Infotainment System Rebooting

Anyone else having their infotainment system rebooting frequently?   I have the 2020 Silverado 2500 HD High Country.   It's fairly random unfortunately.  Some days it will reboot 3 or 4 times, other days not at all.  We just took a 600 mile trip after the dealer installed a small software update and it only rebooted once the entire trip.  We brought it in to the dealer today for the larger software update, and it rebooted on the way home.   Now we have to bring it back in so they can contact Chevrolet and see what they want to do about it.  

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

You're not alone... If you do a search for infotainment, i'm pretty sure you'll find at least 2 or 3 threads on this. I haven't followed the thread though so I can't tell you if anyone has found a guaranteed fix yet, but i can tell you that its happened twice to me in 3 months. I'm sure if would do it way more if i daily drove the truck.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 8:13 AM, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

They swapped out the radio after four trips to the dealership and a nudge by Chevy.  Hasn't happened since, yet.  It was really sporadic and random so we will see if this actually corrected the issue or it simply hasn't happened again yet.

FYI - happened again yesterday, first time since new radio, I give up!

• 1 month later...

Taking my 2020 Silverado into the shop for a look at this today. In my case, it seems to be tied to the nav. When the navigation display is up, it will predictably begin rebooting in about 25 minutes. Then it reboots literally every minute. If in the middle of this reboot loop, I switch to the audio display, the reboot cycle stops and everything is fine. As soon as I switch back to the nav screen, it begins the 1-minute reboot cycling again. 

Last weekend, I just let it cycle for awhile, and eventually, the entire infotainment system locked up. When I restarted the truck, everything was fine for 25 minutes. 

This time I recorded video of the cycling (which also included the odometer reading, as I'm at 33k) and sent it to the dealer. We'll see what happens, but I don't hold out much hope.

Roorider

• 1 year later...
On 8/20/2020 at 10:49 PM, mdbourque said:

Anyone else having their infotainment system rebooting frequently?   I have the 2020 Silverado 2500 HD High Country.   It's fairly random unfortunately.  Some days it will reboot 3 or 4 times, other days not at all.  We just took a 600 mile trip after the dealer installed a small software update and it only rebooted once the entire trip.  We brought it in to the dealer today for the larger software update, and it rebooted on the way home.   Now we have to bring it back in so they can contact Chevrolet and see what they want to do about it.  

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same issue.

I have a 2020 Silverado z71 with the same issue. So far, I have been to the dealers twice, and the first time they installed a software update, and I made it home without issue, but the next morning I had only gone a few hundred feet and the issue was back. Then it became a daily happening. go a few miles, Black screen with a Big yellow X, the instructions want you to trace your fingers on the X 3 times and it will write a log file into a USB drive. But there is no USB drive found. I inserted a USB drive, it claimed to have successfully written the file, but there was no file there. So, this past Friday I was back in the dealership, and the error happened three times on my way there. They couldn't duplicate the issue. I left the dealership, and before I had gone a hundred feet, there it was again. So turned around, and went back to the dealership, and by then it had rebooted, and they couldn't duplicate it. Frustration has begun to set in as my warranty expired shortly after the first visit. only 12,800 miles on this truck.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:09 AM, Roorider said:

Taking my 2020 Silverado into the shop for a look at this today. In my case, it seems to be tied to the nav. When the navigation display is up, it will predictably begin rebooting in about 25 minutes. Then it reboots literally every minute. If in the middle of this reboot loop, I switch to the audio display, the reboot cycle stops and everything is fine. As soon as I switch back to the nav screen, it begins the 1-minute reboot cycling again. 

Last weekend, I just let it cycle for awhile, and eventually, the entire infotainment system locked up. When I restarted the truck, everything was fine for 25 minutes. 

This time I recorded video of the cycling (which also included the odometer reading, as I'm at 33k) and sent it to the dealer. We'll see what happens, but I don't hold out much hope.

Roorider

Is this still okay?  My truck has been doing this since I got it over 2 years ago and all the radio fixes did nothing.  And it does have the plow package like in the GM bulletin that was issued

On 7/13/2022 at 4:21 PM, CT Chevy Connoisseur said:

Is this still okay?  My truck has been doing this since I got it over 2 years ago and all the radio fixes did nothing.  And it does have the plow package like in the GM bulletin that was issued

This is certainly not what we like to hear, CT Chevy Connoisseur.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Silverado 2500HD 4x4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: CT Chevy Connoisseur/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

54 minutes ago, GMCustomerService said:

This is certainly not what we like to hear, CT Chevy Connoisseur.  Please know, customer satisfaction is extremely important to us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into the concerns with your 2020 Silverado 2500HD 4x4. To do so, please send an email to [email protected] with ATTN: CT Chevy Connoisseur/GM Trucks in the subject line.

Please include your contact information, VIN, a brief description of your concern, and the name of your preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM’s privacy policy, please visit https://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Privacy Statement | General Motors
Your privacy is important to General Motors. This Privacy Statement addresses the personal information GM collects and how GM handles that personal information.
www.gm.com

I have gone this route already, they did updates and they replaced the entire head unit.  Nothing has kept this from happening.  Between this and the brakes squelling at 12k miles not good.