Rear window leak

Demon

Just got a call from my dealer 2 hours later and they will be replacing the entire rear glass. They said that the glass is no longer on backorder and it should be in by tomorrow. They also told me that the truck will be stored indoors the whole time after the install to ensure that the adhesive cures properly. 

So ive got my fingers crossed that this works out. Im glad they are doing a full replacement instead of the resealing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapedrinkesha said:

Has anyone not had their window leak besides me? I love my truck, and I've only had it a couple months but this window leak issue has me checking for water constantly.

I owned my 2/2019 build RST for 8 months before it started leaking. It sat through intense spring rainfall here in North TX, and went through the automatic car wash 5-7 times at least without leaking. Then, one day when it was just a slow, steady rain, I first noticed it. 

As I've said many times in this thread, it's not a matter of IF, but when. Just keep your eye out. You don't have to break your neck watching for it, but check from time to time. ?? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapedrinkesha said:

Has anyone not had their window leak besides me? I love my truck, and I've only had it a couple months but this window leak issue has me checking for water constantly.

Bought in November of 2019, build date was September of 2019 in Mexico and mine isn’t leaking and I do check every time it rains 

7 hours ago, TFB said:

Add me to the list.  I have owned the truck for about one month.  1,050 miles.  Build date of September 2019.  Being an engineer, it is baffling why GM has not implemented a fix in the factory.  Pathetic.

Built in September, is it a 2020? What make?

13 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

Buy another brand and take your chances dealing with a different problem.

:)

Exactly... such a ridiculous statement that someone regrets owning a certain “brand” because of an issue... news flash, EVERY car company has issues... between mechanical issues and all these computer related things on vehicles now, it’s inevitable. My biggest problem I’m reading on this forum is how these mechanics are handling the fixes and how they flat out beat the crap out of the panels and paint while “fixing” a very expensive truck. Have some pride in your work... 

• Like 3

Dropped mine off today. Dealer has a "water leak" guy coming in to track down the leak. Odd thing, it was filthy and covered in salt a few days ago so I went thru the car wash, expecting it would leak. Not a drop.. Headliner is stained and there were drops on the seat before. No idea what causes the leak. I figured the high pressure would surely do it. Can't blame the dealer one bit. Not even the place I bought it but I did use to work there. So far they have been top notch. Hopefully its not the rear window removal fix. I'll update when I hear anything. I wonder how many are leaking and people are unaware. I never even go in the back seat long enough to notice and the only reason I looked harder was this forum. 

• Like 2

Dropped mine off today. Dealer has a "water leak" guy coming in to track down the leak. Odd thing, it was filthy and covered in salt a few days ago so I went thru the car wash, expecting it would leak. Not a drop.. Headliner is stained and there were drops on the seat before. No idea what causes the leak. I figured the high pressure would surely do it. Can't blame the dealer one bit. Not even the place I bought it but I did use to work there. So far they have been top notch. Hopefully its not the rear window removal fix. I'll update when I hear anything. I wonder how many are leaking and people are unaware. I never even go in the back seat long enough to notice and the only reason I looked harder was this forum. 

Mine is kind of a similar situation. Pressure washer to the back window spoiler etc and not a drop, it “drizzled” at our house the other night and saw the leak in the morning. No rhyme or reason to mine, like you hoping it’s just the urethane seal at the top and it doesn’t require removal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pick up my new LT TB tomorrow.  It was build 9/19 and is a Fort Wayne build.  Will let you guys know if I have the leak.  When I pick it up, I plan to look under the rear seat and also at the inside ceiling area near the rear to look for signs of water entry and will make an issue with it with the dealer at pickup if I find any evidence of water.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wacnstac said:

I pick up my new LT TB tomorrow.  It was build 9/19 and is a Fort Wayne build.  Will let you guys know if I have the leak.  When I pick it up, I plan to look under the rear seat and also at the inside ceiling area near the rear to look for signs of water entry and will make an issue with it with the dealer at pickup if I find any evidence of water.

Even if you don't visibly see water, you might be able to see a hard water stain line from the top of the window down. You can still see where mine ran down the inside of the back window even though its dry now. 

5 hours ago, TFB said:

This is the first GM car I have ever owned and I am regretting that decision.

Dude, don't make any harsh decisions. Like others have said - EVERY car has issues. I haven't seen my truck in 2 months, I'm still sticking with Chevy. Guys at work here with a new Ram - he has chrome window trim on one side, black window trim on the other. Another guy here with a brand new F150 Raptor with leaking oil & stitches in his $2000 leather seats popping.....

• Like 4