What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

19 hours ago, Shawn O'Leary said:

Installed my winter tires and wheels on Sunday (Toyo Observe G3-Ice tires); going to fabricate some sort of setup to hold the sandbags over the rear axle Friday (I move sandbags in and out of the bed before and after large storms). 

My dad use to get old tractor tubes, cut them in half and fill them up with sand and then used hose clamps to clamp the ends shut.  This worked great for extra weight and the rubber tubes didn't collect any moisture and if you needed the sand you could just undo one of the clamps.  Plus they were easy to handle and as well as not move around much in the bed since the rubber helped keep them from sliding around.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Black02Silverado said:

My dad use to get old tractor tubes, cut them in half and fill them up with sand and then used hose clamps to clamp the ends shut.  This worked great for extra weight and the rubber tubes didn't collect any moisture and if you needed the sand you could just undo one of the clamps.  Plus they were easy to handle and as well as not move around much in the bed since the rubber helped keep them from sliding around.

That's a great idea! 

About a week or so old but here to share nonetheless. Limo on sides and back with 35% on the entire windshield with a limo strip at the top. Rest of build should start soon, if I can stop second guessing myself that is. 

E23EAB4E-6605-4E80-89E4-D156F4AB4D9B.jpeg

58B1540B-BA9D-4947-9145-B90400BF4936.jpeg

85EBDD19-6DAA-4E6F-8DED-4554F0923E10.jpeg

• Like 2

About a week or so old but here to share nonetheless. Limo on sides and back with 35% on the entire windshield with a limo strip at the top. Rest of build should start soon, if I can stop second guessing myself that is. 
E23EAB4E-6605-4E80-89E4-D156F4AB4D9B.thumb.jpeg.221c424832259fa9c9e19c41eca2be46.jpeg
58B1540B-BA9D-4947-9145-B90400BF4936.thumb.jpeg.b366e2286e0b141a1793c50381de21a0.jpeg
85EBDD19-6DAA-4E6F-8DED-4554F0923E10.thumb.jpeg.026de69130768f6cbcb48d56568cf951.jpeg

Looks nice. I really like the rims with that color. I am really considering those when the time comes. But like you I can’t make my mind up on if I want to go aggressive or stick to more factory with just a level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Dealership installed the Kicker Audio System  but cut corners and decided not to install the lights. (Many dealers do this apparently) I didn't really care for the system but if they put it in there and I have it... I wanted the lights. So I bought the multi-pro tailgate lights kit and popped the lights out of the frames and put them in the kicker system.

JL6pzLf.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Royall577 said:

Looks nice. I really like the rims with that color. I am really considering those when the time comes. But like you I can’t make my mind up on if I want to go aggressive or stick to more factory with just a level.

I’m right there with you. I have looked at every single truck I could find online with a similar setup. I have seen several trucks with a small lift and these same accessory wheels and truth be told it’s not the vision I was hoping for. Now with that said I’ve seen some with the other 22 accessory wheels and it looks great. I’ve also wrestled with lift or leveled decision due to warranty. The dealership I bought from says it’s a nonissue but they are not in my local area. The few I have visited here said it will absolutely be denied warranty work regardless of its suspension related or not. I finally got a service manager to admit that it basically is up to a manager to notify Chevy that anything has been altered and of they don’t say it has then warranty is no issue at all. I guess it’s everyone’s personal decision to risk it or not. 

funny side story I wasn’t supposed to have these wheels. I was supposed to have the rst 20’s but when I went to get the truck they had swapped them out with a lower package rim. I pointed this out and the gm said find some on the lot or we can order yours. A factory ordered truck had these in the very back, still had plastic inside and out. I half jokingly said I’ll take the black ones in the back. Without even going to look he said done and we will throw in a spray in liner for no charge since you had to choose different wheels. My sales guy was not happy when he couldn’t talk the gm out of it once he realized what he had done. 

• Like 1

I’m right there with you. I have looked at every single truck I could find online with a similar setup. I have seen several trucks with a small lift and these same accessory wheels and truth be told it’s not the vision I was hoping for. Now with that said I’ve seen some with the other 22 accessory wheels and it looks great. I’ve also wrestled with lift or leveled decision due to warranty. The dealership I bought from says it’s a nonissue but they are not in my local area. The few I have visited here said it will absolutely be denied warranty work regardless of its suspension related or not. I finally got a service manager to admit that it basically is up to a manager to notify Chevy that anything has been altered and of they don’t say it has then warranty is no issue at all. I guess it’s everyone’s personal decision to risk it or not. 

funny side story I wasn’t supposed to have these wheels. I was supposed to have the rst 20’s but when I went to get the truck they had swapped them out with a lower package rim. I pointed this out and the gm said find some on the lot or we can order yours. A factory ordered truck had these in the very back, still had plastic inside and out. I half jokingly said I’ll take the black ones in the back. Without even going to look he said done and we will throw in a spray in liner for no charge since you had to choose different wheels. My sales guy was not happy when he couldn’t talk the gm out of it once he realized what he had done. 

You lucked out on that hahaha. It’s tough for me as well because my father in law is the service manager for a Chevy dealership and that’s where we take our vehicles. He does everything the right way. Might just wait until the warranty runs out then start working on it. My truck doesn’t get much use (only 400 miles in two months). Good luck on your build and can’t wait to see some pictures!