Bilstein 5100s are a HUGE upgrade!

2 hours ago, beauso79 said:

Any changing out of the UCA's?

Nope, my wheel and tire setup doesn't come close, and the angles are good - perhaps a byproduct of starting with the GM kit.  my goal was to keep this truck as close to factory as possible, that perspective usually wears off after a few months !

• Like 1

2 hours ago, romclean1 said:

Nope, my wheel and tire setup doesn't come close, and the angles are good - perhaps a byproduct of starting with the GM kit.  my goal was to keep this truck as close to factory as possible, that perspective usually wears off after a few months !

also those wheels are 0 offset, and I put 6mm wheel spacers to get the wheel to clear the bump on the brakes. so those two things keep that tire a bit further away.  

This may sound like I dumb question but I fully believe in “getting it out there”

Regular Silverado Z71 with no rear block at all. But if I were to (1) add a 2” rear block or (2) add a 1” block and get another 1” from add-a-leaf... would that mean the 5100’s for the Trailboss would be the best to go with? Get the extra length? 

20 minutes ago, Duramax3oh said:

This may sound like I dumb question but I fully believe in “getting it out there”

Regular Silverado Z71 with no rear block at all. But if I were to (1) add a 2” rear block or (2) add a 1” block and get another 1” from add-a-leaf... would that mean the 5100’s for the Trailboss would be the best to go with? Get the extra length? 

Pretty much yup. 5100s for the trail boss are for levelled or 2” max lifted trucks so they’d work good for you

• Like 1

So it seems that if I have a 2019 LT TB, I can use the Billsteins to replace the Ranchos, and I can set the front to the 1.1" on the new shocks, which will add to the stock 2" lift, giving me a 3" lift in front with no need to replace UCA's?

And if I want to keep the factory rake, I assume I can have them swap out the 2" lift blocks on the rear and toss in 3" blocks?  That way I keep a little rake so when I load an ATV in the back or tow something, the rear doesn't squat like a dog dropping a deuce?

4 hours ago, SquireSCA said:

So it seems that if I have a 2019 LT TB, I can use the Billsteins to replace the Ranchos, and I can set the front to the 1.1" on the new shocks, which will add to the stock 2" lift, giving me a 3" lift in front with no need to replace UCA's?

And if I want to keep the factory rake, I assume I can have them swap out the 2" lift blocks on the rear and toss in 3" blocks?  That way I keep a little rake so when I load an ATV in the back or tow something, the rear doesn't squat like a dog dropping a deuce?

Pretty much.  I'm tempted to get these as well, but with a max of only 1.1" up front, I'd give up 0.4" I currently have with my 1.5" leveling kit.  My truck already has more rake than I want, not sure I want to make it worse.  I may just run the Bilsteins at stock height and reuse my leveling kit.

Edited by lapoolboy

10 hours ago, SquireSCA said:

So your level kit works differently than mine?  You would lose a little in the front, while mine would add the 1.1" to the 2" that I already have?

Do you have a leveling kit already installed on your TB lift?  If not, then yes, you can gain a maximum up front of 1.1" with the shocks.  I have a 1.5" leveling kit installed on my TB lift so I would lose nearly half and inch by going to the Bilsteins.

4 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

Do you have a leveling kit already installed on your TB lift?  If not, then yes, you can gain a maximum up front of 1.1" with the shocks.  I have a 1.5" leveling kit installed on my TB lift so I would lose nearly half and inch by going to the Bilsteins.

Mine is a bone stock 2019 LT TrailBoss, I haven't done anything other than wheel spacers and slightly larger off-road tires.

Update: Installed the new shocks yesterday afternoon and have put about 60 miles on them. They're a pretty nice upgrade. I don't think they're quite as unbelievable as I've seen in this thread, but still nice. I can't tell a different at all on the highway except on bridge transitions where the rear is definitely more planted. I've been over a couple of railroad crossings and they're very noticeable there. Overall I don't know that I would spend the money again but maybe I'll notice them more as I put more miles on them. 

• Like 2