All-New 2019 Silverado Details: New Diesel Engine, Weight Savings, Steel Bed, 8 Trims, More Space

Gorehamj

What are these two buttons? I see two that look like fog lamps and then the bed light too. The upper knob had an N on it elsewhere. I wonder if this is like Ford's back up assist thing? They have connections on the back bumper for trailer cameras so I wonder if this plays into it somehow. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 9.41.30 PM.png

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has it been determined where these new trucks will be built! I know some 2018 build is being transferred to Oshawa, Ontario but are 19's going to be built totally in Ft. Wayne? What is going to the Mexico plant?

I have asked someone I know who works in FT Wayne and they do not yet know which models they will make. Currently they do not make crew cabs

Ryan B.

1 hour ago, MikeNH said:

What are these two buttons? I see two that look like fog lamps and then the bed light too. The upper knob had an N on it elsewhere. I wonder if this is like Ford's back up assist thing? They have connections on the back bumper for trailer cameras so I wonder if this plays into it somehow. 

Screen Shot 2018-01-14 at 9.41.30 PM.png

I believe the bottom button is for the fog lights, since that is where it is at in the current generation. I’m guessing the button to the left of the cargo lights is for the spotlights on the side of the mirrors.

1 hour ago, adamj2121 said:

I believe the bottom button is for the fog lights, since that is where it is at in the current generation. I’m guessing the button to the left of the cargo lights is for the spotlights on the side of the mirrors.

I'd say the upper button looks like it would be the fogs.

I'm not sure what the other button's designation means.

1 hour ago, SIERRA/T said:

I'd say the upper button looks like it would be the fogs.

I'm not sure what the other button's designation means.

I have to agree with the fogs.  Isn’t that what the current fog light symbol is when running? 

I have to say, I am liking the rear tailgate.

Everyone says that it looks too Tundra or RAM...

Ummm...sorry to break it to those folks...but Chevy did it decades ago.

Reminds me of my '69...

2018-chevrolet-truck-bg.jpg

4 hours ago, Vicarod said:

I have to say, I am liking the rear tailgate.

Everyone says that it looks too Tundra or RAM...

Ummm...sorry to break it to those folks...but Chevy did it decades ago.

Reminds me of my '69...

2018-chevrolet-truck-bg.jpg

Chevy did it in the early 2000s too when they had a composite bedside (not stepside). 

13 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Curious about the inline 6 3.0 diesel.  Ford has one with the 10 speed, then out of the blue,  Chevy has one.  Obviously same transmission,  what is this engine based off of or copied off of or borrowed from....

FERD'S is late 90's diesel dolled up/reinforced/cast oil pan added probably? Emissions compliant....Junk belongs in Car/SUV

GM'S is ground up Inline 6 3.0 Diesel.......Yeah..bulletproof GM style enough said! 

53 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

Curious about the inline 6 3.0 diesel.  Ford has one with the 10 speed, then out of the blue,  Chevy has one.  Obviously same transmission,  what is this engine based off of or copied off of or borrowed from....

It's no secret that GM and Ford worked on the 10 speed together. They each probably make small changes to optimize it for their engine but it's the same unit i the end. The engine is supposedly all new. It's rare but eventually the manufacturers do one from scratch. Hell, technically the Gen 5 GM V8s share basically nothing with previous ones. 

Ignore the troll BS about Ford's engine. Options are always good.

1 hour ago, mookdoc6 said:

FERD'S is late 90's diesel dolled up/reinforced/cast oil pan added probably? Emissions compliant....Junk belongs in Car/SUV

GM'S is ground up Inline 6 3.0 Diesel.......Yeah..bulletproof GM style enough said! 

It’s spelled Ford. There you go again with your blabbering bullshit. Maybe you’d be more relevant if you ACTUALLY knew what you are talking about. 

1 hour ago, MikeNH said:

It's no secret that GM and Ford worked on the 10 speed together. They each probably make small changes to optimize it for their engine but it's the same unit i the end. The engine is supposedly all new. It's rare but eventually the manufacturers do one from scratch. Hell, technically the Gen 5 GM V8s share basically nothing with previous ones. 

Ignore the troll BS about Ford's engine. Options are always good.

Options are great. That’s why ford has sold well because of many configurations. GM is now following suit. I really hope GM knocks this out of the park. The new body style is amazing. I hope they add more power to their engine lineup. 6.2 with 450 hp and 470+ tq. That would be amazing. 

Archived