Bilstein 5100s are a HUGE upgrade!

Took me longer to find the damn tools than it did to do install [emoji1787]. 21 MM wrench and socket.

Now I can feel all the bumps in the road with the front end, not the rear but it mostly improved large bumps, railroad tracks, etc.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Grall said:

Took me longer to find the damn tools than it did to do install emoji1787.png. 21 MM wrench and socket.

Now I can feel all the bumps in the road with the front end, not the rear but it mostly improved large bumps, railroad tracks, etc.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Do you need to lift the rear to do the install?

Has anyone installed these on a 2wd truck?  Iv searched and read as much as I can and everything seems to go back to 4x4 trucks. 

I want to put these or the Eibach on my 2wd 19' Elevation.

Thanks for any feedback in regards to the 2wd or Bilstein vs Eibach.

Thank you

5 hours ago, hertge said:

Does anyone know where I can find the rear 24-293471 in stock? I can’t find them anywhere. 

Returned a set of those a week ago, as they were the wrong ones for exchange from Bilsteinlifts.com. Haven't seen the correct ones as of yet.

-Grover67

6 hours ago, Elevated said:

Has anyone installed these on a 2wd truck?  Iv searched and read as much as I can and everything seems to go back to 4x4 trucks. 

I want to put these or the Eibach on my 2wd 19' Elevation.

Thanks for any feedback in regards to the 2wd or Bilstein vs Eibach.

Thank you

My truck is 2wd. No problems! 

• 1 month later...

I traded in a 2019 ZR2 for a 2019 High Country.  The ZR2 was hands down the best handling truck I have ever owned.  The High Country was the worst by far.  I have replaced  the 22s wheels with 18s.  That alone was a huge improvement.  Each corner lost 18# of pure unsprung weight.  Now I have ordered a set of Bilstein rear shocks.  Hopefully I can get this thing more reasonable.  I can hardly believe this truck was released from the same engineering department.  The S2000 is my backup autocross car.  

<<<< Added>>>>>

Note that I define good handling in a truck as it tracks just fine wile cornering when hitting bumps, potholes a large dips.  The rear suspension should never move side to side or shudder when hitting impacts like pot holes. This is the highspeed damping in the shock designer world. Wheel weight has a huge affect in this.  The more weight that has to get over the pot hole edge must be all controlled by the shock. The rear axle weight hurts these trucks.  The entire chassis should never give a floaty feed when hitting large dips at higher speeds.  This is defined as low speed damping to the shock engineers.  The ZR2 was simply amazing with all of this stuff.  $4000 shocks sure help.

20201108_104821 small.jpg

20201107_110735 small.jpg

Edited by Andy Whittle

Anyone put the ride height adjustable Bilsteins on a 6.2L?  Wondering if you have a before and after measurement to see how much it raised the front.  Heard it might not raise it as much a a 5.3L because of weight?  Just wondering if you can get by with putting these on instead of the 2" spacers for a leveling kit and gain the same rise to fit tire sizes that also fit a level.  

In my instance, this would be for a High Country

Edited by jddealer
spelling

I just took my 2" lift blocks out my truck and did the 5100.  They are way better and it kept the same height.  My engine is 463lbs(3.0 Duramax) and yours is 403lbs.  Don't do the blocks, I had them and it drives way better with these.  It will be more expensive but worth it

Edited by BurnsMax

1 hour ago, jddealer said:

Anyone put the ride height adjustable Bilsteins on a 6.2L?  Wondering if you have a before and after measurement to see how much it raised the front.  Heard it might not raise it as much a a 5.3L because of weight?  Just wondering if you can get by with putting these on instead of the 2" spacers for a leveling kit and gain the same rise to fit tire sizes that also fit a level.  

In my instance, this would be for a High Country

I did the adjustable 5100s on my 6.2, gain was about 1"  using the 1.1 setting.   I would not do the block, but it all depends on your preference, the Bilsteins improve overall ride performance for sure.   

594718024_ScreenShot2020-08-15at9_17_06PM.thumb.png.3b6812f77c8554c950e809b5b4d64edd.png.576954188ee406f2a5723d8a3204cc6d.png

• Like 1