Bilstein 5100s are a HUGE upgrade!

2 hours ago, romclean1 said:

Install done, for sure an improvement.  Settles a bunch of the bunny hop tendencies and makes potholes more bearable.  Feels more planted on corners for sure.  The ultimate test for me is the highway road-to-bridge seam, on a curve.  That's usually where it feels a bit dicey.  set to 1.1 setting in the front and it's leveled out nicely.   Really happy with how this turned out, thinking about putting 35"s on these wheels now.

594718024_ScreenShot2020-08-15at9_17_06PM.thumb.png.3b6812f77c8554c950e809b5b4d64edd.png

I like the offset of that wheel, just the right amount of poke.

I think there is room to run 35’s if you decide to go that route. How are the Ridge Grapplers on the freeway? 

9 hours ago, CS25 said:

I like the offset of that wheel, just the right amount of poke.

I think there is room to run 35’s if you decide to go that route. How are the Ridge Grapplers on the freeway? 

I’m really happy with the grapplers on the highway,  noise factor is really low given their aggressive looking tread.  I’ve had people tell me they’ll start “howl” after 10k miles, but I think frequent rotation helps.   If I go to 35’s I was considering the Terra grappler, just because of weight and my belief that the bigger the tire the harder it is to balance.   Less aggressive pattern might be better.  

Thinking about adding these to my TB, however if the I add the ReadyLift SST 2” on top of the stock level. 

website says 0-1” lift, I don’t want to overextend the shock plus when I tow my 11k trailer I don’t want to blow them out. Any suggestions?

6 hours ago, Coles5515 said:

Thinking about adding these to my TB, however if the I add the ReadyLift SST 2” on top of the stock level. 

website says 0-1” lift, I don’t want to overextend the shock plus when I tow my 11k trailer I don’t want to blow them out. Any suggestions?

So that would raise to a total of 4”? You would definitely want an extended shock. Bilstein made a shock for 2”-5” lifts, but, for the ‘99-‘18. I’m sure a google search you would find the right ones. 

1 hour ago, CS25 said:

So that would raise to a total of 4”? You would definitely want an extended shock. Bilstein made a shock for 2”-5” lifts, but, for the ‘99-‘18. I’m sure a google search you would find the right ones. 

I figured so but what’s odd is when you type in all your vehicle info they give you a shock for 0-1” lift which is odd. Googling has become my friend lately with all the crap im doing to the new truck.

funny thing is I won’t actually take delivery for another week or so!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Coles5515 said:

I figured so but what’s odd is when you type in all your vehicle info they give you a shock for 0-1” lift which is odd. Googling has become my friend lately with all the crap im doing to the new truck.

funny thing is I won’t actually take delivery for another week or so!

Google becomes a very expensive accessory rabbit hole, that’s for sure. 

I’m sure you’ll find the right ones. Stock rides leaves a lot to be desired. 

Install done, for sure an improvement.  Settles a bunch of the bunny hop tendencies and makes potholes more bearable.  Feels more planted on corners for sure.  The ultimate test for me is the highway road-to-bridge seam, on a curve.  That's usually where it feels a bit dicey.  set to 1.1 setting in the front and it's leveled out nicely.   Really happy with how this turned out, thinking about putting 35"s on these wheels now.
594718024_ScreenShot2020-08-15at9_17_06PM.thumb.png.3b6812f77c8554c950e809b5b4d64edd.png

Truck looks like it has a little more than a leveling kit. Maybe it looks that way since you have a smaller tire?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Installed 1500’s in the rear today. Stock height. What. A. Difference!  I wasn’t sure what to expect but WOW!  It rides so much better now, I want to have the fronts done!  The back doesn’t hop around anymore. It drives like it should have stock!  Best $180 I could spend on this truck. 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

I'm going to install 5100's on the rear today.  Stock height, stock 18's, stock size tires.  I just need to get that rear end planted a little more, I hope it helps!

Let us know your thoughts when its done! 

Just now, CS25 said:

Let us know your thoughts when its done! 

HUGE difference. The rear is planted like it should be. The whole truck drives better. Sooo worth the cost. I want to do the fronts now but just the rears alone with stocks fronts are soooo much better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

HUGE difference. The rear is planted like it should be. The whole truck drives better. Sooo worth the cost. I want to do the fronts now but just the rears alone with stocks fronts are soooo much better. 

Seeing your reaction made me call to try to find the 5100s for my 2020 Silverado 1500 with the Duramax.  When/if I can find them I am going adjustable in the front to level it out.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cmp8254 said:

Seeing your reaction made me call to try to find the 5100s for my 2020 Silverado 1500 with the Duramax.  When/if I can find them I am going adjustable in the front to level it out.

I’m 100% happy with them!  It’s pretty rare I’m 100% happy with anything lol. 

Shouldn’t your 2020 use the same as mine unless it’s a TB?

Sooo what’s everyone doing with all these spare Rancho shocks sitting in their garage? Lol

Anyone having any luck selling them? Craigslist, FB Market Place, EBay?

Also, is it true that the TB has different UCAs installed from the factory to compensate for the 2” stock lift? That said, if you install the adjustable 5100’s up front can you get away with bumping them to the 1” mark without having angle issues but still eliminate some but not all of the rake?

I tow occasionally and I fear if I get rid of the rake entirely that the truck will sag when loaded or hauling. I’ve seen a few “leveled” trucks look like this. Also don’t want to have to deal with angle issues by lifting the front too high and having to swap the UCAs. 

Edited by childstoys

23 hours ago, leverett.scott said:

Truck looks like it has a little more than a leveling kit. Maybe it looks that way since you have a smaller tire?

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

agreed, I would like to move to a larger tire, but I’m really happy with these at the moment.  The 6mm spacer I had to use to clear the brakes gives them just enough poke to make them appear a larger.  It started out a high country and got the trailboss lift.  So really it’s a TB w/1.1” in the front - which after reading a zillion posts about level kits on the TB - seems like a reasonable level.  No crazy angle distortions. 

• Thanks 1