better now!! 

Edited by LakeAnna72

• 1 month later...

Hello.

I did Bilstein 5100 front and rear on my 2021 1500 RST Duramax....2" lift position front and I did a realignment and a steering recalibration at the dealership. The steering was 3 degrees off...I don't really know if that's a lot or no but I did it just to be safe. 

Put mine on while ago....AT4 5100s on standard elevation....1st clip with aftermarket front spring...2" block in back...bout 1" out of level but I have 2 more clip positions I can use (am fine with bit of rake)...aftermarket UCA and alignment....

20210510_192033.jpg

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 1:25 PM, RushTheBus_ said:

Just curious, how much did you guys have to pay in labor to get front, rear, or both done?

Mine was $400 in Costa Mesa CA.  Good for me since I haven't the ability to do myself.

I'm not interested in lifting or leveling mine, but I did notice how floaty the rear end is. Feels like the shocks are really, really soft in the rear, and am having a hard time figuring out if it's a defect or why GM would do that. Major motion going over large seams and bumps. So....it's a Rancho thing?

I have bilstein 5100 all around. 

Front 2 inch lift position. 

Rear I added a Rancho 1.5 inch lift kit that came with blocks, u-bolts and bump stops extenders. 

20210604_085247.jpg

Edited by OctavianCDA

On 6/4/2021 at 11:08 AM, OctavianCDA said:

2021 Silverado RST Duramax to Trail Boss build.....

20210604_085017.jpg

On 6/4/2021 at 11:10 AM, OctavianCDA said:

I have bilstein 5100 all around. 

Front 2 inch lift position. 

Rear I added a Rancho 1.5 inch lift kit that came with blocks, u-bolts and bump stops extenders. 

20210604_085247.jpg

Trail boss stickers on a non-trail boss? :wtf:

Tyler