When will i need new torque converter/stall

Shut up, the last time you did mod was when you had to crank the blower by hand.

The last uninformed person that was stuck on displacement. Was admiring the taillights of my impala. He was driving a 396 impala. I was driving my 375 HP 327 impala. I thought people were informed these days. Maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

The last uninformed person that was stuck on displacement. Was admiring the taillights of my impala. He was driving a 396 impala. I was driving my 375 HP 327 impala. I thought people were informed these days. Maybe not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, at least we can agree on something..

1 hour ago, M1ck3y said:

Lol, its not that complicated... If you have a 6.2 and a 5.3 with the same cam, fuel, boost etc. Yeah, your not getting a huge difference between the two. But if you spec each engine with its ideal setup, there's a massive difference. There's no replacement for displacement. It will always make more power in any situation with any power adder. Am I saying the 5.3 cant make massive power, NO! As long as you keep the money flowing you can make any realistic power number you want. **** there's honda civics that run turbos bigger then its engine pushing 1000 horsepower or more.

But sadly for you this means you still have the smaller engine, and it will always make less power ?   

20 hours ago, M1ck3y said:

It's his money he can build his truck any way he wants.  Why come on here just to talk ****** about how somebody didn't build it right.  When you, don't have a build your self.  You say you like NA builds but don't have the funds.  Well maybe he didn't have the funds to buy a 6.2 at the time.  So he built a truck that would walk my cam and heads 6.2.

You want to keep it NA if you do build your truck right.  Well well if that isn't leave 200 HP on the table.  But lets be honest,  your not ever going to build your truck and that's ok.  But why tell somebody they needed to spend more money when you can't spend it your self.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JONBLARC7 said:

It's his money he can build his truck any way he wants.  Why come on here just to talk ****** about how somebody didn't build it right.  When you, don't have a build your self.  You say you like NA builds but don't have the funds.  Well maybe he didn't have the funds to buy a 6.2 at the time.  So he built a truck that would walk my cam and heads 6.2.

You want to keep it NA if you do build your truck right.  Well well if that isn't leave 200 HP on the table.  But lets be honest,  your not ever going to build your truck and that's ok.  But why tell somebody they needed to spend more money when you can't spend it your self.

lmao, you have no understanding of the situation whatsoever.

I'm not telling him how he should or shouldn't have built his truck.

1. I wanted to get under his skin

2. People seem to believe that displacement has no affect on power output.

P.S. Please read all posts on this page prior to starting up the 5.3 - 6.2 argument again.

I retract my opinion on displacement. I can think of one situation where this is possible with gm's 5.3 and 6.2. On a fully modded engine the 5.3 will always be able to rev higher then the 6.2. So if you can ring it out in the neighborhood of 7-8000 rpm you probably will surpass a 6.2's peak numbers. Assuming the 6.2 is also built for high rpm.

Or... you could re-sleeve a 5.3 and make it a 6.2 or larger. I have no idea what the difference is between the blocks, or what the maximum bore size is on either of them.

If there's more then a 40 hp difference between his truck and yours, you missed the boat. That and if you get rid of the those 35's? and put 32's on you'll probably free up 20-50 hp. Just so there's no confusion, I'm telling you how you should have built your truck.     

Edited by M1ck3y

1 hour ago, M1ck3y said:

lmao, you have no understanding of the situation whatsoever.

I'm not telling him how he should or shouldn't have built his truck.

1. I wanted to get under his skin

2. People seem to believe that displacement has no affect on power output.

P.S. Please read all posts on this page prior to starting up the 5.3 - 6.2 argument again.

I retract my opinion on displacement. I can think of one situation where this is possible with gm's 5.3 and 6.2. On a fully modded engine the 5.3 will always be able to rev higher then the 6.2. So if you can ring it out in the neighborhood of 7-8000 rpm you probably will surpass a 6.2's peak numbers. Assuming the 6.2 is also built for high rpm.

Or... you could re-sleeve a 5.3 and make it a 6.2 or larger. I have no idea what the difference is between the blocks, or what the maximum bore size is on either of them.

