Why is this still ongoing after so many months? Have GEICO total the vehicle and sue GM for the difference owed on th

I sure wish it was that easy...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with the combined damage of the fire and the tow its still not totaled?

Nope. As it sits rn I believe its at $24,000* damage, not to include labor.

Nope. As it sits rn I believe its at $24,000* damage, not to include labor.

I was told last week that I could expect my truck back by the end of the month.

sounds damn close to totaled to me. i might try pushing for that if i was you. 24k parts alone. sheesh

I believe the total cost of parts + labor are finalized at $31,***. yet far from $45,000. they wont total it. I'm impartial to the decision.

Are they inspecting the inside of the engine to make sure the heat from the fire did not do any damage?

Yes, they tore down the entire engine bay to assure no extensive damage. They did replace the Throttle body, water pump, all the pulleys, and some other fairly inexpensive parts as well as everything rubber, plastic and wired. The truck takes two very specific Wiring harnesses which held up the process trying to identify these and getting them pulled from the factory assembly line. Also the radiator had to be pulled from assembly, that part alone took six weeks.

Yes, they tore down the entire engine bay to assure no extensive damage. They did replace the Throttle body, water pump, all the pulleys, and some other fairly inexpensive parts as well as everything rubber, plastic and wired. The truck takes two very specific Wiring harnesses which held up the process trying to identify these and getting them pulled from the factory assembly line. Also the radiator had to be pulled from assembly, that part alone took six weeks.

6 weeks isn't surprising on non-regular maintenance parts. Being a 2017, most likely they didn't have one just laying around so it had to be shipped either from a GM plant directly or from a warehouse somewhere.

I believe the total cost of parts + labor are finalized at $31,***. yet far from $45,000. they wont total it. I'm impartial to the decision.

It sucks, but as long as it is replaced correctly, it should be fine. Make sure to look over the truck very close before accepting the keys back. If anything does not meet your standards, have them redo it and make it right. Paint, body angles, how everything lines up, any weird noises when it is running, etc. Be particular, as you will be stuck with this truck most likely for a long time.

I need to sue GM, but I don't even have the slightest idea how to accomplish this.. I've contacted a few lawyers/attorneys and haven't received and response. Is this too big a deal for a law firm? I figured they would jump on this..

Sorry for your luck. Sure you can try to sue but you'll more than likely end up with at least another 10k in the hole and the same end result. If it was worth going to bat, your insurance company would be the first in line.

BUMMER.

Did I miss it. What caused the fire? :happysad:

although its still up in the air I have three companies pointing the finger at the driver cooling fan and one major company saying not us.

Wow. Just wow. Sorry to hear about all of this BS you're going through.

Since it burned up in your driveway, why won't your homeowners insurance cover it?

Archived