19 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Any chance you can share all the part numbers needed to accomplish this mod?  Thanks.  Maybe even a "How to" thread. :)

In order to make it sound like my Trail Boss in the videos, you need to purchase the following two parts from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076P6VR6F/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077PTR7XF/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All I did was take these parts to a muffler shop that I trust from previous experiences and had them remove a small section of piping before the stock muffler on the truck.  The exhaust pipe size on the 5.3L trucks is 2.75" but I used a 3" cutout because it is more readily available than a hard to find 2.75" cutout.  You do not want to go smaller with a 2.5" cutout because you will be restricting the exhaust flow.  They simply installed the cutout in place of the removed pipe section and welded it in place.  Additionally, I had them weld a 3" inlet, 5" outlet, 12" long exhaust tip.  I did this because it sharpened up the tone and increased the loudness of the sound.  We tested it multiple times with and without the tip, and it was definitely a better and louder sound with the tip on.  We also tested it with a Cherry Bomb Extreme muffler that I had purchased as well, but while it sounded pretty good, it was no where near as nice, loud, and throaty as just the cutout followed by the tip.  My exhaust setup is pictured below.  The cutout system i went with has an electric valve that is controlled via remote.  They also make manual cutouts and electric ones that require a switch to be wired.  Personally, I like the remote and it doesn't require wiring a switch.  Keep in mind,  the cutout will need to be wired with the supplied wiring to the battery.  It has a cigarette lighter plug on the end of it but you just need to cut it off and run the red to the positive and the black to the negative on the battery.  You can do the wiring yourself as I chose to do or you can have the exhaust shop wire it for you.

20180925_190956.thumb.jpg.7145e4274232fce75ba8cf7a498c060c.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to buy a catback and had a muffler shop install a Flowmaster muffler in the mean time last week.  I have a 19 5.3 Denali and it sounded basically like the stock muffler.  I had them just muffler delete and it sounds awesome.  I can't believe I bought a new Denali and cut the muffler off.  It doesn't gurgle, no interior drone and sounds throaty.   Everyone has asked what exhaust I put on it.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, shift_grind said:

Does your truck have dual or single exhaust?

All T1s have single pipe exhaust.  The exception is that any truck that comes with the dual polished tips has dual piping coming from the muffler but before the muffler there is still only one pipe.