Best leveling coilovers/UCA with stock rims

I got my truck back and it sits level and looks very good. I have been trying to adjust the Kings to a setting that I like. I haven't gotten a chance to drive that muh since I got my truck back but I will this week. Initial impression is not really much different than my Bilsteins but I hope it's just because I haven't driven enough to test them out. Here are some pictures.

I got my truck back and it sits level and looks very good. I have been trying to adjust the Kings to a setting that I like. I haven't gotten a chance to drive that muh since I got my truck back but I will this week. Initial impression is not really much different than my Bilsteins but I hope it's just because I haven't driven enough to test them out. Here are some pictures.

You won't notice much of a difference on the road. Big off-road hits are where you'll notice the most difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't figure out how to upload pictures from my phone. I got 275/60/20 terra grapplers and I am very happy with them and how they look. The truck sits very level and looks really good. I did not have them cut the perch and when I am driving on the highway and hit a bump that causes the truck to jump up and the front tires droop down I can hear and feel the UCA hit the perch. I am now leaning towards cutting the perch but I also plan on being pretty rough on this system and I know you guys have said by cutting the perch it can cause over droop and that can damage the system. I had a strut over extend on my last truck and when I landed I was nose down and on impact it caused the shock piston to bend out of the shock housing which was not good.

Can anyone provide a part number on limiting straps or bump stops or anything else to fix this that I could buy?

Thanks

I can't figure out how to upload pictures from my phone. I got 275/60/20 terra grapplers and I am very happy with them and how they look. The truck sits very level and looks really good. I did not have them cut the perch and when I am driving on the highway and hit a bump that causes the truck to jump up and the front tires droop down I can hear and feel the UCA hit the perch. I am now leaning towards cutting the perch but I also plan on being pretty rough on this system and I know you guys have said by cutting the perch it can cause over droop and that can damage the system. I had a strut over extend on my last truck and when I landed I was nose down and on impact it caused the shock piston to bend out of the shock housing which was not good.

Can anyone provide a part number on limiting straps or bump stops or anything else to fix this that I could buy?

Thanks

You'd have to custom fab straps. No one makes them for 1500s

I haven't seen any reports of someone cutting the perch and having damage from over extension. I'm sure in certain circumstances it could be possible, but so far I've just heard theory. Of course, I would imagine most folks aren't out jumping their trucks every weekend...

• Like 1

Have you or anyone else experienced this?

Experienced members on another chevy site who I trust recommend leaving the perches in place. I cut mine prior to speaking with them. Haven't had anything bad happen, apart from losing alignment recently. Couldn't tell you if it was related or not, but I have stock struts with a spacer installed at the moment while my fox coilovers are being repaired due to manufacturing defect.

• 3 weeks later...

So I've had the kit for a few weeks. I have driven it over all terrains from very extreme to my daily commute and I would say the only time I ever noticed these being better than my Bilsteins were at high speed Offroad and jumping. I haven't found a setting yet but someone told me today to set the rear softer than the front so I might try that. Has anyone done this or does anyone have a setting strategy to try? If anyone is considering these I might try the icons if you drive on the street for more than 80%. I'm not giving up on them however because I'm still hoping I find a nice street setting for all 4 corners that I really like. Yes I'm probably being picky but for the price I paid I was expecting a ride as smooth as my buddies diesel with kings(carli).

Also just an update I still have not removed the perch.

I'll keep y'all updated and try to figure out how to post pictures.

Any suggestions or comments are always appreciated!

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 7/17/2017 at 8:27 PM, SierraZ714x4 said:

here is mine with the fox 2.5's, cognito UCA, and 275/65 KO2's. everything fits great with absolutely no rubbing anywhere (did not have to trim). AMPs and tint and i will call it a day with this one!

post-108253-0-65788200-1500344864_thumb.jpg

What type of mileage are you getting out of your setup? 

• 2 years later...

piggybacking here since my questions do not warrant a new thread.  I appreciate all the good info here.

I have a 16LTZ4wd 6.2 and am looking at fox/king/icon kits that are OEM in the 1-3" range.   Truck came with the black 22" gloss rims and 295 45 22's and I'm trying to keep the 22's but might run a size or two bigger when these nittos terra grapplers wear out.  This is my daily driver.

Drive mostly onroad but love hooning it up when I get the chance at a railroad x'ing or offroad so I wantsome decent hardware.  Love the idea of adjustable Kings, love even more the idea of dual adjustable Fox's (rebound and compression).  Don't want to run Deavers (yet) because I like a little payload and towing.

You guys have any idea if the 22's (without spacers) will rub with congnitos (or other UCA's?).

I've been playing with the kits here:  https://www.filthymotorsports.com/King_OEM_Silverado_Shocks_p/king-25001-148.htm

• front w/compression adjusters 
  • extended travel
  • camburg UCA's
  • rear Kings w/adjusters
  • rear bump stops (eventually)
  • standard valving

Cheers!