2014+ owners having issues with their truck?

Thanks, That should help Tavio511 and his '14. Checking with my service mgr. now to see if just applies to '14s. And if he can find the one GMMan1303 was talking about for his '11.

When I get home, ill look at my dealer invoice and see what the mechanic wrote down.

Ask and you shall receive

PI1029: Upshift Clunk, Firm Downshifts - (Aug 2, 2013)

I just drop it of at the dealer 5 minutes ago!

Wish me luck.

Subject: Upshift Clunk, Firm Downshifts

999999995.gif Models: 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Equipped with 5.3L Engine (RPO L83) and 6L80 Automatic

Transmission (RPO MYC) Built Prior to July 3, 2013

Condition/Concern

Some customers may comment on upshifts that clunk when the driver lifts off

the accelerator pedal at the beginning of the shift or about firm downshifts at

lower engine speeds.

Recommendation/Instructions

3575804.giftif.gif

A revised calibration has been developed to address this concern. Update the

engine control module (ECM) and the transmission control module (TCM) using the

Service Programming System (SPS) (select ECM/TCM Sequential Programming) with

the latest software available on TIS2WEB. Refer to the Service Programming

System (SPS) procedures in SI.

When using a Multiple Diagnostic Interface (MDI) for reprogramming, ensure

that it is updated with the latest software version.

During programming, the battery voltage must be maintained within the proper

range of 12-15 volts. Only use the approved Midtronics® PSC 550 Battery

Maintainer (SPS Programming Support Tool EL-49642) or equivalent during

programming.

I do not want to be negative but I must agree. With all the complaints on the 900s with 6sp/5.3 you would think they get it right this time. Hopefully for the pilgrims taking the arrows on the '14s, most trks will be fine.

• Like 1

I do not want to be negative but I must agree. With all the complaints on the 900s with 6sp/5.3 you would think they get it right this time. Hopefully for the pilgrims taking the arrows on the '14s, most trks will be fine.

I have test drove six 2014 chevy silverados with different trim options, they all have a slightly downshift in them but nothing like my hard downshift on my own truck.

I'm pretty sure I got a lemon! they have programmed the transmission twice already and the problem is getting worse.

too bad because I really love this truck.

I have test drove six 2014 chevy silverados with different trim options, they all have a slightly downshift in them but nothing like my hard downshift on my own truck.

I'm pretty sure I got a lemon! they have programmed the transmission twice already and the problem is getting worse.

too bad because I really love this truck.

Do how does one start the process under lemon law?

Do how does one start the process under lemon law?

What is the Lemon Law?

The Washington State Motor Vehicle “Lemon Law” is designed to help new vehicle owners who have continuing problems with warranty repairs of substantial defects. Among other consumer benefits, the law allows the owner to request an arbitration hearing of Lemon Law disputes with manufacturers through the Attorney General’s Office.

Your Rights Under the Lemon Law

Notice of Consumer Rights, Warranties and Warranty Terms: The dealer must provide you with a Notice of Consumer Rights supplied by the Attorney General’s Office when you purchase or lease a new motor vehicle. The manufacturer must warranty a new vehicle for a minimum of 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever occurs first. The manufacturer must provide the dealer with an owner’s manual to give to you along with the applicable written warranties.

Repair Orders: a dealer must provide you with a repair order or written statement every time your vehicle is returned to you from warranty service. The repair order or written statement must be legible and include your complaint, diagnosis of the problem, all work performed, parts and labor, the date and odometer reading, when you left the vehicle and the date when the vehicle is made available to you.

Technical Service Bulletins: You are entitled to copies of technical service bulletins regarding the year, make and model of your vehicle upon request to the manufacturer or dealer. Service bulletins describe particular problems or defects including how to diagnose and repair them.

What is a Lemon?

The law covers most classes of new motor vehicles, including “demonstrators,” which were originally purchased or leased by a consumer in Washington. If you are in the military and assigned or living in Washington, you can use the Washington Lemon Law no matter where your vehicle was purchased or leased if it meets the other standards and eligibility requirements. The law does not cover trucks with gross vehicle weight ratings over 19,000 lbs, motorcycles with engine displacements of less than 750 cubic centimeters or vehicles purchased or leased by a business as part of a fleet of 10 or more. You do not have to be the original owner to request arbitration - call for more information if your ‘used’ vehicle had less than 24,000 miles when you purchased or leased it.

Your vehicle may qualify as a “lemon” if it has one or more substantial defects that have been subject to a “reasonable number of attempts” to diagnose or repair the problem(s) under the manufacturer’s warranty. Substantial defects are those which are life threatening, create a risk of fire or explosion or which substantially impair the vehicle’s reliability, resale value or safe use. The law does not cover problems caused by owner abuse or negligence, or any unauthorized modifications or alterations made to the vehicle.

What is a Reasonable Number of Repair Attempts?

A “reasonable number of attempts” for most eligible vehicles when one or more of the following have occurred:

1. Diagnosis or repair of the same “serious safety defect” has been attempted two* or more times (with at least one during the “eligibility period”) and the defect continues to exist;

2. Diagnosis or repair of the same “nonconformity” has been attempted four* or more times (with at least one during the “warranty period”) and the defect continues to exist;

3. A vehicle has been out-of-service for diagnosis or repair of one or more nonconformities or serious safety defects (whether or not repaired) for a cumulative total of 30* calendar days, with at least 15* of those days occurring during the “warranty period.”

4. Within a twelve-month period, two or more different serious safety defects, each of which have been subject to diagnosis or repair one or more times, where at least one attempt for each serious safety defect occurs during the period of coverage of the applicable manufacturer's written warranty and within the eligibility period.

Originally Posted by NatekI also had the rear sliding window problem. It started off with a pop. The pop got worse and worse until it broke one of the pulleys and the window stuck open. I knew it was a problem and was going to break. I didn't want to take it in and them say well we can't find the problem. The dealership was very nice. They gave me another 2014 truck to drive for 2 days when they were waiting on parts and fixing it. Works great now! I still think this is a great truck and I hate to say bad things about it.

Natek,

I am so happy to hear that your vehicle concern was resolved and that you are pleased about your experience at the dealership. Thank you for being a loyal GM Customer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

For those that have an iPhone:

Have you noticed that when your iPhone is paired to the car, your phone has no external sounds? For example text message or email alerts, etc are not sounding on my phone when it's connected through the Bluetooth. Phone is not on silent and the moment I turn the car off, the normal sounds are back. I've done all the usual things, restart phone, re-Pair the device, etc....

The phone is pushing sound to the radio but the radio has to be in the media stage. Try pushing the media button an see if that works... Tried it with my voicemail in my email and that how I got it to work.

While the alert sounds go off through the speakers when you are on the Media stage, any other stage (FM, AM, HD, Sat) no sounds come from the phone. Very annoying.