Planning to do first oil change to 2022 refresh Silverado, can anyone confirm the oil filter part number? I can't determine if the refresh are the same filter as the 22 limited models or not.  What brand filter and oil is recommended? Search results are giving me AC Delco PF63 and/or AC Delco PF66 and 0W-20 for oil.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Using the MyChevrolet website and going into parts for my VIN (22 refresh 5.3) shows PF63 as filter. Engine Oil as 0W20, both AC Delco. But I normally use Mobil1 oil (dexos 2 approved). Oil filters are usually ACdelco.

Edited by jaxcam02
  • Like 1

I am assuming you have a 5.3 or 6.2

For Oil, use 0w20 and just stay with name brand.

About every aftermarket filter will have better filtration than the ACDelco filters, but again go with what you are comfortable with and as long as you change your oil and filter regularly there shouldn't be an issue.

I prefer Castrol Full Syn with Titanium blah blah blah, and the FRAM Synthetic Filter.  Both have received top marks in truly independent testing, but again, just about any name brand oil and filter does fine as long as you change them both regularly. 

2 hours ago, RedLT said:

Planning to do first oil change to 2022 refresh Silverado, can anyone confirm the oil filter part number? I can't determine if the refresh are the same filter as the 22 limited models or not.  What brand filter and oil is recommended? Search results are giving me AC Delco PF63 and/or AC Delco PF66 and 0W-20 for oil.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Same filters as 19-22.  You need to know what engine you have and then when you do, the maint. section right in your owners manual will tell you all you need to know.  

• Thanks 1

To add to this, from my experience, Walmart has the best deals on the 5 qt jugs of oil, whatever brand you choose.  Normally, for me, it is 0w20 Mobil 1 5 qt jugs.  I get two, and just have some leftover for the next change.

2 hours ago, SteveCZ said:

To add to this, from my experience, Walmart has the best deals on the 5 qt jugs of oil, whatever brand you choose.  Normally, for me, it is 0w20 Mobil 1 5 qt jugs.  I get two, and just have some leftover for the next change.

Bingo.  Walmart is significantly cheaper than the auto parts stores around here with just about everything auto related.  Heck, even Rain-X for my windshield wiper fluid is $5 at the auto shop and $3 at Walmart.

For basic maintenance, Walmart for the win!

• 2 weeks later...