All-New 2019 Silverado Details: New Diesel Engine, Weight Savings, Steel Bed, 8 Trims, More Space

Gorehamj

11 minutes ago, CAtaylor said:

What I am waiting on is what trims and engines will be available with 6 seats. That will determine what my next vehicle will be. I looked at the 18 Fords recently available with 6 seats, they felt cheap in comparison to my 15 SLE 2500. Leather bench, not stripped down truck with the 6.2L and I am sold. Time will tell.

Ya, I am not too keen on GM only offering the 6.2 in high trims. Personally I only want the high trim, but I’ve see many people wishing they could get an LT SC with a 6.2. More options for people equals more sales. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well since everyone's distracted on the whole ford thing, I thought I'd offer up what I've seen so far and make assumptions of features they've yet to announce, but pretty sure they'll offer later this year.

Push to start, high country had it.

Electronic parking brake, not 100% sure on this but I saw a button marked "P" on the bottom left of the steering wheels.

Rear A/C vents

Rear heated seats

Heads up display

Digital gauge cluster in high country models (no longer Denali exclusive, unless Denali gets a full digital cluster similar to the cadi)

Auto-stop (engine shuts off while stopped, hate this feature to be honest, but it seems we can disable it)

Intellilink 3.0 (sweet as I can't stand the blue "Chevy" layout all the GM trucks have now. I loved the red theme)

Storage compartment in rear seats and separated area under rear seats as well.

Blind spot monitoring in mirrors

360 degree camera (it seems that way due to a possible camera under each side mirror, as well as expandable cameras for trailering)

120v outlet in bed

Remote release tailgate, self lift tailgate as well.

Auto-deploying running boards on high country (only saw those on the denali's)

I'm sure I've missed stuff, but all in all, these all seem to be great improvements and it's what most guys asked for. Hopefully they have some hidden gems yet to be announced.

1 hour ago, MikeNH said:

The fanboyism is strong here. :lol:

Both diesels should make good power but I have little interest in either as diesels add thousands to the truck price for gains in areas I care nothing about.

I just want the 5.3 to be competitive with the other V8s or make the 6.2 more widely available. 

a diesel also adds a lot of weight to the nose of the truck 

8 minutes ago, EChavez said:

Well since everyone's distracted on the whole ford thing, I thought I'd offer up what I've seen so far and make assumptions of features they've yet to announce, but pretty sure they'll offer later this year.

Push to start, high country had it.

Electronic parking brake, not 100% sure on this but I saw a button marked "P" on the bottom left of the steering wheels.

Rear A/C vents

Rear heated seats

Heads up display

Digital gauge cluster in high country models (no longer Denali exclusive, unless Denali gets a full digital cluster similar to the cadi)

Auto-stop (engine shuts off while stopped, hate this feature to be honest, but it seems we can disable it)

Intellilink 3.0 (sweet as I can't stand the blue "Chevy" layout all the GM trucks have now. I loved the red theme)

Storage compartment in rear seats and separated area under rear seats as well.

Blind spot monitoring in mirrors

360 degree camera (it seems that way due to a possible camera under each side mirror, as well as expandable cameras for trailering)

120v outlet in bed

Remote release tailgate, self lift tailgate as well.

Auto-deploying running boards on high country (only saw those on the denali's)

I'm sure I've missed stuff, but all in all, these all seem to be great improvements and it's what most guys asked for. Hopefully they have some hidden gems yet to be announced.

I hope so! They need the auto cruise control system with the auto braking too. I’m curious if they’re going to offer a panoramic sun roof and I wonder what they’ll do with their sound system (still bose?)

Ford has bang and olufson which is very very high quality. GM is really going for it. I hope they keep up with technology. For a while there I was getting a bit discouraged with them. 

Has it been determined where these new trucks will be built! I know some 2018 build is being transferred to Oshawa, Ontario but are 19's going to be built totally in Ft. Wayne? What is going to the Mexico plant?

2 minutes ago, Likarok said:

Has it been determined where these new trucks will be built! I know some 2018 build is being transferred to Oshawa, Ontario but are 19's going to be built totally in Ft. Wayne? What is going to the Mexico plant?

Hopefully nothing is built in Mexico. Bring it all to America. 

7 minutes ago, Likarok said:

4 minutes ago, kilowhiskey said:

Hopefully nothing is built in Mexico. Bring it all to America. 

OK, I found my answer on the GM Canada media page: I found this statement.

"The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado will be on display at the North American International Auto Show through January 28 in Detroit. Production of the 2019 Silverado will begin at the Fort Wayne, Indiana Assembly plant, ranked the highest-quality plant in North America by J.D. Power and Associates, with customer deliveries beginning this fall." 

1 hour ago, becker87 said:

Quick question.  How does the start/stop feature work with auto start?  I would assume it would still let your vehicle warm up but have never tried one out

I would figure they made it so that when the rig is in park and off, the remote start works. 

5 hours ago, becker87 said:

Quick question.  How does the start/stop feature work with auto start?  I would assume it would still let your vehicle warm up but have never tried one out

Assuming it works like every other start/stop system I am familiar with then the engine will only turn off when in drive and sitting still, there are usually other parameters that need to be met as well (climate control not on max, steering wheel straight, gas pedal not depressed, etc) 

I’m personally not a fan of the systems, but they do work...

1 minute ago, adamj2121 said:

Assuming it works like every other start/stop system I am familiar with then the engine will only turn off when in drive and sitting still, there are usually other parameters that need to be met as well (climate control not on max, steering wheel straight, gas pedal not depressed, etc) 

I’m personally not a fan of the systems, but they do work...

I wouldn't give them that much credit. The real world gains they offer are minimal. The only reason any manufacturer uses them is the EPA offers a credit to their CAFE numbers for stuff like this and grill shutters that offer fractional, if any gain. Same as up to 2010 or so when they got extra credit for making the trucks able to run E85.

5 hours ago, kilowhiskey said:

I hope so! They need the auto cruise control system with the auto braking too. I’m curious if they’re going to offer a panoramic sun roof and I wonder what they’ll do with their sound system (still bose?)

Ford has bang and olufson which is very very high quality. GM is really going for it. I hope they keep up with technology. For a while there I was getting a bit discouraged with them. 

I would imagine that auto cruise will be implemented, most of the sensors/cameras should have been added. 

Panoramic sunroof is a no go, they asked one of the presenters in the TFL video and he said no. They asked why not and he had no comment.

I think I saw Bose speakers in the TFL video

1 minute ago, MikeNH said:

I wouldn't give them that much credit. The real world gains they offer are minimal. The only reason any manufacturer uses them is the EPA offers a credit to their CAFE numbers for stuff like this and grill shutters that offer fractional, if any gain. Same as up to 2010 or so when they got extra credit for making the trucks able to run E85.

What I meant by work is they do turn the engine off under the appropriate circumstances and turn it back on quickly. I agree with you on fuel savings, if there are any they are minimal. 

Archived