Bilstein 5100s are a HUGE upgrade!

10 minutes ago, Lyons00 said:

Thank you so much!!

I would need floor jack than to install the bottom bolts?

Thanks, Jerry

The shocks come with straps on them that you leave until installed but they weren’t compressed enough. I couldn’t get enough strength to do it laying down, you might have better luck. 

8 minutes ago, Mike Borowski said:

The shocks come with straps on them that you leave until installed but they weren’t compressed enough. I couldn’t get enough strength to do it laying down, you might have better luck. 

Thanks, I'll have to get my son to help..lol

2 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

Can you tell me what size sockets I would need?

Thanks again

Ordered the rear shocks last night. I'm sure I will like them with all the positive reviews. The rear of the truck did always skip side to side on uneven pavement. 
Will post a review when I get them. Should compliment the front RC 2 inch leveling struts nice.  Would have bought the beilstein fronts. But at the time they weren't out yet. Will run the RC fronts for now. 

On 9/1/2020 at 11:17 AM, Tcolburntexas said:

They’re ALL Ranchos from the factory.  Trail Boss/AT4 trucks come with a slightly better Rancho that is a monotube design.  The 5100 rears will be a good improvement to reduce the back hop.  It’s still a truck though, never gonna ride like a minivan. 

So the with the AT4/Trailboss Ranchos there isn't much of a benefit changing them out compared with the other models with the factory Ranchos??

Anyone done it and what were your thoughts?

My AT4 seems to be riding better with the  more miles I put on it.

-Grover67

Edited by Grover67
add more content

1 hour ago, Grover67 said:

So the with the AT4/Trailboss Ranchos there isn't much of a benefit changing them out compared with the other models with the factory Ranchos??

Anyone done it and what were your thoughts?

My AT4 seems to be riding better with the  more miles I put on it.

-Grover67

I got tired of the 70's Caddy bounce of the Ranchos on my AT4. Especially when towing. Have done the backs, waiting on the fronts to come in.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, Hunter11 said:

I had a set of 5100's installed on my 19 GMC X31 this morning. Now the truck rides and drives like it should have from the factory. The "float" I had is gone. As the rest have said, just a better ride all around. I had mine installed at a local shop I use and they charged $225 to install the shocks and struts and did an alignment on it. Very happy with it now. 

What lift setting did you use?

I have the 20's and my X31 feels heavy footed, after about 30 minutes I might as well not have any shocks back there.

Now that the front has "broken in" it still stomps over small bumps and just moved too much.

I don't mind a cushy ride, but the stomping is annoying and ruins the "cushy" feel.

It the worst of both worlds, small bumps like it's set up for a track. And large bumps like theirs no shocks.

I love my 2500HD and although she is heavy footed she is on 35's. That's right my 2003 with 200k miles rides better than my 60k truck.

Said screw it and ordered kings from superlift. And 17's

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk