2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

I also had the rear sliding window problem. It started off with a pop. The pop got worse and worse until it broke one of the pulleys and the window stuck open. I knew it was a problem and was going to break. I didn't want to take it in and them say well we can't find the problem. The dealership was very nice. They gave me another 2014 truck to drive for 2 days when they were waiting on parts and fixing it. Works great now! I still think this is a great truck and I hate to say bad things about it.

The same thing just happened to mine; fortunately the window was closed already when it broke. The dealership said the window parts are on backorder, so they will call me when the parts get in.

Sounds like it was built on May 5th.

That was just funny. Wonder how may folks figured it out?

Anyone, just a reminder to all, they build these truck 24x7 now. So there is no real "Friday" in the production line. But there are form time to time new workers and P.Oed workers. Pray for a happy group that built your truck.

That was just funny. Wonder how may folks figured it out?

Anyone, just a reminder to all, they build these truck 24x7 now. So there is no real "Friday" in the production line. But there are form time to time new workers and P.Oed workers. Pray for a happy group that built your truck.

I get it! Crew cabs are built in Mexico, mexicans celebrate cinco de mayo aka may 5th.

• Like 1

I have loved mine, and GM and my dealership have actively worked to address the seat issue on mine, and now have a part in that the dealer is putting on Friday. This vehicle, rides, drives and gets much better mileage than an Lexus SUV that was handed down to me - it is a very nice truck so far and I am very happy that GM is stepping up to help folks, it is very encouraging.

Did they get the part on? Fixed? What part?

Installed the part Monday on the seat. Per the Service Tech, it is an extra clip that goes on the cushion connecting it to the mechanism to stop side to side movement of the seat. I have only driven it twice since then but it has not moved since they installed it.

The same thing just happened to mine; fortunately the window was closed already when it broke. The dealership said the window parts are on backorder, so they will call me when the parts get in.

Yep. I got a message Friday stating the same thing. Parts on backorder, will call when they come in. It's closed, so no worries.

Update:

It's been 20 days since I originally took my 2014 silverado to service for a transmission downshift and knocking noise.

GM says " we are waiting on the service department to let us know how what is the next step"

My dealer " We are waiting on GM to approve a buy back"

Me " say what!!!!! "

Wish me luck.

Update:

It's been 20 days since I originally took my 2014 silverado to service for a transmission downshift and knocking noise.

GM says " we are waiting on the service department to let us know how what is the next step"

My dealer " We are waiting on GM to approve a buy back"

Me " say what!!!!! "

Wish me luck.

Good luck! Hope they do you right.

• Like 1

Buy back? This would be the second time I've read about this concerning the 2014, I know there's always going to be bugs to be worked out, but bad enough to justify a buy back?

On my case yes!! I have spend 50.000.00 on a brand new truck and I expect to have a brand new truck with ZERO problems.

after all its a Chevy that we speak of !!! Not a Dodge.

• Like 1

Installed the part Monday on the seat. Per the Service Tech, it is an extra clip that goes on the cushion connecting it to the mechanism to stop side to side movement of the seat. I have only driven it twice since then but it has not moved since they installed it.

CCTiger,

That is great news! I am happy to hear that your dealership was able to resolve your concern with your seat moving.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Anyone notice when they picked up their truck it was extremely quiet? Like it wasn't even running. Now we've got a motor that is alot louder. Almost a slight knocking.

Yep. I posted that early in the tread. Mine doesn't sound bad I just think it louder then when I first got it.

Edited by Silver Spaceship

I am getting some driveline lash, general transmission confusion clunks and smacks.

There is a rattle in the interior somewhere.

the lane departure warning works intermittently, gives me a message of "not available at this time"

going to wait on the clunk and the rattle before I mention it since I want to see if when the truck breaks in it will be any better.

the lane departure thing I will call onstar next time it happens

truck works great besides that, One thing I cant complain about is the quality of my paint!