is there a way to perma-disable auto start/stop?

I hate it.  It's beyond annoying.  I get it, cleaner environment, etc etc but i end up turning it off every time i drive because it's a stupid, shakes the whole truck when it shuts off and starts up, and i'm sure all the useless starting after being off for 5 seconds costs more than just running it.  I don't want or need it for the 2k miles a year i drive this truck.

Is there a pattern/etc to disable it by default at start up?   I know some cars have a pattern like

key on

tap brake twice

press fog light

press button x

and it turns a feature off.

anything like that?

There’s not. GM didn’t build in a way for users to disable it. Besides pressing the button obviously. 

There is a company selling a little module that plugs in behind the button. It essentially “presses” the button for you when the truck starts, turning it off. I’m not sure who the company is or if it works on the Refreshed 22.5 and up trucks. I never cared about it enough to look into it. AS/S doesn’t bother me. 

Edited by Dirk13
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, briansol said:

$100 bucks might be worth it.   Taking apart the dash to get to it might not be.  Thanks for the info.  will stew on it for a bit.

whish there was a obd port hack or something else...

Any tuner can disable it but your paying for credits and the tuners time, plus a tune count on the compuer.

I’ve had the Range Pulsar installed for about a month and had one glitch that was either unrelated or was from a bad connection (unplugged and plugged the Pulsar). Otherwise it’s great. I’d seriously miss the throttle sensitivity if I removed it…..

my truck is a ‘19 with the 5.3 and 8 speed

Edited by DHBWA

On 1/10/2023 at 7:32 AM, 603Denali said:

Anyone have experience with these?  I have a 20 with the 6.2 and heard mixed reviews when these first came out.

I been using one since I bought my truck in June of 2021. I have had no issues and love it. Takes about 5 seconds to plug in and can remove when bringing to the dealer if you want to. 

I have been using the plug in module from Range Technologies on a 2019 5.3. It turns off DFM and the auto stop. I have had zero issues. If you do not want to turn off the DFM they do make one just for the autostop.