HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

So despite having an led's powered by a seperate relay harness kit I broke down and installed the Morimoto Elite hid kit today, 35w ballast and 5500k bulbs, have to admit they are what everyone in the forum claims...needless to say I am suitably impressed!

Further to that I like the five year warranty too.

Who has the best price on this kit? And is there any extra relays ineed to get? 2015 gmc sierra

• Like 1

Who has the best price on this kit? And is there any extra relays ineed to get? 2015 gmc sierra

As per the start of this thread, go online to The Retrofit Source, you can see the recommended kit that those who have installed have been talking about, you can select by vehicle.

• Like 1

I am sure this has been addressed...but looking to add HID. While shopping around some sites have the option to buy the relay harness to power by the battery. Some say no need to use as can use the light wiring already from the factory. So do I need the relay harness or just the bulbs and ballast? Thanks

So question. Just had the Morimoto HID's installed by a local audio/lighting shop. Even though I gave them the complete kit with the HD relays, they said I don't need the relays and didn't install them. My lights seem to be working fine (although it's daylight so I haven't really been able to test them) but will the lack of relays cause problems and I should hook them up or will it work ok without them? Seems like I could add them pretty quickly myself if I have too.

Ok, disregard my last two posts. Everything is working fine and these lights are AWESOME. This is what these trucks should have had stock from the beginning. I would love to hear GM's excuses for why they let them enter production the way they did.

• Like 1

Just finished the bracket kit for the need Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0. This is the kit guys. Amazing projector and drop in install from the rear. The performance many are saying beats the FXR. Here is a link to the directions on how the retrofit goes:

http://www.fastheadlights.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=buy_d2s4_sierra_kit

No more excuses for crappy OEM headlight performance. Lol. Anybody can do this conversion now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Just finished the bracket kit for the need Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0. This is the kit guys. Amazing projector and drop in install from the rear. The performance many are saying beats the FXR. Here is a link to the directions on how the retrofit goes:

http://www.fastheadlights.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=buy_d2s4_sierra_kit

No more excuses for crappy OEM headlight performance. Lol. Anybody can do this conversion now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I just saw these yesterday on their website. Looks like I'm going to have to find another set of headlights now.

….does anyone know if the extended dust caps for the Silverado are still available? I see them for sale on Shapeways and messaged the seller but haven’t heard back in over a week. I completed a D2S 4.0 projector swap a few weeks ago and am currently running D2H bulbs so everything will fit under the stock caps (plenty of room with D2H bulbs) but would like to switch to OSRAM D2S bulbs which will require extended caps so everything will fit.

I am sure this has been addressed...but looking to add HID. While shopping around some sites have the option to buy the relay harness to power by the battery. Some say no need to use as can use the light wiring already from the factory. So do I need the relay harness or just the bulbs and ballast? Thanks

Relays with good wire are essential in keeping the voltage up. The pwm scheme kills the voltage which can kill your ballast.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

stand alone is always better . On all My vehicles for last 10 yrs I have always run the harness/relay set up. I would suggest though having a bag in vehicle with an extra fuse,relay , bulb and ballast. Just good insurance.

• Like 2

I have a DDM Tuning kit in my truck. Just their back kit should work fine. However, I would highly recommend the auxiliary wiring harness. HID's draw more power at startup and can cause problems with the factory wiring. I've been installing HID kits this way for 10 years and never had a problem. For $10 it's it's worth it not to fry your factory wiring and honestly it's the right way to do it...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Ok sounds good, I understand that.

My only question is I have just the standard stock reflectors, no projectors at all. I just have no idea where to get the housing to house the projectors/hids.. all the ones on ebay look like trash, so I need a whole new set of OEM projectors before I can start the HID process

After putting in led they are starting to fade. I ordered HID kit from The retrofit source. After a couple of days with no shipping info. I contacted them. Well they are on back order. Would have been nice to know that before I ordered them. So anyone thinking about ordering for sierra may want to wait until they have them.