This. Service manager said tires have a 12 month/ 12k mile warranty. He did say if one is out of spec he may be able to prorate it. He definitely wants me to be happy he's just trying not to over stretch his bounds

That said, they tried to pull the same thing on me. I took mine to a tire store that I purchased tires from before and they balanced them for free! Then I took it back to the dealer saying that tires have been re-balanced. Dealer then proceeded to continue diagnosing... GM field engineer, PICO scope, two new tires, no improvement. Second dealer, two more brand new tires, GM regional rep, GM field engineer and two Goodyear engineers from Ohio. Match mounted and all tires balanced within 5lbs or less. Decent improvement. Not the best outcome, but wasting anymore time of my life I knew it was going to get ugly past this point.

ok, then you are definitely past the new tire warranty based upon the tread depth. Prorated may be an ok option, but if you have been bringing the truck in since before you were out of the tire warranty, it would be on GM for not doing the balancing/ changing the tires prior to the warranty being up.

ok, then you are definitely past the new tire warranty based upon the tread depth. Prorated may be an ok option, but if you have been bringing the truck in since before you were out of the tire warranty, it would be on GM for not doing the balancing/ changing the tires prior to the warranty being up.

I didn't really notice it till 15k miles and have been pretty busy at work and things are sort of slow right now which is why I have time for it now. Sucks to be busy but that's what pays the bills!

I didn't really notice it till 15k miles and have been pretty busy at work and things are sort of slow right now which is why I have time for it now. Sucks to be busy but that's what pays the bills!

if thats the case, you are in all likelihood past the new tire warranty from your first time bringing your truck in. Prorated is likely your best bet at this point, but I tend to doubt its the tires. It doesnt really seem to have fixed many trucks.

if thats the case, you are in all likelihood past the new tire warranty from your first time bringing your truck in. Prorated is likely your best bet at this point, but I tend to doubt its the tires. It doesnt really seem to have fixed many trucks.

Exactly. When I go in there to pick it up I'm telling my service writer I'm not paying for the balance until I test it with the service manager and I give the okay

Drop off for attempt #3 tomorrow. Hopefully they wont fuss too long and waste everyones time. Not sure to wait for a 2016 and hope they are better or try more 2015s

Don't hold your breath too long... The vibration will still be there but the new cab mounts (rumor?) will make them less noticeable.

Dealer told me vibes were below GM specs but match mounted and road forced my factory tires on their own dime. They have about 2500 miles on them. Moderate improvement. Went back to les schwab told them about the vibrations I feel in my after market setup. 18" racelines with 10 ply toyo at 2's all tires road force at 10 lbs or below 2 of them are only 7 lbs. but the vibration is definitely worse with the after market setup. Les Schwab is known for their exemplary customer service. Manager pulled out the rim catalogue and said choose another set of wheels and we'll give them a try. Didn't drive the truck just took my word about the vibes. New wheels with same toyo tires will be on tomorrow we shall see what that does for the vibes. Switching from racelines to fuels. I'm hoping the improvement that was made by match mounting the factory setup can be further improved with a good quality after market wheel.

Don't hold your breath too long... The vibration will still be there but the new cab mounts (rumor?) will make them less noticeable.

I am not afraid of a buyback trade sadly enough, we have about 8 guys at work with 2014 and 2015 sierras and silverados and only me and one other had vibes...... their are plenty of 4x4 CC Ocean Blues in the area to test. Ill even to to Ohio to get the right truck.

And i have stopped maybe 20 people at Home Depot or grocery stores and no one has any idea about the issue "glass smooth"

After this visit ill call the lemon law lawyer give GM the final attempt and be done

Edited by afireinside7444

I am not afraid of a buyback trade sadly enough, we have about 8 guys at work with 2014 and 2015 sierras and silverados and only me and one other had vibes...... their are plenty of 4x4 CC Ocean Blues in the area to test. Ill even to to Ohio to get the right truck.

And i have stopped maybe 20 people at Home Depot or grocery stores and no one has any idea about the issue "glass smooth"

After this visit ill call the lemon law lawyer give GM the final attempt and be done

We will give you the "Buckeye" discount.... +15% over invoice!
  • Like 1

Well I do have some good news. Talked to my service writer and he said the shop will cover the cost of the RF balance even though it's out of warranty because they had damaged my truck last time it was there (they pulled dent and painted it which is one of the reasons it went back to the shop). I have a 900 mile round trip this weekend so we'll definitely find out if it solved anything (my bet is no)