Best leveling coilovers/UCA with stock rims

Ok good that's what I thought I just wanted to be sure. They should arrive today and will be installed sometime this week or weekend. I will post pictures when it's done.

I am still undecided on what to do with the frame stop but I'm leaning towards leaving it for when I do push the system to its limits nothing breaks. If I am reading yalls comments correct leaving the frame as is would be playing it safe? Is that correct?

I would call Cognito about this. I'm not sure what you think is going to break, but I would be more concerned about leaving it and damaging the UCA on downtravel. I don't know if that is technically designed to be a travel limiter, as to my knowledge it's a service perch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I will post a detailed review of how they ride. They are the 2.5 all around with adjustable reservoirs.

I will give Cognito a call this afternoon.

Thanks again everyone for all the help!

Cognito will tell you to cut it and the fox or king coilover will be the limiting factor in travel.

Fox will tell you their shocks aren't designed to be the primary travel limiting factor and advise you to install limit straps.

When you mention this to cognito they will say they do not make a limit strap for a 1500 and "this is the first time we're hearing about this" and brush you off via email.

• Like 1

Would leaving them be better for going airborn?

Sorry for all the questions

They won't help if you decide to do that^^ but they will extend the life of your shock/coilover if you repeatedly go airborne/full droop.

• Like 1

So I got a call from the shop saying they have never seen coil overs that you can't adjust with a spanner wrench or the wrench it comes with because there is so much pressure on them. They said they will need to put the shocks in a press and adjust them like that. They also said they install kings every week and have never seen this. Just my luck.

Any one else run into this problem?

What height are you adjusting them to? Mine were adjusted with the spike/wrench they came with and it bent the spike. So definitely some pressure there.

You might call King and talk to them about it - just to make sure that's what they recommend and it's not something amiss.

So I got a call from the shop saying they have never seen coil overs that you can't adjust with a spanner wrench or the wrench it comes with because there is so much pressure on them. They said they will need to put the shocks in a press and adjust them like that. They also said they install kings every week and have never seen this. Just my luck.

Any one else run into this problem?

This is normal. Need to compress the spring to take tension off the ring.

Ok awesome that makes me feel better. So you cannot adjust these while they're on the truck?

In theory you can jack the truck up and use a autozone/auto parts store rental type spring compressor to take tension off. In practice it starts getting scary when you start cranking those little things.

In theory you can jack the truck up and use a autozone/auto parts store rental type spring compressor to take tension off. In practice it starts getting scary when you start cranking those little things.

And from my understanding/reading anecdotes, not all rental

compressors will fit all coils.

• Like 1