Today I was driving down the highway when all of the sudden my radio froze up. It was on XM at the time so I tried to switch it to iPod or regular radio and it wouldn't let me do anything. I pulled to the side of the road and turned off my truck and opened the door thinking that it would reset the radio and go back to normal but even with the truck off and door open the screen still stayed in its frozen state. I then sat there and waited for about 5 minutes and the screen finally went off so i restarted my truck and guess what...the screen is black and doesn't come on at all. Let the truck sit for a few hours and it is still in the same state. Not only is the screen black but none of the buttons around it are lit, as you can see in the attached picture. Everything in this truck must be linked to the my link screen because now my backup camera, phone bluetooth, and voice commands all do not work. Also, when I put my blinkers on they do not make the clicking sound and when i turn my engine off the interior leds no longer come on. Also, when the key is in and the door is open it no longer chimes. I will try to call the dealership tomorrow and get an appointment on Friday but can someone please tell me what is going on?? Did I mention that my truck is not even 3 months old yet and only has 4,000 miles. Please Help!

post-127776-0-45283500-1397097837_thumb.jpg

No I did not try that yet. Was going to try in morning. I forgot to say that the light for on star on my mirror is now red instead of green and that doesn't work either.

Did you try disconnecting the battery for a while, to see if it will reset it? It sounds, dead, but worth a try

I'd start with this :fingersx:. Hopefully it works but to me it sounds like this may be a dealer repair

Disconnect the (-)negative terminal for 2 mins or more. Reconnect and see what happens. I've seen this in the Caddy line a couple times, it may have to be switched out. GM new design problems..

I was searching for a thread on this topic yesterday, similar happened to me but not as bad. Driving yesterday my mylink screen just blanked out. Radio kept playing and I didn't try to do anything else before it came back, but this is the second time it has done this. It was out for maybe a minute (longer than the first time), but just popped back on. It was light outside so I didn't notice if any of the other lights went out. In my case, the entire unit was replaced when they "fixed" the ring lights around my radio knobs a month or so ago, don't know if it could be related.

I just disconnected the negative battery terminal and reconnected it and everything now works. I still want to know why it did that though so may still bring it in tomorrow

Be careful doing this. You are delaying a repair that is under warranty right now. Next time it happens, you could be beyond 36k & footing the bill when it does not reset.

It's what the dealer would probably do anyway - at least the first time.

No the dealer will not, as I said there is a active TSB out for the radio module locking up. Take it to the dealer and they will reflash the HMI module to correct the issue.

Or don't listen to me and delay the issue and deal with it, up to you.

No the dealer will not, as I said there is a active TSB out for the radio module locking up. Take it to the dealer and they will reflash the HMI module to correct the issue.

Or don't listen to me and delay the issue and deal with it, up to you.

I had that one done, my screen would come up blank but would reset itself after shutting down the vehicle for 5 min. Appears to me that the OP's issue is different to this one.

What is a tsb?

Technical Service Bulletin. It is what is created by the company when an issue is present but not wide spread enough to issue a recall. It features documented steps to resolve the issue, i.e. parts, software, specialized tools, etc.

I had that one done, my screen would come up blank but would reset itself after shutting down the vehicle for 5 min. Appears to me that the OP's issue is different to this one.

That TSB addresses almost every issue known right now with the infotainment system from what the GM engineer told me. Either way the only real way to get it fixed is to take it into the dealer.

Take it to the dealer. As TJay said, this fixes a bunch of issues. I posted this in another thread where they were talking about Blank Screen...

Here is the Blank Screen after Start Up and In Reverse "Calibration" I had done to mine to solve the screen not returning to the Home screen after ending a call and cannot call contact work/mobile number for more than one contact with the same name. It solves several issues.

http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?p=2872

Archived