GMC: Sierra Elevation Adds A “Youthful, Athletic Presence”

Gorehamj

2019-GMC-Sierra-Elevation-035.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
6-6-2018

GMC launched its new Elevation appearance package for the 2019 Sierra today. This new trim is different from other 2019 Sierras in that it has monochromatic (body color) door handles, bumpers and grille surround. These changes are offset by black exterior accents, a black grille insert, tow hooks, black side window trim and standard 20-inch aluminum wheels.

“The 2019 Sierra Elevation conveys a youthful, athletic presence that demonstrates GMC’s tailored approach,” said Rich Latek, GMC marketing director. “With inherent truck capabilities and functionality, Elevation is able to take you off the beaten path along with your gear while standing out from the pack.”

The 2019 Sierra Elevation starts as the new larger double cab model and will be offered with two- or four-wheel-drive. The base engine will be the all-new 2.7-liter turbocharged engine paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission delivering 310 horsepower and 348 lb-ft of torque. Optional will be the updated 5.3-liter V-8 and in early next year, the Sierra Elevation will also be offered with GM’s new 3.0-liter turbo-diesel inline-six-cylinder engine, along with a 10-speed automatic transmission.

Pricing has not been announced. Look for the new 2019 GMC Sierra Elevation starting in the fall of 2018.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gorehamj said:

“The 2019 Sierra Elevation conveys a youthful, athletic presence that demonstrates GMC’s tailored approach,” said Rich Latek, GMC marketing director. “With inherent truck capabilities and functionality, Elevation is able to take you off the beaten path along with your gear while standing out from the pack.”

Wouldn't it have to be different to 'stand out"? Looks like what happens to a high percentage of trucks already. A copy of many readers already personal stylings. Which makes it, "Same Old, Same Old". 

Tailored? Yep to add 15K to the price and give nothing but 'bling' (modest lift) in return. This reminds me of a child that with a box or crayons who colors the same picture with different crayons and yells, "Mom look what I did". 

• Haha 1

Grumpy Bear nails it. I was pretty careful to use GM's words in this one and let them tell the tale.  That said, I do love the look.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Gorehamj said:

Grumpy Bear nails it. I was pretty careful to use GM's words in this one and let them tell the tale.  That said, I do love the look.

Kids put pins in their face, tat's on everything and wear a certain slovenly style. Color their hair all to 'be different' and in the end they all look exactly the same. I expect this from young people. They are still learning how to have a thought of their own. (there is no sharp line at 15 either). 

This makes me guess that the focus groups, marketing people and upper management must be all like...what....15 maybe? If you copy them they move on to something else and you are always a day late and a dollar short of anything resembling originality. Long hair and bell bottoms ring a bell? Ducks butt haircuts and white socks? GM doesn't have a lock on stupid. Wonder what they think an actual truck looks like? Performs like? Services like? Behaves like? 

They do seem to understand this however; that a truck that looks like a pre-runner will never 'likely' leave the pavement so it doesn't have to back up the expectation the look advertises. Small print saves the their butt if someone actually does get her on the shoulder. 

Honestly? Most people don't care what it looks like. They worry about what someone else thinks about the look and if that will impress them enough to give you a nod of approval. Shallow graves. 

On 6/6/2018 at 2:53 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

Wouldn't it have to be different to 'stand out"? Looks like what happens to a high percentage of trucks already. A copy of many readers already personal stylings. Which makes it, "Same Old, Same Old". 

Tailored? Yep to add 15K to the price and give nothing but 'bling' (modest lift) in return. This reminds me of a child that with a box or crayons who colors the same picture with different crayons and yells, "Mom look what I did". 

Elevation editions aren’t much more pricer, if anything it’s a $1k appearance option.

the only thing that will cost $15k more is the all terrain editon, it’s nothing special