Zane

2020 GMC Sierra HD Caught Yet Again - Denali, SLT & Dually

Sierra3500hdSLTdual.g01.KGP.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com

November 30th, 2018

Only days after we got a more detailed look at the 2020 Chevy Silverado HD and the 2020 GMC Sierra Denali HD, the Sierra HD is out in full public view once again. This ramp up of public testing can only mean one thing. We're close to the all new 2020 HD's being unveiled. Look out for the new HD duo to go public soon and officially debut in January at the Detroit Auto Show. 

Our photographer says this about the new photos:

Sierra HD’s SLT Grille Thorough Departure From Sierra 1500 Variant
The significant drop in camouflage applied to this Sierra 3500 HD prototype has finally revealed details of what appears to the SLT grille design, and the grille treatment is a thorough departure from the Sierra 1500.  The horizontal slats have a unique “open-slat” design along with additional detailing completely unique to the HD model. 

Dually Body Style Caught Uncovered
The standard Crew Cab variants were the first to drop the heavy vinyl cladding, but now a prototype for the Sierra 3500 HD dually has begun running in nothing but its tight-fitting body wrap.  We can now see the more chiseled design details applied to the wider dual rear wheel box.  The wide-body design once again incorporates the “stepside” design recently spotted on the standard-bodied Crew Cab prototypes.  We see that the integrated side step resides at the front corner of the rear fender—just aft of the Crew Cab’s rear doors.  We had wondered where the side step would reside on the longer bed models, and now we know—the integrated side step will always be placed at the front-most corner of the rear box, regardless of bed length.

With the appearance of this newly uncovered 2020 GMC Sierra 3500 HD SLT dually—another key piece of the Sierra HD’s story has come into clearer focus.

2020 GMC Sierra HD Spy Shots

Sierra3500hdSLTdual.g15.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r01.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r04.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r05.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r07.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r09.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r10.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r12.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r13.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r15.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r18.KGP.jpg

Sierra3500hdSLTdual.g02.KGP.jpg

Sierra3500hdSLTdual.g06.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r15.KGP.jpg

GMCsierraHDdenali.r18.KGP.jpg

Sierra3500hdSLTdual.g02.KGP.jpg

2020 GMC Sierra HD Full Spyshot Gallery

Link coming asap

Sierra3500hdSLTdual.g07c.KGP.jpg

Sierra3500hdSLTdual.g09.KGP.jpg

Sierra3500hdSLTdual.g11.KGP.jpg

See the entire 2020 Sierra HD SLT & Dually Gallery

it's going to look very silly.. very funny looking.. uggh.

I think it looks great, and functional...

Still those crazy ass wheel wells, there's like 5 separate angles on them, what?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By VictorLin0725
      Hi there, new to the forum here and was hoping to gain some wisom from you folks. I'm in a dilemma and am having a difficult time choosing between the Silverado or the Suburban. I'm currently a paramedic in the great white north and like to go fishing, hunting, mountain biking, etc. The space in both is more than enough for me but I'm wondering which is the better vehicle? Most of the gear I'll be carrying will need to be dry so If I do get a pickup I'll have to add a shell to the back. So the question is: do I buy a suburban or a silverado with a decked out bed (what functionality do I lose going either way)? I'll be daily driving this car/truck so it will need to be a great all rounder  (city driving, long road trips, light offroad, driving empty, etc). Do I lose any ground clearance/off road capability if I get the suburban, and do I lose any creature comforts if I get the silverado? Specifically looking at the LT or the Suburban and the LTZ for the Silverado.

Bonus question: Do you think its worth upgrading to the GMC lineup? (ex: Yukon XL vs Sierra) They seem pretty similar give or take a few cosmetic things.

