2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

I am getting some driveline lash, general transmission confusion clunks and smacks.

There is a rattle in the interior somewhere.

the lane departure warning works intermittently, gives me a message of "not available at this time"

going to wait on the clunk and the rattle before I mention it since I want to see if when the truck breaks in it will be any better.

the lane departure thing I will call onstar next time it happens

truck works great besides that, One thing I cant complain about is the quality of my paint!

Please don't wait!!!! I had my 2014 Silverado with the same Transmission problems from day one! let your service dept know. also your sales rep.

my service dept and sales told me to drive it for 1000 miles for that " braking period" it never went away.

at least let them know, this will help you in the future.

Just got a 2014 LTZ 2 days ago...when I drift with foot off the accelerator, at any speed going straight on smooth pavement, I'm getting an inconsistent knocking, clunking noise from the rear, probably the differential. It doesn't occur from downshifting of the tranny...I'm talking a consistent speed while drifiting, and then all of the sudden some knocks and clunking. I have no issues or noises while accelerating, just upon deceleration, at all speeds. Sometimes I hear it, sometimes I don't. I don't really feel anything in the seat...just the noise. I am pissed! I've captured the noise on my cell phone, just in case I get the "We don't hear anything" excuse from the dealership. The one noise lasted for 8 full seconds. It's going back soon for examination.

Think it could just be something simple rattling underneath? I'm not that lucky.

Edited by DrLev99

Just clicked over 3,200 miles today. I mentioned it in an earlier post, but now that I've driven over 3K, I'll bring it back up.

I'm not having any drivetrain problems. The truck drives like a dream. I do have the same annoyance problems others are mentioning. That includes the slidey seat cushion and intermittent lane departure and forward collision alert malfunctions (not available). That's it, so far. I'm fairly satisfied!

Now, I'm driving the thing on some business trips, to a hotel that valet parks. Every single valet picking it up or dropping it off comments about how nice the 2014 is! There hasn't been one that hasn't. It just reassures me that I made a good decision.

Still waiting to see another '14 on the road...

It's been 25 days, 1675 miles and six vehicles loaners and GM DOES NOT WANT TO FIX MY PROBLEM!!!!!

I was told by a GM field representative, that my transmission problem (downshift) is a issue that with time it will eventually go away!!! What a bunch of ........

and yes after just one attempt ( flashing/programming )

Basically GM will wait until my transmission breaks to do something. If they feel like it I guess.

DON'T GET ME WRONG. I LOVE MY TRUCK AND EVERYTHING ABOUT IT!!!

I'm very just very disappointed at what GM did. I was expecting at least a attempt to replace my transmission.

And of curse I still have a broken driver side seat, malfunctioning front and rear park assist and now a driver side seat that is rocking back and forth.

LEMON LEMON LEMON!!!!!!!

I will be seeking legal advise.

I would still buy a 2014 silverado because is by far a awesome truck.

Thank you GM.

Installed the part Monday on the seat. Per the Service Tech, it is an extra clip that goes on the cushion connecting it to the mechanism to stop side to side movement of the seat. I have only driven it twice since then but it has not moved since they installed it.

Happen to get a part number for this, so for people that are starting to experience this issue can just tell them that they need to look into this part number?

After an incoming Bluetooth call ended the screen stays on phone instead of going back to the radio, you have to hit the radio icon to get it back.

This is very annoying and hopefully will be fixed if/when they do a software update.

CCTiger,

That is great news! I am happy to hear that your dealership was able to resolve your concern with your seat moving.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Can someone find out if there is a report on this made for gm? My dealership won't fix my seat until this report come up.

Can someone find out if there is a report on this made for gm? My dealership won't fix my seat until this report come up.

Now that doesn't make much sense does it? They won't fix something just because they can't find a KNOWN ISSUE report on it? Who cares, if it is broke, fix it. It is called WARRANTY!

• Like 2

Now that doesn't make much sense does it? They won't fix something just because they can't find a KNOWN ISSUE report on it? Who cares, if it is broke, fix it. It is called WARRANTY!

That's what I said! I guess GM Corp. will be getting a call from me again!

Jennifer T on here with GM was extremely helpful for my seat issue and I heard from her, then they contacted the dealership to install a "new" part they came up with and it seems to have fixed my seat. I think they are trying very hard to address issues and could not have been better in terms of following up to see the issue was addressed and that I was satisfied.

• Like 1

Originally Posted by Agacmddj1

CCTiger,

That is great news! I am happy to hear that your dealership was able to resolve your concern with your seat moving.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Hey there,

I understand that you are still experiencing the vehicle issue with your seats moving. I have private messaged you regarding this concern.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Just took my truck in yesterday for my first oil change and tire rotation and found out one of the lug nuts wouldn't come off, also took it in because of the rear power sliding window regulator broke like i see so many in this post, have to wait for parts for window.

Has any one notice when your 5.3 motor goes from V4 to V8 you can hear a very faint squeak noise? When I first heard the noise I thought it might be an exhaust hanger but as I heard it several more times while starting to accelerate I noticed it was the changing from V4 to V8 mode.