Actual photo of my brand new 2018 Silverado High Country. It's been at the dealer for about 2 weeks now - still has the temporary tag on it. I asked them to look into the vibration in the steering wheel. Haven't seen it since. I think the dealer is doing what they can and trying to fix it. But they don't seem to be getting any support from Chevrolet/GM. Nothing like replacing that new car euphoria with a good swift kick in the balls.  #Chevrolemon

Chevrolemon.jpg

Edited by Justin Opinion
  • Confused 1

That's funny!  I like the color!

I know it sucks, but they'll figure something out.  If it makes you feel better I am 100% confident in this platform.  I have 150k problem free miles on my 15.  Hope you get it back soon!

A black bow tie would makes this lemon pop!  My son has a HC and I have a Sierra.  They both ride smoothly.  I hope they find the source of the vibration and you get as much pleasure from your truck as I have over the past 2+ years.

10 hours ago, Jchoi said:

Here’s to hoping they figure it out soon and get you squared away. Good luck sir. 

Thanks. I absolutely love the truck, but having it in service all this time with them unable to fix it is very annoying and robbing me of the new car experience. I'm also concerned that every time they try things like removing drive shafts or suspension parts, they break seals made at the factory and put new stress on fasteners that now may or may not be to spec torque, etc. What possible problems might I have at 50,000 miles now that I wouldn't have? 

9 hours ago, Donstar said:

A black bow tie would makes this lemon pop!  My son has a HC and I have a Sierra.  They both ride smoothly.  I hope they find the source of the vibration and you get as much pleasure from your truck as I have over the past 2+ years.

Thank you. I hope so too. I traded in a perfectly good 2017 "other brand" truck that I really liked on this Silverado, for several reasons that I still think were good. I love this truck very much - but they are sucking the life out of me with this, and I anticipate an uncooperative and uncaring experience from GM. I probably should research lemon law so that I can be ready to take that route. But even then, the process is the punishment. The customer loses no matter how it goes.

Yes, I would just ask for a replacement truck.

I just met a guy that bought a 17 Z71 with a driveline clunk. After being in shop for about 4 weeks they just had him pick out a new truck on the lot.

Have you filled out your GM survey yet?

20 minutes ago, Justin Opinion said:

Thank you. I hope so too. I traded in a perfectly good 2017 "other brand" truck that I really liked on this Silverado, for several reasons that I still think were good. I love this truck very much - but they are sucking the life out of me with this, and I anticipate an uncooperative and uncaring experience from GM. I probably should research lemon law so that I can be ready to take that route. But even then, the process is the punishment. The customer loses no matter how it goes.

Keep us posted and try to remain positive. I've had good experiences with GM.  My last truck had a rough first year or two but they made it right.  What have they given you to drive in the meantime?

Traded a good '17 truck on a '18 Silverado, and wonders why he has problems.  The kids these days. 

1)  Like my ol pappy used to say, IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT!  A helluva lot of people on here would keep a good vehicle for 20 years and drive it for 400K miles, that is, IF we could find a good one!  You had a good one and let it go, maybe because it had a bug spot on the windshield and there were shiny new ones across the street.  Damn, I wish I had $70K burning a hole in my pocket that badly!

2)  He shoulda done some research on here to learn about all of the problems on the new GM trucks, including the infamous Chevy Shake.  

3)  His first posts on this GM TRUCKS site include a picture of a lemon with a bowtie.  Troll much?  

Edited by MaverickZ71

20 minutes ago, MaverickZ71 said:

Traded a good '17 truck on a '18 Silverado, and wonders why he has problems.  The kids these days. 

1)  Like my ol pappy used to say, IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT!  A helluva lot of people on here would keep a good vehicle for 20 years and drive it for 400K miles, that is, IF we could find a good one!  You had a good one and let it go, maybe because it had a bug spot on the windshield and there were shiny new ones across the street.  Damn, I wish I had $70K burning a hole in my pocket that badly!

2)  He shoulda done some research on here to learn about all of the problems on the new GM trucks, including the infamous Chevy Shake.  

3)  His first posts on this GM TRUCKS site include a picture of a lemon with a bowtie.  Troll much?  

You're an ass. So, I see it all so clearly now - it's my fault! My first mistake was exercising my right and ability to make a decision and spend my own money. That not only makes me culpable, but also inflames your militant attitude against anyone you think might have more nickels to rub together than you do. I'm terribly sorry if you're not able to earn the level of income you'd like, but that might be more your fault and less mine. You're ugly f**king head will explode if you see the ZL1 I keep in the garage just for fun Sunday drives.

It's also my fault because I didn't do exhaustive research. Google any make, any year, any vehicle and you'll find plenty of one-off horror stories as well as the reports of 'chronic issues'. I was familiar with the shake issue and was attentive to it, and it is still not conclusive that this is the root problem here. 

Yes, my picture is a lemon with a bowtie. I'm making a statement because I'm very annoyed. But it seems that you are in fact the troll. You seem to be the typical keyboard commando that is very tough and brave behind the veil of obscurity here. My hostility is toward GM, yours is strictly toward me - because that threatens your sense of self-worth (which I can't image could be much). Go be miserable someplace else.

Edited by Justin Opinion
add text
  • Like 2

I have had 4 trucks in this new platform my last being the 2017 Yukon XL Denali. This is the good one so I am sticking with it. All of them had issues. This '17 has minor very annoying issues but unacceptable for 75K!! Worked most of the kinks and annoyances out and am presentlty having new seats installed to solve the HARD cardboard uncomfortable seats!! ALL of them had or developed the shake. My '15 Denali had 9 tires replaced chasing this. The solution for all of them was tires. My '17 came with Continentals with were ok for a while but I had learned the best ride and no shake comes from Michelin Defenders. 

I was where your at initially- which is this thing is brand new Fxxing fix it!! But I learned after all the visits to the dealer and annoying attempts and failure from their lack of ability, that spending the 1200 dollars on Michelins and have them road force balanced and it will transform your truck. Chasing it on the 3rd one really pissed me off that when I had a little shake develop on the '17,  I just did the Michelins and never looked back. What an improvement.

Good luck buddy, I doubt it's anything but tires, so don't get led around by the nose by the dealer---- they are complete incompetent idiots trying to make you go away. 

Edited by seamus2154
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Donstar said:

Keep us posted and try to remain positive. I've had good experiences with GM.  My last truck had a rough first year or two but they made it right.  What have they given you to drive in the meantime?

They loaned me a Equanox. It was transportation, but I'm not eager to buy one. I took it back today and got my Silverado back - for the time being. It doesn't feel any better to me, but at least I have my truck for the weekend and can hopefully get some work done.