If there's more then a 40 hp difference between his truck and yours, you missed the boat. That and if you get rid of the those 35's? and put 32's on you'll probably free up 20-50 hp. Just so there's no confusion, I'm telling you how you should have built your truck.     

I'll never understand people like you.  Who just get off on being a dick to be a dick and hiding behind a keyboard makes it so much easier.  You still haven't posted up your truck to let us take a look.  I built my truck myself,  Heads, cam, DOD delete, shimmed the the HPFP, headers, E85 sensor, intake, wideband and I'm not to bad with HP tuner.  The only thing I didn't do is weld in the muffler.  Let us know how your build is going.  I'm waiting???????

But don't waste your time.  Have a good day.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

I'll never understand people like you.  Who just get off on being a dick to be a dick and hiding behind a keyboard makes it so much easier.  You still haven't posted up your truck to let us take a look.  I built my truck myself,  Heads, cam, DOD delete, shimmed the the HPFP, headers, E85 sensor, intake, wideband and I'm not to bad with HP tuner.  The only thing I didn't do is weld in the muffler.  Let us know how your build is going.  I'm waiting???????

But don't waste your time.  Have a good day.

Your a bright one aren't you. If you've read this whole post, and the other post where he started talking ******... and you don't get it, I don't think I'll be able to explain it to you in a way that you can understand.

My build? your waiting??????? I'm very impressed with your truck, and your skills, its really amazing. Pretty sure I stated I'm not posting a picture, I really don't care what you, or anyone else has to say. It's my truck, mine; I have nothing to prove. I don't have a ****ing clue who are other then you being some dick I can't understand.

Besides, when 1000hp electric vehicles start becoming the norm were all going to look pretty stupid.

5 hours ago, JONBLARC7 said:

I guess I got under your skin.

See it's not very fun.

Have a good day and enjoy your truck!!!!!

If stating fact is a sign of getting under someone's skin; then yeah, you sure got under mine.

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, TrkNrrs said:

And if you’re not worried about anyone else’s opinion... what in the hell makes you think someone gives a damn about your 2 cents? Especially when all you’re doing is talking out your stinky little doo doo puss...

I want to be mad, but you sound so stupid its hilarious ? And... I actually feel kind of sorry for you. I was annoyed at first but now I see why your chasing an ego boost.

1 hour ago, TrkNrrs said:

Clearly he doesn’t know ****** either, saying a 5.3 can rev higher than a 6.2 when they have the same stroke... ??‍♂️ He can’t build ****** so gets off on trying to ****** on everyone else’s.

Your right. I assumed it was the same bore with a shorter stroke. But honestly, if you had half a head and knew what you were talking about you wouldn't have started this whole ****** show.  

Clearly a few need to take a step back from the keyboard. If this show continues there will be repercussions.  Stay away from the attacks and name calling.

Carry on

Edited by txab
  • Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 2:57 PM, Erny415 said:

So I have heard that I should look into changing my torque converter or stall. Can someone help me better understand what that is and why I need to change it? Also, maybe some recommendations. They are telling me this because I just got the truck 2 weeks ago but hopefully by next month ill have Intake, Headers, E85 and a street tune. Can't justify a throttle body or intake manifold, change my mind? lol. But I am new to all of this and they are saying maybe a 3200 stall will be good? no clue. TIA!!! Also, can someone point me in the right direction for info on drive shafts and when I need one.

Increased stall helps get the motor to the fat part of the torque curve quicker. Targeting a stall speed roughly 500 below peak torque rpm will help 60 foot times. If you drag race. Torque multiplication happens at maximum slip and is minimum at lockup rpm. A high stall can help alleviate bog that happens from a lack of torque in high duration or large overlap cams at low rpm by launching above that point. 

In a street vehicle it creates heat. Allot of heat and it slows throttle response in everyday driving. It eats more fuel and requires tuning of both the ECM and the TCM. A ATF cooler is a must. A large one. 

That said in applications that have lock up systems some of this can be avoided. Talk to Circle D or PATC rather than the internet forum crowd.