I found it interesting the the Owner Manual address intake and exhaust modifications!  It appears that GM wants to make sure you only purchase their Intake and Exhaust upgrades!

TAMPERING WITH NOISE CONTROL SYSTEM PROHIBITED

Federal law prohibits the following acts or the causing thereof:

1. The removal or rendering inoperative by any person,
other than for purposes of maintenance, repair,
or replacement, of any device or element of design
incorporated into any new vehicle for the purpose of noise
control prior to its sale or delivery to the ultimate
purchaser or while it is in use; or

2. The use of the vehicle after such device or element of
design has been removed or rendered inoperative by any
person.

Among those acts presumed to constitute tampering are the acts
listed below.

Engine:
Removal or rendering the engine speed governor, if equipped,
inoperative so as to allow engine speed to exceed manufacturer
specifications.

Fan and Drive:
. Removal of the fan clutch, if equipped, or rendering the
clutch inoperative.
. Removal of the fan shroud, if equipped.

Air Intake:
. Removal of the air cleaner silencer.
. Modification of the air cleaner.

Exhaust:
. Removal of the muffler and/or resonator.
. Removal of the exhaust pipes and exhaust pipe clamps.

1 minute ago, Opiedeegs said:

How do you think they would really enforce that stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you come in for a Warranty Claim, you can be sure they will look for it!

I think Auto Manufacturers are squeezing every bit of power out that they can, so that is why they would put a statement out like this. 

Look at it as kind of a "heads up".

There are several other vehicles out now, that with something as simple as an Intake swap, requires a Tune. Same as these trucks now with the GM Performance Intake. Without the Tune, the AFR would lean out too much, and you'd cause damage. 

Could also be why there are 0 Aftermarket Intakes out now for these trucks. If you change the Intake, you're gonna need a Tune, and if you DON'T need a Tune, guess what, that Intake isn't and better than the OE one. 

Because honestly, even with a complete redesign like these trucks went through, there are always atleast Intakes out either by K&N or AFE, usually, before the Vehicles even hit the Lots. I mean hell, there's not even a drop in Filter that I can find. 

I think Auto Manufacturers are squeezing every bit of power out that they can, so that is why they would put a statement out like this. 

Look at it as kind of a "heads up".

There are several other vehicles out now, that with something as simple as an Intake swap, requires a Tune. Same as these trucks now with the GM Performance Intake. Without the Tune, the AFR would lean out too much, and you'd cause damage. 

Could also be why there are 0 Aftermarket Intakes out now for these trucks. If you change the Intake, you're gonna need a Tune, and if you DON'T need a Tune, guess what, that Intake isn't and better than the OE one. 

Because honestly, even with a complete redesign like these trucks went through, there are always atleast Intakes out either by K&N or AFE, usually, before the Vehicles even hit the Lots. I mean hell, there's not even a drop in Filter that I can find. 

Both K&N and Green offer drop in filters. Only mods on my AT4 6.2 will be the drop in filter and GM/ Borla cat back ( both which I have waiting for the truck) until tuning is available down the road.

3 hours ago, lt1z said:

Both K&N and Green offer drop in filters. Only mods on my AT4 6.2 will be the drop in filter and GM/ Borla cat back ( both which I have waiting for the truck) until tuning is available down the road.

Where are you finding them? I am only getting Oil Filters for the '19 NBS Sierra for K&N, and the only '19's Green is showing to have things for is the Ram.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:58 AM, Opiedeegs said:

The exhaust and cold air intake parts should be here Wednesday
hopefully I’ll have them installed and have a nice video posted for you by next weekend

Did you receive your exhaust? and if so, how was the install?

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Opiedeegs said:

https://youtu.be/kgXtxz04Vuk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I turned up my home audio system this evening to give it a listen.  At idle, it sounds great, very smooth deep sounding.  During acceleration sounds like it quiets down a little bit.  On deceleration, love popping of the unburnt fuel, sounds awesome.  Think I am going to order it.  Before I do, any more thoughts on the sound as it breaks-in?

I turned up my home audio system this evening to give it a listen.  At idle, it sounds great, very smooth deep sounding.  During acceleration sounds like it quiets down a little bit.  On deceleration, love popping of the unburnt fuel, sounds awesome.  Think I am going to order it.  Before I do, any more thoughts on the sound as it breaks-in?

That video was right after installation
now that I have run it down the road a bit I really like it
No drone on the highway or city driving (what I do most)
After the cold start at idle can barely tell that it’s a performance exhaust
Now when you stomp on it you can tell it’s a performance motor

• Like 1