Would love some insight into this issue. Thanks in advance!
    • By VictorLin0725
      Hi there, new to the forum here and was hoping to gain some wisom from you folks. I'm in a dilemma and am having a difficult time choosing between the Silverado or the Suburban. I'm currently a paramedic in the great white north and like to go fishing, hunting, mountain biking, etc. The space in both is more than enough for me but I'm wondering which is the better vehicle? Most of the gear I'll be carrying will need to be dry so If I do get a pickup I'll have to add a shell to the back. So the question is: do I buy a suburban or a silverado with a decked out bed (what functionality do I lose going either way)? I'll be daily driving this car/truck so it will need to be a great all rounder  (city driving, long road trips, light offroad, driving empty, etc). Do I lose any ground clearance/off road capability if I get the suburban, and do I lose any creature comforts if I get the silverado? Specifically looking at the LT or the Suburban and the LTZ for the Silverado.

Bonus question: Do you think its worth upgrading to the GMC lineup? (ex: Yukon XL vs Sierra) They seem pretty similar give or take a few cosmetic things.

Would love some insight into this issue. Thanks in advance!
    • By j98
      I was curious to know if anyone had some good ideas for a replacement grille for my 2011 Denali 1500. On Sunday I passed a semi on a 2 lane doing 65 mph and the idiot didn’t clean off 6” of snow and ice on the top of his livestock trailer. I centered a piece that flew off the top of his trailer and it took out a large section of my grille and completely took off the air dam as well.

Was possibly considering a black billet grille, wondered if anyone might have pics of something like that? Any other ideas would be helpful as well, even just where I might be able to get a factory replacement.   

Does GM-Trucks not have a classifieds area, or does that come only if I get a membership? Truck could use a few cosmetic things..
    • By mpell
      2015 GMC Sierra.
      60k miles.
      Crew cab, short bed.

Got a P0445 2 weeks ago on a road trip for the holidays. Cleared it, it came back immediately, drove it back ~1000 miles no issues just bad mileage. Now I'm getting a P0449. After getting under the truck I realized the wires going to the evap solenoid are torn up. How? Why? I'm not sure.

So, I'm attempting to splice them back together before replacing the solenoid but cannot get the plug off for the life of me. I've attached photos of the wires and the plug/connector. I've tried pulling Part B straight down, away, up, etc- and it doesn't budge. I've tried prying Part A out (away from the wires) and it doesn't budge either. I've also tried pushing in the red tab between the split in Part A but that also doesn't budge. Can anyone help me figure out what to do here? Is my pin/connector broken?

Thanks in advance...

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      1-7-2019
      Are you tired of the dude with a clipboard and the "real people" looking surprised when the trucks they see turn out to be Chevys? If so, you will be pleased to hear that GM is taking a little break from the four-year-long "Real People, Not Actors" campaign. GM plans to bring them back, but for the coming season, Chevy is headed toward a different angle in its adverts that will show how the Silverado is the perfect truck for everyone in America. Which makes little sense since GM sells three other trucks that must be right for somebody (are we crazy?).  The spot features a variety of Silverado owners closing tailgates. 
      The new advert is called "Tailgates," and we have to say we like it. The nostalgia always tugs at our heartstrings and Chevy highlighting the more modern uses for trucks instead of it always being a horse saddle rest is welcome. For more details on GM's Chevrolet Silverado advertising plans, check out this deep dive by Ad Age. What is also a bit funny though is that GMC has a new ad campaign that basically says all one piece tailgates are old-fashioned. Do the Chevy and GMC add guys talk?  
      GMC's new advertising campaign is called "Step Up Like A Pro." Maybe we have been drinking the GM Kool-Aid too long, but this one sounds like a winner to us. First off, "Step up" reminds us of GM's innovative corner step. Secondly, "Like a Pro" sounds a lot like the GMC theme for the past decade that generally gives the impression that GMC trucks are "Professional Grade." The campaign highlights GMC unique multi-function tailgate and features a song you know well.  "Step Up Like A Pro is an empowering call to action that resonates with truck owners, encouraging them to reach higher in their lives and not accept the ordinary. ‘Anthem’ continues to define our GMC ‘We Are Professional Grade’ standards and signals landmark change to the industry,” said Rich Latek, director of GMC Marketing.  

GM is planning a lot of TV-football and social media buys to kick off the Silverado and Sierra campaigns.  What do you think of the adverts?