No change with this for me, still having issues, still no cable at dealer. Its been adding to the symptoms if anything. Its really frustrating to lose the radio and display but losing the backup cam, flashing errors on the display and it simply going black for 30 secs to days? I can't believe this passed QA testing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Truck was left at dealer for 2 days, replaced cable and did 2 recalls (alternator cable check and brake system),. drove it home and it worked. Got a call from GM customer care, offered me 6 months XM for free for my inconvenience so I asked they hold off more than a few hours to make sure it works before we throw out free XM (which I think you can still get for under $5 if you call and say you are cancelling the service) as a gift for my troubles

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay, was out of town for work. Touch screen locked up again, was fine for a little while and then got the service rear camera error message in R, lost guide markers and then everything started working again. Going to call dealer and see what they want to do this time. I'd think by now they would want me to go away and do whatever it takes to make that happen

• 3 weeks later...

Did a drop in at the dealer, truck was just sitting in the back of garage. I asked what was going on with it and was told waiting on the GM engineer to take a look at it. When I asked when that might be, considering its been there for 14 days at this point, I was told they had no idea of what his schedule is or when he might make it around to look into it.  

• Sad 1

On 2/19/2020 at 7:16 AM, tommy2wheels said:

Did a drop in at the dealer, truck was just sitting in the back of garage. I asked what was going on with it and was told waiting on the GM engineer to take a look at it. When I asked when that might be, considering its been there for 14 days at this point, I was told they had no idea of what his schedule is or when he might make it around to look into it.  

Well I would demand the most expensive vehicle on thevlotbas my loaner. no exceptions

While I dont have a TB I have a 19 LT with the exact same problems right now, mine blacked out while driving. Now mine has been intermittent, and they were not extended periods of black out but it's been occurring. The more frequent of the issues are the screen not responding to any touchscreen commands. Just frozen. And the most annoying glitch is when recieving a phone call and after answering the call, it still rings. Has any had any resolutions on this?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2020-custom trailboss 

Bought truck on feb 14; new. 280 miles in. 

Feb 16 system crashed while connected with apple play/ Waze app running. 

Feb 18 system crashed twice. Approx 9 am

And 11am. Both time apple play and waze app running. 

Wondered if the problem was the waze app. Started running only Apple Map

App. No problem until Friday feb 21. 

Feb 21 - 6:45 pm. Turn on truck with remote start. Get into truck, infotainment screen is black. Turn off Truck and Back on, screen still black. Tried same few times no change. Drive back home park for 15 min. Turn truck back on and it is working

Waiting for dealer To give a loaner so I can drop the truck to get looked at. 

has anyone had the problem finally fixed?

Edited by Agustin Blanco

2020-custom trailboss 

Bought truck on feb 14; new. 280 miles in. 

Feb 16 system crashed while connected with apple play/ Waze app running. 

Feb 18 system crashed twice. Approx 9 am

And 11am. Both time apple play and waze app running. 

Wondered if the problem was the waze app. Started running only Apple Map

App. No problem until Friday feb 21. 

Feb 21 - 6:45 pm. Turn on truck with remote start. Get into truck, infotainment screen is black. Turn off Truck and Back on, screen still black. Tried same few times no change. Drive back home park for 15 min. Turn truck back on and it is working

Waiting for dealer To give a loaner so I can drop the truck to get looked at. 

has anyone had the problem finally fixed?

So my tech had mine all day yesterday. And he believes it's the OnStar module. He brought me in and showed me the schematics and the radio, guage cluster, screen, phone interface etc... are all intertwined through the OnStar module. So when we use GPS through the phone, the signal is stronger through the truck attena so they basically are conflicting with each other causing a glitch, therefore causing a reboot or shutdown.

Not sure if this helps, or is the fix. But it made alot of sense after examining the schematics and conversing with the tech.

More to follow after its replaced

On 2/22/2020 at 8:57 AM, EagleRising said:

So my tech had mine all day yesterday. And he believes it's the OnStar module. He brought me in and showed me the schematics and the radio, guage cluster, screen, phone interface etc... are all intertwined through the OnStar module. So when we use GPS through the phone, the signal is stronger through the truck attena so they basically are conflicting with each other causing a glitch, therefore causing a reboot or shutdown.

Not sure if this helps, or is the fix. But it made alot of sense after examining the schematics and conversing with the tech.

More to follow after its replaced

I don't have onstar and mine will act up when nothing is connected to it or turned on. I also have yet to have an issue other than the backup camera while driving. Mine is always on start up, if it works, it will work until I turn it off. If there's an issue when I start it up, its not going to work the entire time I am driving and an undetermined amount of time after that, sometimes its 10-15 mins, sometimes its a few days later.