5 hours ago, z1boss said:

All T1s have single pipe exhaust.  The exception is that any truck that comes with the dual polished tips has dual piping coming from the muffler but before the muffler there is still only one pipe.

Yeah, but I assume the y pipe and additional piping changes the sound some.  The pics I saw showed each of the two pipes behind the Y had the perforated resonator patches too.   

4 hours ago, shift_grind said:

Yeah, but I assume the y pipe and additional piping changes the sound some.  The pics I saw showed each of the two pipes behind the Y had the perforated resonator patches too.   

Correct they do.  Mines a little different since my cutout dumps right before the muffler so my sound doesn't pass through anything other than the cats when the cutout is open 

The dual tip T1s use a y pipe into a single in/out muffler and then it Y’s again at the axle to two pipes

9 hours ago, Trailboss19 said:

Any word when Borla will have an ATAK kit out

You can already order a Borla kit from the dealer.  Its a $1500 option.  The "LPO, Cat-Back Performance Exhaust" is Borla (RPO = WBC).  Not sure if it is the ATAK version though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I just had a Magnaflow muffler installed on my 2019 6.2. I believe there were 2 flapper valves; one before the muffler and one after the muffler, both of which were removed. Reasonators were kept.

I’m happy with the sound but problem is that when the engine drops down to low cylinder mode, it makes that choking/chopping sound at a the 1200 rpm range. Sounds great while idling and over 1200 RPMs, but at 1200 it’s really annoying.  I’ve had the new muffler for about a week and it hasn’t improved.

Any ideas?

thanks 

Hey guys,

I just had a Magnaflow muffler installed on my 2019 6.2. I believe there were 2 flapper valves; one before the muffler and one after the muffler, both of which were removed. Reasonators were kept.

I’m happy with the sound but problem is that when the engine drops down to low cylinder mode, it makes that choking/chopping sound at a the 1200 rpm range. Sounds great while idling and over 1200 RPMs, but at 1200 it’s really annoying.  I’ve had the new muffler for about a week and it hasn’t improved.

Any ideas?

thanks 

The last new truck I had was a 14. To eliminate without a tune. Shift your truck to m mode, click up to last gear before your highest gear. If you have a 8 speed that would be 7. My truck was a 6 speed. Before I got a tune I ran M5 until I went over 2K on the tachometer then I click up to M6. The would eliminate cylinder deactivation. Unless something has changed in the programming that should still work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, NuggZ7 said:

Hey guys,

Any ideas?

thanks 

No doubt the sound you hear is created from the Dynamic Skip Fire tech. on T1

Probably sounds worse than the droning helicopter 4 cylinder mode noise on K2

4 hours ago, KARNUT said:

The last new truck I had was a 14. To eliminate without a tune. Shift your truck to m mode, click up to last gear before your highest gear. If you have a 8 speed that would be 7. My truck was a 6 speed. Before I got a tune I ran M5 until I went over 2K on the tachometer then I click up to M6. The would eliminate cylinder deactivation. Unless something has changed in the programming that should still work.

I’ve been doing that and it does work, but’s it’s a pain

2 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

No doubt the sound you hear is created from the Dynamic Skip Fire tech. on T1

Probably sounds worse than the droning helicopter 4 cylinder mode noise on K2

Sure does since this thing will fire on only 1-2 cylinders. Wondering if a muffler delete or any other options are available.

I’ve been doing that and it does work, but’s it’s a pain

In my case unless I was maintaining highway speed 70 and up. I automatically put it in M5 and left it there. At 72 mph about the only time it was in cylinder deactivation was down hill, not much exhaust sound there. I bought a caned tune and eliminated the V-4 altogether. I’m not going to buy a cylinder deactivation truck again, but if I did I would be hesitant to do a tune.

1 hour ago, NuggZ7 said:

Sure does since this thing will fire on only 1-2 cylinders. Wondering if a muffler delete or any other options are available.

13 hours ago, NuggZ7 said:

Hey guys,

Any ideas?

thanks 

I have the cutout system shown at the beginning of the post and mine sounds great when idling and when driving at all speeds.  Mine does not make the choking/chopping sound that you mentioned.  There is very little drone and I barely notice it.  I also have no flapper valves since the cutout is dumping before them.

9 hours ago, z1boss said:

I have the cutout system shown at the beginning of the post and mine sounds great when idling and when driving at all speeds.  Mine does not make the choking/chopping sound that you mentioned.  There is very little drone and I barely notice it.  I also have no flapper valves since the cutout is dumping before them.

Interesting, may need to share this with the muffler shop mechanic. So, no choking at all regardless of RPM? Wondering if the 6.2/10 speed makes it worse.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, NuggZ7 said:

Interesting, may need to share this with the muffler shop mechanic. So, no choking at all regardless of RPM? Wondering if the 6.2/10 speed makes it worse.

Nope, no choking.  As mentioned, there is a little drone when cruising at certain speeds but not enough to bother me.  It could have something to do with the 10 speed, as the 5.3 and 6.2 are the same engine essentially just the 6.2 has a larger stroke and larger piston bore.  It could also be the resonators that might be choking out your higher flowing magnaflow muffler.